• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Yea... Why? Capitalism made America the greedy heartless country we are. The founding fathers would be proud of us.

I was referencing another thread where a newer member, that I've grown to like, asked us that when we riduculed him after telling us he charges labor on top of parts when selling an ar he built at home.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I bought the 19x when it first came out last year. First factory colored slide, lanyard loop, extra capacity. I do prefer the 19 and 23, even over the 22. They draw quick and the bigger frame to me is still kind of awkward. I have a lot of muscle memory on the smaller frames. I have other guns but will ride with what I know and trust.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Quickest draw is from a Fobus GL2 paddle holster. Retention is ok but I find myself holding the gun down when running. Can't beat the draw though.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I'd be more interested if they offered it in .40.

40 is the way to go if you practice and stay on target. Besides a body shot with a 40 is easier than a nose shot with a 9. Unfortunately the gen 5, and even the 19x, are only 2 pin designs so I don't see anything but 9mm on the horizon for the gen 5 models.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    40 is the way to go if you practice and stay on target. Besides a body shot with a 40 is easier than a nose shot with a 9. Unfortunately the gen 5, and even the 19x, are only 2 pin designs so I don't see anything but 9mm on the horizon for the gen 5 models.

:rolleyes:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    The 19x was based on the Army trials pistol, but not the same gun. I think they had to get it down to 23 parts. So the locking block pin got ditched. Also on the gen5, the 17M's slides were coming off when dry firing. I'm hoping for a gen6 3 pin Glock 23 with no finger grooves, flared magwell, and a marksman barrel. Make mine in olive drab please, with a trigger job and Trijicon night sights.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

:scratch: Three words for you, :) Location, Location, Location :rolleyes:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Quickest draw is from a Fobus GL2 paddle holster. Retention is ok but I find myself holding the gun down when running. Can't beat the draw though.
    If you have to hold the gun down when running, then retention is not ok. There are plenty of better holsters on the market that offer good retention and still allow a fast draw. You owe it to yourself to buy a better holster.

For example, look into a Safariland 5198. That's a start and they aren't expensive either.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    You and afew others would be the only ones buying them :):

I'm excited for the 45 but not like I was the 19x. This has a few improvements for daily carry I think but I'm also perfectly happy carrying my 19x with the one exception of mag compatability. This is the one area they failed in as far as the 19x goes and the gen5 mags in general . The front lips are dumb
    Update.. Literally 2 minutes with a dremel and the front lip can be modded to accept Gen 5 mags. It takes so little that I doubt you can see the mod unless you compare it side by side with an unmodded pistol. I'm not a fan of tan but I'll wait for the prices on the G45 to settle down before make the plunge.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    My first two guns were Glocks. Nothing against them.

The last one I shot was the 19x and I was far more impressed than I expected to be. Why? I've never shot a G17 or full size 9mm, just the G22 I had.

I shot the G19x better than I can remember shooting almost any other Glock (other than the unexpected and weird accuracy I had with the G30, which I think was a fluke since I'm not a very good pistol shot).

I would totally consider the 19x -- if it was priced more like it should be at $500 instead of like $650 or so like some shops usually have them.:rolleyes:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    If you have to hold the gun down when running, then retention is not ok. There are plenty of better holsters on the market that offer good retention and still allow a fast draw. You owe it to yourself to buy a better holster.

For example, look into a Safariland 5198. That's a start and they aren't expensive either.

You are correct. Wish I could trust retention 100%. I have a couple Code 4 Concealment and a couple other 'fiberglass' holsters. Comfort isn't as good as the Fobus so I still have it. I will check out the Safariland. Thanks for the model number.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My first two guns were Glocks. Nothing against them.

The last one I shot was the 19x and I was far more impressed than I expected to be. Why? I've never shot a G17 or full size 9mm, just the G22 I had.

I shot the G19x better than I can remember shooting almost any other Glock (other than the unexpected and weird accuracy I had with the G30, which I think was a fluke since I'm not a very good pistol shot).

I would totally consider the 19x -- if it was priced more like it should be at $500 instead of like $650 or so like some shops usually have them.:rolleyes:

I think the G19x is actually a pretty decent deal. They cost about $100 more then a regular G19 but you get night sights and two magazine extensions. Oh and that interesting color. But I would be more interested in a G45 so I can install the sights I want.

Top Bottom