• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I knew I should've waited. I'd love front serrations on my G19 MOS. Oh well.

So can someone explain to me how a shorter sight radius is "geared toward LE"? Obviously if they were thinking about CC, the G45 should be the opposite of the 19x with a longer slide and compact grip.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Meh. Just another incrementally different Glock, with a bunch of stuff that the gen five SHOULD have had when it rolled out, still priced far higher than it rightfully should be.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    quotes.jpg

eyeroll.gif

Who's the genius at Glock who decided that the "Model 45" should be a 9mm?
    It's a passive/ aggressive thing that the Europeans have against the .45 :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Glock should have called the 19X the G45 since it represented a true platform difference. This one could have been the Gen 5 G45. Sense would have been made and the world would spin a bit easier.

Silly marketing names aside, I'll probably pick one of these up eventually because I like commander sized guns. I do wish they would release it in .40 though.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I believe they did the 19x exactly backwards. What good is a full-size frame and short barrel? I want a 17 slide length on a 19 frame. The slide is easy to conceal and extra slide increases shootability. After a certain point, extra frame doesn't do anything for shootability (depends on your hands) and is harder to conceal.
    Shorter barrels make for more comfortable carry. Shorter grips make for more ease of concealment. As a duty weapon, comfortable carry trumps concealment.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm excited about these too and will have the 19.
    Even for people not looking to use an RMR, they can buy this version just for the forward serations on a gen5 which was VERY smart on glocks part to do.

Now all glock needs to do is stop putting stupid plastic sights on their guns
    You didn't tell me the new MOS has front serrations... I may want one now lol

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm excited about these too and will have the 19.
    Even for people not looking to use an RMR, they can buy this version just for the forward serations on a gen5 which was VERY smart on glocks part to do.

Now all glock needs to do is stop putting stupid plastic sights on their guns

That would be the G45x-3 variant with new and improved factory stippling.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    You and afew others would be the only ones buying them :):

I'm excited for the 45 but not like I was the 19x. This has a few improvements for daily carry I think but I'm also perfectly happy carrying my 19x with the one exception of mag compatability. This is the one area they failed in as far as the 19x goes and the gen5 mags in general . The front lips are dumb
    The guy at PWD that does cerekote and stippling when I need it removed the "front lip"on his. I'm thinking I'll have him remove the one on mine. I'm sure I could do it myself he has what is needed to erase it like it was never there.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glock 45. I just like the name. I thank I want one.

I thought the G19x was silly. Then I handled one. No secret I have little raccoon hands and interestingly enough the Gen 5 17 and G19x have a slimmer feel then a regular G19. This is because the Glock hump is lower on my palm. The shorter slide should be a bit faster out of the holster, I think the gun balances better (like a 1911 Commander) and there should be a little less reciprocating mass up front. Overall the G19x/G45 should be a well behaved little beast.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So, other than for those with big hands, what are the primary advantages to the bigger frame with the G19 slide that make the 19x so attractive? I'm a big fan of the g19 form factor as is.

I carried a Glock 19 for years, didn't think I would like the 19X based just on what I read (e.g. longer grip and couple more rounds), and I always felt like the G17 was a bit big for my hand. But when I got to pick a 19X up at the NRA meeting in Dallas, I really liked how it handled, I liked that the front corners had been rounded down a bit, and it didn't feel bigger for the extra capacity. So as soon as I left the NRA meeting I bought one on the way home. Been carrying it ever since and I still like it.

The color is fine by me, I generally wear khaki colored pants anyway, and since I carry concealed it doesn't matter anyway.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    There are always guys who flood armslist with their "first and only glock model x that the store sold and they wont have more for a long time" trying to get a come up on a trade. The Gen 5 flood was stupid, guys wanting to trade g5 19 for gen 4 in like condition plus 300 cash... what? lol. I didn't realize they already released them, I should have a can to pick up in Seymour in less than a month they usually have all the glock hotness. May leave with something extra the wife won't need to know about lol

Top Bottom