• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The thing about all this that really pissed me off was I kept a neutral stance with him since I didn't want to interfere. All I had done up to that point was offer him a safe house for his guns and told him I'd help him out with the guns any way he needed me to. His choice.
    I guess that was meddling in their marriage in her thinking.
    I had a change of opinion about her when I heard she demanded he get rid of the guns. Once she mouthed off to me then I took the gloves off. I really was nicer to her than I wanted to be but I kept it as civil as my conscience would let me.

:yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Ah yes. Started with the guns now it will be " How can you be friends with someone who talks to your wife like that " and then youll start getting phone calls about why your buddy cant hang out anymore. I lost a buddy to this for about 3 years. Hes just now stepping back into our group. Everytime id ask him to hang out hed " have to ask his girlfriend " and when hed get back to
    me itd always be something like work in the morning or hes feeling sick or hes got work to do. Any excuse except "my girlfriend wont let me". Crazy how quick it can happen

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The thing about all this that really pissed me off was I kept a neutral stance with him since I didn't want to interfere. All I had done up to that point was offer him a safe house for his guns and told him I'd help him out with the guns any way he needed me to. His choice.
    I guess that was meddling in their marriage in her thinking.
    I had a change of opinion about her when I heard she demanded he get rid of the guns. Once she mouthed off to me then I took the gloves off. I really was nicer to her than I wanted to be but I kept it as civil as my conscience would let me.

Good for you!

You have met the spouse......she was leary of my side arm at 1st. It took quit a while.
    My how things will change with some patience.

Absolutely! I used to p***y foot around the wife for her sanity as I didnt want to freak her out when I carried. She knew I had guns when we married and had no problem with them for hunting or going to the range or HD. But she didnt know I carried when (I perceived*) the risk was higher like going downtown at night, etc. And when I did so I CCd my G27 discretely. She admittedly lived in a bubble up to that time. Then Sandy Hook happened and her eyes were opened WIIIIIDE. At that point she pretty much DEMANDED I carry EVERYWHERE but home. "Uh, babe. I've carried before but you never noticed." She had absolutely no idea. I now carry around the house because my supertuck is comfy and its no inconvenience to just keep carrying and not unstrap as soon as I get home.

*I now know thanks to INGO and others that it was merely perception and was the equivalent of only buying life insurance at the airport, or borrowing a fire extinguisher only when I deep fried a turkey; I didnt grasp the concept that ANYTIME was a possible time I might need it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good for you!

Absolutely! I used to p***y foot around the wife for her sanity as I didnt want to freak her out when I carried. She knew I had guns when we married and had no problem with them for hunting or going to the range or HD. But she didnt know I carried when (I perceived*) the risk was higher like going downtown at night, etc. And when I did so I CCd my G27 discretely. She admittedly lived in a bubble up to that time. Then Sandy Hook happened and her eyes were opened WIIIIIDE. At that point she pretty much DEMANDED I carry EVERYWHERE but home. "Uh, babe. I've carried before but you never noticed." She had absolutely no idea. I now carry around the house because my supertuck is comfy and its no inconvenience to just keep carrying and not unstrap as soon as I get home.

*I now know thanks to INGO and others that it was merely perception and was the equivalent of only buying life insurance at the airport, or borrowing a fire extinguisher only when I deep fried a turkey; I didnt grasp the concept that ANYTIME was a possible time I might need it.

Hell man.....if you were carrying when I was at your place I had no idea.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Yeti 110 has a 5 star rating.

XqsQM1m_zpstzgffmko.gif

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Good for you, Harry. As for her phone call, I just went back and looked at the OP and sure enough... You didn't "stick your nose in"... he called you!

For your friend's sake, I hope that she either changes her attitude or her residence, and I hope he has the fortitude to ensure that one or the other changes.

Blessings,
    Bill

I'm the new owner of some guns, he grew a pair and has set a new directive in their relationship, and waiting for things to thaw out to see if the earth is still on it's axis.
    I got a call from her wanting to know why I stuck my nose in their problems. I simply told her that it's HER problem and she needs to take a ****ing valium. Told her she crossed the lines of common decency and courtesy with her husband. Told her she was wrong and her attitude will rapidly change her world as she knows it.
    I finished the conversation with "If you don't want to know then don't ask"

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    THIS..... "Most" "counslers", are LEFT leaning, if not clear off the deep end .....BE careful, WHO

you choose .....

This! My wife is a psychologist (though not a marriage counselor nor a couples' therapist) and not even the slightest bit left leaning so she is definitely a minority in the mental healthcare realm. Based on her experience there are plenty of good left leaning people in the field that can be neutral and helpful but ..... there are also all too many that put their leftist ideology first and foremost. The only good thing is the latter type usually doesn't try very hard to hide it and actually can't help but make it perfectly clear to anyone paying attention. As with anything else finding a good fit matters and it pays to do your research beforehand.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Good for you, Harry. As for her phone call, I just went back and looked at the OP and sure enough... You didn't "stick your nose in"... he called you!

For your friend's sake, I hope that she either changes her attitude or her residence, and I hope he has the fortitude to ensure that one or the other changes.

Blessings,
    Bill

I'm no spring chicken Bill and have learned a few things in this life. Not sticking my nose into other's business is one of the first things I learned. I stick to that as best possible.
    When I bought his guns from him he explained it was just making a few compromises in their new relationship. I asked him what was she compromising on as far as the guns went. I think that's when his testosterone level raised up a bit and he left to get a few things clarified at home.
    Other than her call I haven't heard anything else from either of them. IF he lets this behavior continue I guess it's his choice.
    And before anyone asks... I paid for the guns with a check so there's a record of the sale. I paid a fair price for them and he has "buy back" privileges should the "need" arise.
    I don't think any bridges have been burned up to this point so any friendships are still ok. I even think her and I can co-exist on this planet if need be.
    I can tolerate stupid people up to a point. I don't like scheming or nasty people. The verdict is still out on her as far as I'm concerned. I'll give her a chance to become reasonable and nice.

Top Bottom