• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I disagree somewhat, depending how strong your friendship is. I grew up with my best friend and we both talk straight to each other. When he was engaged, he got cold feet. He asked me what to do and I told him he already made the decision. Turns out over the years she p whipped him a lot and she kept me (a bad influence) at bay for many years and he allowed it. He could have and should have bailed out early on, but decided to stay.

Your friend needs guidance. This bad situation will only get worse. Plus they're not young foolish kids. If he stays he will regret it. Get him out and have some heart to heart talks over quality draft beer.
    My friend probably does need guidance.
    I'll let him be pissed at a guidance counselor instead of me.
    NEVER interfere in another person's marriage.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My friend probably does need guidance.
    I'll let him be pissed at a guidance counselor instead of me.

I absolutely agree. The exception with my friend is we have been friends since age 12 and are at least as close as brothers. In recent years his wife is coming around, realizing I'm not as bad as she thought.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

When hubby and wife kiss and make up you could be out in the cold regarding the friendship if you took his side too directly.

Kind of like domestic disputes where hubby and wife stop fighting each other to focus their combined energy on first responders trying to help.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Didn't read all 5 pages so far but...

Maybe it's a test????

"Honey if you love me get rid of all your guns."

Then when he goes to sell them the wife tells him it was a test and he can keep them all. :dunno:

my ex did that "test" crap. She didn't much appreciate my response. They're just looking for something to gripe about if you don't "pass". If you do pass, they know how far they can push next time. In my book, if she does that get out.

I remember some words of wisdom, though I don't remember the source:

Men are looking for "move in ready".
    Women are looking for a "fixer-upper".

My current wife was well-informed that she was getting me "as-is" and if she couldn't live with something get it out early or forever hold her peace. Seems to have worked.

One word: annulment. The longer he hangs around, the worse it will get. Others above have questioned why this wasn't gone over before the ceremony. To quote Hillary: "what difference, at this point, does it make?"

If he doesn't get out now, he will have a lifetime of regret. A little bit of pain for a lifetime of freedom. (assuming he learns from his mistakes)

In my mind, at least from the first page of info, she entered the marriage under false pretenses with deliberate deceit in mind.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I concur. One of my wife's work friends was comfortable because his parents never stopped working, and neither did he. Enter Ms. Golddigger, and the first thing she says after exchanging vows is that his beloved dog has to go. Retired police dog. Sorry, it's me or the dog. I believe right there is where he made his second big mistake and set the pattern. Long story short, he's now a lot less well off and she's off looking for the next sucker.

exodus125

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009

my ex did that "test" crap. She didn't much appreciate my response. They're just looking for something to gripe about if you don't "pass". If you do pass, they know how far they can push next time. In my book, if she does that get out.

My current wife was well-informed that she was getting me "as-is" and if she couldn't live with something get it out early or forever hold her peace. Seems to have worked.

In my mind, at least from the first page of info, she entered the marriage under false pretenses with deliberate deceit in mind.

That is spot on.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

This is what I have told, and will tell, ANY women, in my life .....

I have been through, what I have been through .....

I am who I am ..... You can accept me, or NOT .....

Many, have moved on ..... That is fine with me .....

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    This is what I have told, and will tell, ANY women, in my life .....

I have been through, what I have been through .....

I am who I am ..... You can accept me, or NOT .....

Many, have moved on ..... That is fine with me .....

To be straight up honest, your friend is setting himself up for a future of misery and wasted time.

This lady will not change. A tiger doesn't change it stripes.

QFT. :yesway:

:ingo:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I concur. One of my wife's work friends was comfortable because his parents never stopped working, and neither did he. Enter Ms. Golddigger, and the first thing she says after exchanging vows is that his beloved dog has to go. Retired police dog. Sorry, it's me or the dog. I believe right there is where he made his second big mistake and set the pattern. Long story short, he's now a lot less well off and she's off looking for the next sucker.

May I make a slight correction?

"We're a package deal. If the dog goes, so do I, and it's my house, so that means we stay and YOU go. It's been his home a lot longer than it's been yours."

She knew he had and loved the dog, and pulled that? Sounds to me like he had a dog and he had a b***h... and should have told the latter exactly that.

There is a story of a man who was walking his dog along an unfamiliar country road. He came upon a small tree next to a field, and an angel next to it. The man with the dog asked about the field, as it was quite beautiful. The reclining man told him it was Heaven, and he could go right in, if he so chose, but he'd have to leave his dog there, as they were not allowed.
    The man looked longingly for a moment, then down at his dog, and shook his head, continuing down the road. A bit later, he came upon a man with his feet up on an old stump, smoking a pipe, next to a little shack. He asked if he could sit for a few, and if the man had some water for his dog. The man welcomed him, and they chatted for a few, when the man with the dog mentioned the angel. His host smiled and said, "Actually, this is Heaven. Had you entered there, you'd have never found your way back; that was Hell.

The walking man nodded his head. "I figured. There was no way it could be Heaven without my dog."

The story is actually much better, and I've told it badly, but the point, I trust, is clear. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

"We're a package deal. If the dog goes, so do I, and it's my house, so that means we stay and YOU go. It's been his home a lot longer than it's been yours."

She knew he had and loved the dog, and pulled that? Sounds to me like he had a dog and he had a b***h... and should have told the latter exactly that.

There is a story of a man who was walking his dog along an unfamiliar country road. He came upon a small tree next to a field, and an angel next to it. The man with the dog asked about the field, as it was quite beautiful. The reclining man told him it was Heaven, and he could go right in, if he so chose, but he'd have to leave his dog there, as they were not allowed.
    The man looked longingly for a moment, then down at his dog, and shook his head, continuing down the road. A bit later, he came upon a man with his feet up on an old stump, smoking a pipe, next to a little shack. He asked if he could sit for a few, and if the man had some water for his dog. The man welcomed him, and they chatted for a few, when the man with the dog mentioned the angel. His host smiled and said, "Actually, this is Heaven. Had you entered there, you'd have never found your way back; that was Hell.

The walking man nodded his head. "I figured. There was no way it could be Heaven without my dog."

The story is actually much better, and I've told it badly, but the point, I trust, is clear. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

Reminds me of this:

ztsrvt.jpg

:)

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

Blessings,
    Bill

Kind of sounds like the ending of Twilight Zone Season 3, Episode 19 The Hunt.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Kind of sounds like the ending of Twilight Zone Season 3, Episode 19 The Hunt.

Might be. I just said it was a story. I don't recall where I heard it.

Kinda like the one where the guy is given a button in a plexiglass box. He's told that if he presses it, someone he does not know will die, and he will receive $1M. Long story short, eventually, he presses it. Nothing happens until the guy who gave it to him shows up to collect it and give him his money. He asks out of curiosity, "What happens to it now?"
    "Oh, I take it and give it to someone else. Someone you don't know."

I heard that somewhere, then eventually found out it was a TZ episode also.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom