• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And here I'm wondering how many of these people would be charged federally if anyone bothered to check if they were licensed to carry? I know KY has permitless carry, but you still have to legally be able to carry for it to apply.

Why would anyone check? A person carrying a firearm openly in KY, where allowed, isn't reasonable suspicion on its own to stop them and ask for ID to delve into their background. They would need some other reason to stop them and ask.

Of course, threatening the state AG should probably prompt some investigation. Grand Master Jay claimed that in a conversation with the state AG, the AG told him that the mayor had just handed him the case files a week ago, and there wasn't a case there. It would take him 4 months to investigate. Grand Master Jay told him he doesn't have 4 months. GMJ then told his crowd that in 4 weeks if the investigation isn't finished, "burn the mother****er down". Seems like the left would melt down if the 3 percenters would have said something like that. But anyway.

The whole case is a stinky mess. The mayor and governor are acting frustrated with the police, the DA, and the state AG's office. I suspect much of that is feigned and partisan (the AG is a "law and order" type Republican). I think the mayor may have something to do with the stalling, and it's possibly because they don't really have a case against the police officers. Not necessarily because there was no wrongdoing, but because there probably wasn't evidence of it. Fischer knows he has to produce a conviction out of this because that's what the entire West Side expects. I think that no-knock raid looks shady as ****. But we don't just convict and hang people based on, "it looks shady as ****."

raider600

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Beech Grove
    And here I'm wondering how many of these people would be charged federally if anyone bothered to check if they were licensed to carry? I know KY has permitless carry, but you still have to legally be able to carry for it to apply.
    Why check them and not every white dude with a gun down there to?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why would anyone check? A person carrying a firearm openly in KY, where allowed, isn't reasonable suspicion on its own to stop them and ask for ID to delve into their background. They would need some other reason to stop them and ask.

Of course, threatening the state AG should probably prompt some investigation. Grand Master Jay claimed that in a conversation with the state AG, the AG told him that the mayor had just handed him the case files a week ago, and there wasn't a case there. It would take him 4 months to investigate. Grand Master Jay told him he doesn't have 4 months. GMJ then told his crowd that in 4 weeks if the investigation isn't finished, "burn the mother****er down". Seems like the left would melt down if the 3 percenters would have said something like that. But anyway.

The whole case is a stinky mess. The mayor and governor are acting frustrated with the police, the DA, and the state AG's office. I suspect much of that is feigned and partisan (the AG is a "law and order" type Republican). I think the mayor may have something to do with the stalling, and it's possibly because they don't really have a case against the police officers. Not necessarily because there was no wrongdoing, but because there probably wasn't evidence of it. Fischer knows he has to produce a conviction out of this because that's what the entire West Side expects. I think that no-knock raid looks shady as ****. But we don't just convict and hang people based on, "it looks shady as ****."

They have done this same gathering in Georgia I believe (???) and no checks on legality's there either.

Yes people gather in protest and support of the 2-A with no reprisals. This is not that. Nothing even close. These asshats want rebellion and are issuing threats. Come on man........:dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    To be clear, I'm not advocating checking anyone. I guess I should have stated it clearer by saying "I wonder how many of those group members were breaking federal law by carrying when they're prohibited persons". Better?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To be clear, I'm not advocating checking anyone. I guess I should have stated it clearer by saying "I wonder how many of those group members were breaking federal law by carrying when they're prohibited persons". Better?

I got your drift and it was not fodder to :stickpoke:

But I also see Jamil's point.

My point is the local officials are so fracking scared of their own shadows that they let these obvious militants roam freely.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Any update on this?

There's really no news here that hasn't been said. The "shooting" was a negligent discharge that occurred during a "security check" while staging before the march. Two people hurt but not seriously. NFAC HMFIC threatened the KY state AG, and encourage people to burn the city if they don't get an answer in 4 weeks, during his little speech, apparently without reprisal. They did their march. And then they left. The 3 percenters did their thing and left too. No violence. Just some peacocking from the NFAC HMFIC, AKA Grand Master Jay. You know. Because people with titles of Grand Masters of militant groups totally aren't ****ing racists.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Okay. I took the "bothered to check" part as that you thought they should be checked. But yeah, you're right. It could be that a lot of people open carrying in KY aren't legal to do so.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I got your drift and it was not fodder to :stickpoke:

But I also see Jamil's point.

My point is the local officials are so fracking scared of their own shadows that they let these obvious militants roam freely.

I'm disturbed that they make not just subtle threats but open and out loud on the news. And then nothing is said or done. I kinda think if the leadership of the 3 percenters had done that, a stink would have been raised at least. I'd say if they do burn the city down in 4 weeks, the NFAC HMFIC should be arrested on sight if he shows up in KY, for inciting a riot at least.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Their mantra was, "We're not shooting to wound, we're shooting to kill!" I guess they missed their mark, but hit 3 of their own..... I live across the river from the asshat of a city (I was born and raised there, but got some sense and married a Hoosier and never looked back) Keep my guns around the house, in case they learn to swim, or drive over the bridges, and have taken to carrying a Sub 2000 in a backpack.....just in case.....

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Well it appears the threat in Austin got neutralized.

United they stand.............blam blam blam..................and they still fell.

Somebody with a rifle was at a car, possibly shots fired, person in car made good hits (return fire?)

No respawn for the gamer/protester.

LOL, somebody in the protest before made some comment about everybody being p*ssies and not gonna do anything.

Right wrong or whatever, being an A hole in public has risks.
    One found out.

The rest proly not learn from it.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Maybe the protester didn't fire on purpose (or at all?), maybe he did the NFAC oops and torched one off by accident.
    Vehicle person then responded.

If protester never shot but came to car angry while armed.............well, that's kinda silly.
    And his last mistake.

Wanna march while armed, can't be going around threatening people.
    What works in St Louis evidently doesn't in Texas.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Scored this great quote from book of faces. These are not my words. After being compared to the KKK this was the best response. ;)

" The KKK never accidentally hung three of their own while forming up a march."

Top Bottom