• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So things are still working, just slower? :dunno:

The NICS system is just overrun with requests?

Would the TDS crowd still have the president drop the work on heading off the virus to run fetch their personal needs?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Funny you mention that. It’s amazing how many people require a LTCH to purchase from them. Seems a little funny that guys that preach second amendment then turns around and conform to the man and his BS.

That's because it's well known that feds set up sting operations and try to nail people who are otherwise doing nothing wrong. So the feds send a felon to me to buy a gun from me, I sell it to him, and I go to jail. No thanks... LTCH should eliminate 99% of that risk.

That said, I'm not interested in selling anything to anybody and double that statement if it's a stranger. You want to sell something to me and assume the risks yourself, that's on you. If you want to see my LTCH, no problem.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Who’s the TDS crowd? Sorry, don’t know all the abbreviations yet.
    Trump derangement syndrome. There are many things that are kind of unique to Ingo. The state trooper stole my wallet, the 870 at shoot right,Popcorn, lifetime license to carry going away, no pants, the list goes on and on.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    That's because it's well known that feds set up sting operations and try to nail people who are otherwise doing nothing wrong. So the feds send a felon to me to buy a gun from me, I sell it to him, and I go to jail. No thanks... LTCH should eliminate 99% of that risk.

That said, I'm not interested in selling anything to anybody and double that statement if it's a stranger. You want to sell something to me and assume the risks yourself, that's on you. If you want to see my LTCH, no problem.

you are not required to do thorough inquiry of a buyer in a Private Sale.
    so jail is not an option in Private sales Unless a guy has a tatoo on his forehead like "Pendleton cell #666"....
    or you have personal knowledge person is prohibited person.
    lock down residency & be aware of what the buyer says & does.

reject any buyer that does not make you comfortable in any way and move on to the next buyer.

This is not legal advice. just don't be afraid to sell your handgun or long-gun in a private sale. When in doubt, use a transfer agent or lock down buyer representations in a bill-of-sale.
    you may lose some money if sale goes south but you will have created a "BPFV" bonifide purchaser for value.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's my little contribution--I replied to the FB page of my town's PD where they announced they were suspending LTCH fingerprinting,etc., and encouraged them to find a solution so they could restore this right to their citizenry.

Good! A number of us did to the Mitchell PD and Lawrence County sheriff’s FB page where they made their announcements. In a day or so, they figured out ways to keep doing their jobs and revised the announcements.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    you are not required to do thorough inquiry of a buyer in a Private Sale.
    so jail is not an option in Private sales Unless a guy has a tatoo on his forehead like "Pendleton cell #666"....
    or you have personal knowledge person is prohibited person.
    lock down residency & be aware of what the buyer says & does.

reject any buyer that does not make you comfortable in any way and move on to the next buyer.

This is not legal advice. just don't be afraid to sell your handgun or long-gun in a private sale. When in doubt, use a transfer agent or lock down buyer representations in a bill-of-sale.
    you may lose some money if sale goes south but you will have created a "BPFV" bonifide purchaser for value.

I'm not so much into the whole "prove you're innocent" thing in a court of law as that would require, so, I'm gonna stick by my guns on this one, both literally and figuratively, that I'm not selling to pretty much anybody for any reason, absolutely not to a stranger, and if I buy from you and you want to see my LTCH, I'm happy to do that for you. I show people my ID when I buy or sell a car too and I ask to see theirs. Everybody understands why with just a little conversation.

The guy I replied to was just a runner that was s***posting to get his 50 anyhow, so, no need to clarify any member's intentions in their ads to him anymore.

bmiller07

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    I just got a delayed response on Friday. Bought 3 guns last Saturday and had a proceed response within 10 minutes. I’m not happy because I bought my first gun online and it shipped super fast but now being held up by atf, go figure.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I just got a delayed response on Friday. Bought 3 guns last Saturday and had a proceed response within 10 minutes. I’m not happy because I bought my first gun online and it shipped super fast but now being held up by atf, go figure.

go figure?????
    IF your name is miller. and please don't answer that..........or smith........

I can figure........ir better yet take a wild @$$ guess why in times of heavy volume you might be delay.

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    you really don't need to prove you are innocent....
    the standard is feds. must prove beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury of you peers...

State of IN license to carry handgun

proves....... get ready..... prepared......

NOTHING

you may be tidying up your affairs before you report to prison or have some subsequent felony/domestic/mental adjudication/

you get it.......that pink LCH means nothin.

now common sense such as driving veh. with out-of-state plates & conversation about domestic battery or smell of weed on buyer might serve seller some caution.

YMMV & again this is not legal advice

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus

There is the problem. I bought a gun on a Monday a couple of years ago then that Friday I bought another with a different barrel length. The FFL asked me when the last time I bought a gun I told her Monday. She told me that is why there is a delay.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    NICS down, LEO agencies ceasing processing gun paperwork, gun stores being shut down as non-essential, millions of people placed under house arrest, and all supposedly caused by a highly contagious virus that appeared overnight and swept the world in days.

I am really, really trying to accept that this is a natural occurrence.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    you really don't need to prove you are innocent....
    the standard is feds. must prove beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury of you peers...

State of IN license to carry handgun

proves....... get ready..... prepared......

NOTHING

you may be tidying up your affairs before you report to prison or have some subsequent felony/domestic/mental adjudication/

you get it.......that pink LCH means nothin.

now common sense such as driving veh. with out-of-state plates & conversation about domestic battery or smell of weed on buyer might serve seller some caution.

YMMV & again this is not legal advice

Yep... and that's why I don't have any intentions of selling any guns to anybody I don't know (and probably not anybody, ever). If someone asks to see my LTCH that I'm buying from. Sure. I don't care.

The fact that the whiner upstream has already been banned from the forum (or a time out, or whatever... won't be down for breakfast for awhile anyhow) should probably illustrate why nobody should be super bent out of shape about a stranger asking to see some sort of ID the illustrates you meet, or did meet, the minimum requirements to possess a gun.

Guy doesn't have his LTCH? That's his problem.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    NICS down, LEO agencies ceasing processing gun paperwork, gun stores being shut down as non-essential, millions of people placed under house arrest, and all supposedly caused by a highly contagious virus that appeared overnight and swept the world in days.

I am really, really trying to accept that this is a natural occurrence.

I take the stance of they need to prove that it IS natural occurrence at this point.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Meaning the person who got delayed can take the firearm after three days?????

Yes, but the individual dealer is allowed to deny the transaction and some have. I forget who, but the likes of Dick's and other such anti 2A had that policy.

My dad and I have the same name, live in the same state. Not a common name, nobody has a criminal record in this state under our name. Every time we buy, we get delayed. Makes no sense as my dad is retired military that currently works intelligence.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's my little contribution--I replied to the FB page of my town's PD where they announced they were suspending LTCH fingerprinting,etc., and encouraged them to find a solution so they could restore this right to their citizenry.

Send them to this link. They are violating the law by stopping the process. They can find a way to do it as others have (with minimal physical interaction) Fortville PD stopped for this reason and then found a way, so can these other PDs.

https://the2aproject.com/f/t2ap-and-rep-jim-lucas-address-ltch-application-stoppages

Meaning the person who got delayed can take the firearm after three days?????

Provided the NICS folks dont call the store before then and say "He is DENIED. DO NOT PROCEED!" No news is good news.

Top Bottom