• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    the real sad part is that these companies and anti' people dont realize that the gun is just a long range tool. With proper martial arts training, the firearms real purpose is Mercy....
    Martial arts are hard. 5% or so of US population train martial arts at least ONCE in the last year. Even fewer train to a profencency that would allow them to genuinely protect themselves. Sad but true. I have always preached that the gun is but a mere tool, I am the weapon. Being unarmed sure as hell doesn't mean defenseless. But if it were easy EVERYONE would do it. People seem to think that life goes from peace to lethal force when the majority of conflicts fall in the middle. Alas, this is a gun forum so... ;)

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    So, yeah, those jackwagons probably shouldn't have open carried their ARs in Walmart and pissed people off. Maybe the ammo ban was coming due to a behind-the-scenes Bloomberg deal either way, but those open carry jagoffs definitely **** the bed by behaving like idiots. This is why we can't have nice things.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My Sensei has not taught Mercy either.

That's because he has none! :lmfao:

I hate going to Walmart because their customer service and the overall experience of buying things there almost always suck. I avoid the place when possible, and instead patronize the local hardware store (Stevenson's ACE) if they have it or Amazon. Kroger is almost universally better for grocery needs. I don't need another reason to avoid Walmart, but they're providing another anyway.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That's because he has none! :lmfao:

I hate going to Walmart because their customer service and the overall experience of buying things there almost always suck. I avoid the place when possible, and instead patronize the local hardware store (Stevenson's ACE) if they have it or Amazon. Kroger is almost universally better for grocery needs. I don't need another reason to avoid Walmart, but they're providing another anyway.

KROGER?????

xeoWagH.png

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I guess technically if you read the agreement you're signing to be a member, you would know, and if you're not a member you're not getting in. So i dont know i would call it cowardly.
    Cowardly to me is giving in to the leftists and media hysterics that mass murder is happening daily with "assault weapons" and stopping selling an inanimate object to appease the left.
    Also a bunch of virtue signaling by walmart by saying they're gonna quit selling this and that only after the supplies in store run dry. Gotta make that profit first then do away with ordering more.

As another stated, it's not in the membership agreement... It's in the corporate policies on the website (right along with their return policy, store hours, and all of that jazz).

That said... The fact that Costco does all of the same things, but doesn't tell you up front, and yet will happily sell you a gun safe, makes them _less_ cowardly?

Think we may just have to agree to disagree on this one. I see them both as bad, with Costco being worse for being sneaky about it.

I also admit that selling through the ammo they already have is hilarious. As if "those" bullets are safe, but the new ones wouldn't be.. Again, two sides of the same scumbag coin.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    As a longtime Walmart shopper, I have spent my last dollar in the place. Canceled my Walmart card today along with a note saying why. Does it matter? Probably not. But just the way it is. Despise weak spined sellouts!:xmad:

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I’ve open carried into the Walmart in Medford, Wi every warm summer Sunday for 4 years. In the winter I wear a coat or vest and I don’t take it off just to be open carry. Our signs carry the weight of law, you’ve been informed and can be trespassed.

After church, I drop my wife off to visit her Dad, shop for groceries, and go pick her up. I’ve had multiple conversations with the self check out monitor woman, all positive, and one stocker kid thanked me for doing open carry well. Always neatly dressed from church, collared shirt and nice jeans or better.

I’m not sure what I’m going to do yet. My plan is to walk in there this Sunday just like normal, open carrying and see what happens. If they politely request I don’t open carry, I will politely decline. If they ask me to leave I will stop shopping and walk away from my groceries I have at that point. If I have them all rung up and inserting my credit card, I’m out the door without them up until they’ve been paid for.

I’m not entirely opposed to concealing there, I do in the winter, and every Sunday at church. I don’t like the way and why they did it. They caved and are only encouraging this behavior, this won’t be the end of it. If they think ammo is so terrible, then destroy your stock instead of selling it. Along with hammers, ladders, chemicals, drugs, water, diet soda, sugary snacks, tires, oil, antifreeze, come to think about it JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING IN YOUR STORE KILLS MORE PEOPLE IN A YEAR THAN RIFLES!!!!!!

We are a small, rural, strongly conservative area. I’ve never had one negative comment about OC in this store. Honestly, I think most people just don’t notice. I open carry a Sig 226 in an El Paso Saddlery belt slide at 3 under my arm, with two extra mags weak side. I’ve had hundreds if not thousands of positive/neutral conversations with people about firearms, and 7 negative conversations.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Thinking about this, I believe that too many of use are attributing political motivation to Walmart in this decision (or any other). Regardless of what they say to explain or justify their recent decision, I don't think it has any relationship at all to the politics of anyone at Walmart HQ. It's 100% from stem to stern a marketing decision designed to improve their position to make more money. It may turn out to be a really bad move (or not) because of the politics and perceptions involved in the overall issue, but ultimately no one on their side cares about anything but the bottom line, which is their primary responsibility.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Thinking about this, I believe that too many of use are attributing political motivation to Walmart in this decision (or any other). Regardless of what they say to explain or justify their recent decision, I don't think it has any relationship at all to the politics of anyone at Walmart HQ. It's 100% from stem to stern a marketing decision designed to improve their position to make more money. It may turn out to be a really bad move (or not) because of the politics and perceptions involved in the overall issue, but ultimately no one on their side cares about anything but the bottom line, which is their primary responsibility.

i don’t know, but I would disagree. I think it’s political first, caving to pressure. I will say that I think for every one person they made upset, there is some number of people larger than one, that they just made happy. I suspect it might be quite a bit larger than one. The gun people that stop shopping at Walmart isn’t going to make a blip on their radar.

Just my opinion, and worth what you paid for it.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

Businesses are being sold marketing ideas to support branding structure on the moral side. We have seen this before and not sure how far it will go or last. Perhaps their pharmacy should stop selling opioids? On either case it comes now from one of our largest employers and retail chains that is known for workforce abuse, tax abate robbers, abandoning old store shells to build new ones, and a supply of humorous shopper pics along the way.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    i don’t know, but I would disagree. I think it’s political first, caving to pressure. I will say that I think for every one person they made upset, there is some number of people larger than one, that they just made happy. I suspect it might be quite a bit larger than one. The gun people that stop shopping at Walmart isn’t going to make a blip on their radar.

Just my opinion, and worth what you paid for it.

I agree with you, this is their way of trying to placate the people that hate them on the left.

I feel that Wal Mart's corporate leadership has poorly judged the demographics of their customer base. And if they alienate middle Americans, people in NYC, LA, and Chicago aren't going to make up for the loss.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    Can I tell you a story. Years ago there was a very large and successful store chain that sold what we might call X-rated magazines. They were asked to stop and refused even though selling them was a tiny part of their business. I had a friend who had a friend on the Board of Directors. He tried to tell his friend that it was a mistake. It led to a boycott. The business eventually went bust - not just because of that, but it was symbolic of their willingness to ignore the mainstream of their customers. That business, by the way was K-Mart.
    Walmart is doing the same thing in that they are ignoring the mainstream of their customers. Sure, some like what they are doing, but I believe their bread-and-butter is the typical American who does believe in the 2nd Amendment. They will certainly not go bust over this, but it is a chink in their armor. Time will tell if this hurts them. It will take years, because people generally do not change their shopping habits overnight and it takes a long time for gradual change to really show up in the bottom line. I will be watching. I do not go there often now and will go less in the future.
    If we all stick to our guns and find alternative places to shop, it will eventually have an impact and they will change or they will begin to die.

Top Bottom