• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Bottom Line: Lawful Gun Owners Blamed For Killings By Walmart and Kroger.
    It has been about a week since Walmart and Kroger made the decision to "politely" ask that we not open carry in stores.

I have read all the threads and comments regarding our rights and their rights. Etc. Read some good and not so good ideas on how we answer this situation and have come to one conclusion that I think is at the crux of the issue. The thing that is the burr under the saddle, and this is it....

By this action, at this time, in this climate, Walmart, Kroger, CVS et al are blaming lawful law abiding gun owners for the mass killings and other gun violence.

They are plainly signaling that we are the problem. Us, our guns, our attitudes, everything we are and believe are the problem with the country.

So now what do we do? It is not exclusively a rights issue. But make no mistake, we are being blamed and 145 or so CEO's of large companies agree.

No, there's a difference between blaming a group for the deaths, and just wanting to avoid dealing with potentially disruptive situations.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I open carried at the Walmart at 135 and Smith Valley today. No one said a word. To be honest, I don’t think anyone noticed either.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Seen open carry today at my local Walmart. Some guy looked to be in his 50's pushing what looked to be his grandson in a cart. Had a S&W Shield OWB leather. No one acted like they gave a crap

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have not seen any OC at Walmart because I am not going back there again to buy anything. They have tried to push their anti gun agenda have placed the 2nd Amendment in jeopardy because they were such a big part of the ammo market.

If you give a crap about the future of the second amendment boycott them.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I have not seen any OC at Walmart because I am not going back there again to buy anything. They have tried to push their anti gun agenda have placed the 2nd Amendment in jeopardy because they were such a big part of the ammo market.

I would have been fine with a no open carry RIFLE request because some people were using their place of business as a political proving ground. If they want to ask people not to open carry due to people getting scared, it is their business even though I disagree with the idea. What would make me a boycott supporter is when a business decides to actively work towards harming my person RKBA. If Walmart donated to anti gun politicians or organizations, or contacted representatives and actively requested they ban certain firearms I would boycott them for certain. A company should sell a product, not get involved in politics. Levi's put out an add campaign back in the 1990's stating they could not stand by while these deadly assault weapons were on the street. I haven't purchased a Levi product since that day, I have been boycotting them for almost 30 years and will continue to do so. Whey they can't just sell cloths is beyond me, all they have to do is stay out of politics and sell to everyone on both sides of the issue.

As for ammo sales, we need to diversify anyway. Online sales, local gun stores or shooting ranges etc. If Walmart stops selling all ammo, it will not hurt ammo manufacturers, We The People will buy elsewhere and Walmart will be the ones losing profit.

Here a lot of anti gun Walmart employees tried to strong arm Walmart into going full anti gun, and Walmart did not bend to their will.

https://godfatherpolitics.com/walmart-tells-protesting-employees-no-change-guns-still-being-sold/

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I would have been fine with a no open carry RIFLE request because some people were using their place of business as a political proving ground. If they want to ask people not to open carry due to people getting scared, it is their business even though I disagree with the idea. What would make me a boycott supporter is when a business decides to actively work towards harming my person RKBA. If Walmart donated to anti gun politicians or organizations, or contacted representatives and actively requested they ban certain firearms I would boycott them for certain. A company should sell a product, not get involved in politics. Levi's put out an add campaign back in the 1990's stating they could not stand by while these deadly assault weapons were on the street. I haven't purchased a Levi product since that day, I have been boycotting them for almost 30 years and will continue to do so. Whey they can't just sell cloths is beyond me, all they have to do is stay out of politics and sell to everyone on both sides of the issue.

As for ammo sales, we need to diversify anyway. Online sales, local gun stores or shooting ranges etc. If Walmart stops selling all ammo, it will not hurt ammo manufacturers, We The People will buy elsewhere and Walmart will be the ones losing profit.

Here a lot of anti gun Walmart employees tried to strong arm Walmart into going full anti gun, and Walmart did not bend to their will.

https://godfatherpolitics.com/walmart-tells-protesting-employees-no-change-guns-still-being-sold/

Like this?!

WalMart has openly stated that it is now in “partnership” on gun control issues with Everytown for Gun Safety which appears to be one of Michael Bloomberg’s “shell” gun control entities that pushes for sweeping gun bans and Red Flag laws!

https://tennesseefirearms.com/2019/...-michael-bloomberg-to-advance-gun-ban-agenda/

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Are you unaware that corporate Walmart is actively lobbying/send letters to congress for more gun control laws? It's beyond just donating money to candidates.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

If you give a crap about the future of the second amendment boycott them.

Like this?!

WalMart has openly stated that it is now in “partnership” on gun control issues with Everytown for Gun Safety which appears to be one of Michael Bloomberg’s “shell” gun control entities that pushes for sweeping gun bans and Red Flag laws!

https://tennesseefirearms.com/2019/...-michael-bloomberg-to-advance-gun-ban-agenda/

Are you unaware that corporate Walmart is actively lobbying/send letters to congress for more gun control laws? It's beyond just donating money to candidates.

There you go, right there!

Supporting Walmart with any of your dollars supports gun control.

What we should be reporting is Walmart's noticeable decrease in sales since their announcement. :twocents:

Twr11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2016
    McCordsvilles
    Here no evil, see no evil.. I would like for the attacker to be surprised:)

Not to mentioned that open carry, pending locations, can be iffy. OWB in a gas station line, carrying at the 4:30 position, is just asking for trouble, especially in a unlocked holster. OWB walking through the woods, a whole different story. Just my two cents.

My preferred is AIWB..

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Not to mentioned that open carry, pending locations, can be iffy. OWB in a gas station line, carrying at the 4:30 position, is just asking for trouble, especially in a unlocked holster. OWB walking through the woods, a whole different story. Just my two cents.

My preferred is AIWB..

tenor.gif

This post made my day!

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia

My preferred is AIWB..

I find it very easy to dislodge a gun from any OWB Kydex. Job is harder with one with a lock but still doable.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This thread is worth a read.

Before we take another thread into the same ol' tired OC vs CC argument, we might want to further address that Walmart supports anti-gun organizations with the money we spend there?

If Walmart get's their way, there will be no need for arguing over OC vs CC... :nono:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah...I don't go to WalMart, but I made that decision long before the latest idiocy.

Remember when the "People of WalMart" featured outliers that were, nonetheless, not beyond belief. They're not outliers anymore.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Have been completely successful at moving away fron spending money at Wal Mart.

Top Bottom