• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ethanp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    call your local police station or get a hold of the atf or somebody that has a ffl might no

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    Yeah might be a good idea, huh :)

I have a contact down at the police station so I'll ask her and see what she says.
    Is she a beautiful young officer by any chance? If so she might live next to my dad.
    I'd guess the police would be one of the worst places to ask. BATF or at least State Police might be a better choice. Or a lawyer.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Is she a beautiful young officer by any chance? If so she might live next to my dad.
    I'd guess the police would be one of the worst places to ask. BATF or at least State Police might be a better choice. Or a lawyer.

She work for S'ville PD? If so my brother in law went through the academy with her (he works for another local PD).

It's a small world.

Yeah PD probably wouldn't know the ins and outs. I'd be tempted to go and attempt to purchase a firearm and see what BATF says. But then I wouldn't want someone showing up at the front door at 3am with black helicopters.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hi folks,

I am not yet a USC (2-5 yrs for that) and I'm not a resident yet either, I am however here legally.

Is it possible yet to buy a gun? I'm not talking Indiana law here because I know on a federal level there are restrictions to non-residents/aliens buying (owning?) guns.

I have an alien registration number (sounds very Men In Black) and like I said I'm here legally.

I should have my green card, and hence be a lawful perm., resident within around 6 months or so, but patience was never my virtue.

I'm all about staying on the correct side of the law, so if the law says no, I will just have to be patient (this time :P ).

Dave.

Contact the BATFE and tell them Bam-Bam and his buddy Eric Holder said to sign you up for Operation Fast and Furious. (Be sure to let Wayne LaPierre know how it goes.)

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    "Green-card holders and immigrant aliens who do not yet have their green card are both okay under federal law, although many people (including gun dealers, law enforcement officers, etc.) are not aware of the distinction or the hunting license exception, and erroneously think that either you have a green card, or you can't have guns."

Well I'm an Immigrant Alien. My visa is classed as such and I'm here to stay :)

I guess the shop runs my name/info with The Powers That Be, huh?

Next step is to get my Indiana DL... oh yay, a trip to the BMV! .

I've always wanted a Mosin ;) so I'm thinking that may be a good place to start. The self-defence handgun side can wait.

Edit: The link you posted says "with a hunting licence or permit lawfully issued...", so if I qualify for a LTCH then I should in theory qualify to purchase a firearm. I'll look into the requirements of the LTCH but I know they are similar to the requirements needed for an IN DL - SSN, proof of residency, proof of identity etc. The identity and residency can be proved with my IN DL once I have that.
    GET THAT MOSIN NOW I HAVE 223 POST LOL:rockwoot:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    No, you twit. He's not coming from bloody EUROPE. He came from the UK. No self-respecting Brit would want anyone saying that the British Isles are part of Europe. ;)

Ehhh...

My bad I keep forgetting the Brits don't really care for Facts of the World, but Facts of the Realm... :dunno:

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    No, you twit. He's not coming from bloody EUROPE. He came from the UK. No self-respecting Brit would want anyone saying that the British Isles are part of Europe. ;)

You MUST be an Ex-pat.

I let the Europe thing slide, but you're spot on... "Oh I thought all you guys in Europe used Kilometres and had the Euro"

:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Top Bottom