• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It saddens me that people would seriously consider giving up any of their constitutional protections willingly. Yet, the 1st, 2nd and 4th all seem to be slowly heading that way.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It saddens me that people would seriously consider giving up any of their constitutional protections willingly. Yet, the 1st, 2nd and 4th all seem to be slowly heading that way.

That which is not earned, is treated lightly.
    For the most part, people don't "fight" for their freedom.
    So they don't value it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

You left out the 17th, which IMHO was the proximate cause of much erosion. Or at least removed a significant check/balance.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville

The Founding Fathers predicted that Government would eventually want to over step its bounds and infringe on the citizens so they put barricades up (in the form of the Constitution and Bill of Rights) to circumvent that.

They never figured the people would ​voluntarily ​ give up their rights and demand​ the government infringe.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Has about an equal chance of coming to pass as repealing the 2nd Amendment.

Of course, the way things are now. I'm sick and tired of A+ rated politicians getting those ratings by simply nibbling around the edges of existing gun laws at best, but usually we're lucky to get them to simply hold the line. I'm all for bringing this to the table just to get people talking about it. We're too warm and fuzzy in our acceptance of NICS checks, machine gun (de facto) bans, and carry permits/licenses. Dictate the conversation and demand the terms of compromise for a change is was I read into that and I like it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Of course, the way things are now. I'm sick and tired of A+ rated politicians getting those ratings by simply nibbling around the edges of existing gun laws at best, but usually we're lucky to get them to simply hold the line. I'm all for bringing this to the table just to get people talking about it. We're too warm and fuzzy in our acceptance of NICS checks, machine gun (de facto) bans, and carry permits/licenses. Dictate the conversation and demand the terms of compromise for a change is was I read into that and I like it.
    Wouldn't it be nice if the NRA changed their scale? Most of today's As should really be Cs. If you aren't actually trying to improve things, you are a C. Vote for something positive, you get a B. Consistently submit new legislation to improve things you get an A.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wouldn't it be nice if the NRA changed their scale? Most of today's As should really be Cs. If you aren't actually trying to improve things, you are a C. Vote for something positive, you get a B. Consistently submit new legislation to improve things you get an A.

Yep. Too many A's for what we're getting out of them.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh

These are not men who are being whipped: these are men who take the lash obediently and
    whip themselves.
    --Ayn Rand

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Yep. Too many A's for what we're getting out of them.

We need to contact Guy Relford to set up a meeting with the NRA state rep and discuss this.

We need to get a petition drive of NRA members to nominate Guy to the board of directors next year.

jaybus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Concern that a national standing army might pose a threat to the security of the separate states led to the adoption of that amendment, which provides that “a well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Today that concern is a relic of the 18th century.

Stevens makes the above assumption, that the concern is a relic of the 18th century, and then fails to explain the reasoning behind that assumption. Also, his explanation of the reasoning behind the adoption of the 2nd amendment in the first place, that it was about separate state security, fails to explain why it is the people to whom the right is given, not the states. What change occurred during the past two centuries that lead to a national standing army ceasing to be a threat to the security of the separate states, or to the people? Consider a few possibilities.

Perhaps governments have become too civilized to turn their army against their own? Considering the long list of genocides perpetrated by the standing armies of governments against portions of their populations during that time, it is very difficult to believe that standing armies have ceased to be a threat.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    DXYj9yuV4AEP43u.jpg

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    "No one wants to take your guns"

I hope they make it their platform for the mid-terms, and for elections going forward.

Luka93A

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 28, 2017
    North Vernon
    I wait with bated breath for Trump's current statements about firearm regulation to reveal his intent when he was campaigning....

Why not?

Gun owners have been able to stave off emotion-based arguments ever since the last AWB.

If we fear the discussion, then we truly are part of the problem.

Has Trump given a public statement about his views on gun control? I would assume he is pro gun, I'm just curious if he had made a public statement lately.

Top Bottom