• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    I hope this whole thing doesn’t kill the NRA at, maybe the time we need them the most. Warts and all, they have been effective for the most part. The lefts wildest dream may come true. If they do go down, then a lot of the NRA hating gun owners will suddenly realize that there is no comparable organization to fill the breach. Hope I’m wrong.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I hope this whole thing doesn’t kill the NRA at, maybe the time we need them the most. Warts and all, they have been effective for the most part. The lefts wildest dream may come true. If they do go down, then a lot of the NRA hating gun owners will suddenly realize that there is no comparable organization to fill the breach. Hope I’m wrong.

Very well said. I agree. Horrible timing for this to happen.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Richard Childress, former first vice president of the NRA, has resigned from the board of directors.

Childress is the 6th NRA board member to resign this year.

Last edited:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Richard Childress, former first vice president of the NRA, has resigned from the board of directors.

This was predictable after the shakeup earlier this year. I'd say the board is in trouble, but that is old news. Meanwhile, Bloomberg is deploying assets and soccer moms to advocate for gun control and Wayne is in la-la land while Chris Cox is out.

I hate to bash the NRA, because they do have many amazing hard working people, but it is just a damn tragedy how far they've sunk. I think back to all of the deniers at NRAAM this year who thought the messy stories were fake news.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield

This is really turning into a joke.

The problem as I see it is that LaPierre doesn't see the resignations as a sign that *he* is the problem, but instead thinks that they are cleaning house to get things back to normalcy and profitability (so he can buy his next mansion). The problem is that he needs to look in the mirror and see that it all starts with him. He needs to resign. As soon as possible.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    A successful Class Action basically will put the NRA out of business. All the NRA haters better hope that the SAF, and GOA have big enough britches to carry on. I don’t think they do, but one can hope. WLP should have resigned, but it’s obvious he isn’t going to. Hopefully he and the NRA can fight back this latest round, as it may be their last. Thanks guys, when were done eating our own, what are we to eat?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yahoo had an article mentioning GOA and NAGR as replacements but apparently they feel SFA is a more reasonable choice... makes me think they wouldn't be my choice.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    A successful Class Action basically will put the NRA out of business. All the NRA haters better hope that the SAF, and GOA have big enough britches to carry on. I don’t think they do, but one can hope. WLP should have resigned, but it’s obvious he isn’t going to. Hopefully he and the NRA can fight back this latest round, as it may be their last. Thanks guys, when were done eating our own, what are we to eat?

NRA been eating itself. Should we accept reckless spending and business practices that jeopardize its status as a npo. Let alone its friendly stance towards gun control in recent decades... Not hardly. We let Wayne make the nra his personal bank account, and that is all our faults for not speaking sooner. Wounded Warriors survived after ousting its leadership and is easy more effective to its mission now. WLP and a number of board members are responsible for the nra's fall, not us.. NRA will likely reorganize and carry on, but the WLP stain will reduce its effectiveness.

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    In this months NRA Mag.,Carolyn Meadows President is still backing Wayne.She says all this is spurred on by the anti gun media ,these destructive forces accuse Wayne of an ever changing litany of baseless offenses and claim he is mismaningtheassociation.

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    Just this week I have been thinking about what appears to be very little action lately by the NRA but many contacts from the GOA for me to contact my Senators and Pres Trump concerning Red Flag laws and other issues that are top tier right now. I received cards from the GOA addressed to Pres Trump and my state senators and was urged to fill them out and throw a stamp on them and get them in the mail. I would expect the same from NRA but mostly I see the usual "Join the NRA wine club" or "Win this truck" mail. We can only hope we can get the ship righted before it sinks.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I saw this in the AR yesterday. I'll just ask if it's true the NRA is paying him 200K per year for clothes. Regardless of all the other accusations and rumors if this one is true and accountable he needs to go, now. That's a ridiculous amount of money for a man to spend on clothes.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yahoo had an article mentioning GOA and NAGR as replacements but apparently they feel SFA is a more reasonable choice... makes me think they wouldn't be my choice.
    NAGR, I am starting to think they are working for the antis.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    So this situation is not good.

I know we have INGO members that think this Pepe Lapierre guy is a superstar IMO he strikes me as a cross between a used car salesmen and a TV preacher. He demands the finest in life with the NRA’s money and could very well cost the NRA it’s non profit status.
    He allegedly hired a firm to search for a “safe” mansion for him to move into. He was worried about his safety after the Parkland shooting and wanted a Uber secured home.
    https://www.propublica.org/article/...-chief-wayne-lapierre-search-personal-mansion

This was caught by accounting people after a $70,000 check was cut, strange that the vague “firm” that was hired is owned by the son of the CFO.

Lobbyist and the like minded people that surround them are no different than salesman and most are “snake oil “ types that don’t care what they are selling. Today the sell the NRA tomorrow sell planned Parenthood or whatever they are not heroes of a cause, it’s about the money.
    This not only is how the NRA operation does it most large nonprofits are the same, people who care pay the dues and the “elite” decide how to spend the money and are always well compensated.

Greed and Power will be the downfall of the NRA !

Here is the house that Pepe “needed” for his safety!
    https://www.realtor.com/news/trends/luxe-texas-mansion-nra-nearly-bought-wayne-lapierre/

BTW

The NRA pays for “the kings” wife’s hair $10,000 +
    https://theunitedstatesblues.com/nr...-on-hair-and-makeup-for-wayne-lapierres-wife/

$39,000 for a day of shopping in Beverly Hills!
    https://thecrimereport.org/2019/05/13/nras-lapierre-billed-ad-agency-for-clothing-car-and-driver/

The list could go on forever Pepe has been there since 1991, your dues are going to a good cause.

Last edited:

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    When the number of board of directors defections reached 6 I went looking and it turns out the NRA has 76 board members. Good grief, why so many? A dozen seems reasonable. Twenty would be explainable. 76 is ludicrous. The only reason I can come up with is that you can never get that many people to agree on anything - it'd be like herding cats, so Pepe can maintain a hold on his power and continue to milk the membership.

Top Bottom