• ...and so much more!
  • Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I disagree Expat,

President DJT is a populist if Pepe Lapierre is viewed in a negative light DJT will drop him like a hot potato!
    I am sure the President is very familiar with his type in the real estate world ?

I hope the NRA finds a true leader and purges the “elites” and the nepotism that runs rampant in the organization. The corruption is mind boggling, it’s not like a free buffet after a evening meeting it’s over $18,000 for a driver and car so Pepe and his wife can travel Europe.

The average person that begins to feel that the NRA is misusing funds will quickly stop supporting the NRA. The gap of support will IMO put the 2AD in extreme jeopardy.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    How many emails a week do you get from the NRA asking for more money? It is ridiculous, especially when so much of that money ends up in LaPierre's pockets. It is no wonder that they "don't have enough money to fight the antis...", LaPierre took it all!

I am sure I will continue to renew my membership (for now), but will certainly not give them an additional dime until they get their act together.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    News "breaking" that National Rifle Association paid for private jets to fly to and from Nebraska to ferry relatives of LaPierre.... according to travel itineraries and aviation records reviewed by the WSJ

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The NRA board retroactively approved numerous transactions benefiting top NRA officials, their relatives or close friends, board minutes show.

Among the insider deals retroactively approved by NRA board:
    --$1.4 mil to company run by woman with "personal relationship" with NRA CFO
    --$100k to father of NRA exec for photography
    --Hiring NRA official's son as stagehand and musician

Chair of NRA’s audit committee said board "confirmed that the services were rendered at fair market value and worked in the best interests of the Association.” He said the NRA “strives constantly to improve its accounting and governance processes.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-bo...shareToken=st8bb8167b091241d0b9f1df354710a511

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The NRA board retroactively approved numerous transactions benefiting top NRA officials, their relatives or close friends, board minutes show.

Among the insider deals retroactively approved by NRA board:
    --$1.4 mil to company run by woman with "personal relationship" with NRA CFO
    --$100k to father of NRA exec for photography
    --Hiring NRA official's son as stagehand and musician

Chair of NRA’s audit committee said board "confirmed that the services were rendered at fair market value and worked in the best interests of the Association.” He said the NRA “strives constantly to improve its accounting and governance processes.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nra-bo...shareToken=st8bb8167b091241d0b9f1df354710a511

Ugh. American Red Cross comes to mind.

How does any of that :bs: go towards defending us against the never ending onslaught of idiocy.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Gotta start at the top,

Pepe Lapierre is a lobbyist and was a lobbyist for Democrats and next in line to work for Tip O’neil Back in the day. The NRA has been under the spell of Pepe since 1991 what the NRA is today is directly a result of him.

The NRA is a cash cow to Pepe Lapierre he is not a “gun person” or outdoors person he is a rich person from Virginia and his family is Canadian.
    Pepe is a flimflam man, a true elitist in the rarest form he really believes in his own greatness and surrounds himself with his followers and family. This is actually behavior that cult leaders and for profit preachers display, over top spending and luxury items are also a common thread in this type of person.

Five Million dollars a year is Pepe worth that?

How much does Pepe get in kickbacks?

Why does the NRA have a 1st lady?

What’s the cause of the nepotism in the NRA?

If you believe in the NRA read this https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/1...er-attends-day-one-of-the-nra-board-meetings/

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gotta start at the top,

Pepe Lapierre is a lobbyist and was a lobbyist for Democrats and next in line to work for Tip O’neil Back in the day. The NRA has been under the spell of Pepe since 1991 what the NRA is today is directly a result of him.

The NRA is a cash cow to Pepe Lapierre he is not a “gun person” or outdoors person he is a rich person from Virginia and his family is Canadian.
    Pepe is a flimflam man, a true elitist in the rarest form he really believes in his own greatness and surrounds himself with his followers and family. This is actually behavior that cult leaders and for profit preachers display, over top spending and luxury items are also a common thread in this type of person.

If you believe in the NRA read this https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/1...er-attends-day-one-of-the-nra-board-meetings/

And this is exactly why my renewal check languishes on my desk. Signed and in the envelope provided yet I just can not bring myself to mail it off.
    The American Red Cross keeps coming to mind.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Gotta start at the top,

But but but......I'm told right here on INGO that we HAVE to get behind the NRA. We have no other choice! NRA is just as swampy as DC. Controlled opposition. I view the NRA almost like I do UAW. I don't need to pay someone else to speak up for me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    New York charges NRA with violating insurance laws, deceiving members

New York’s Department of Financial Services accused the NRA of having worked with insurance broker Lockton Companies to offer insurance products such as the NRA-branded “Carry Guard” to the group’s members without a license.

It said the NRA misrepresented to its members that the products were being sold at the lowest possible cost, when in fact the group kept “substantial” royalties, sometimes exceeding 20% of premiums paid.

The regulator is seeking civil fines and other remedies, and scheduled an April 6 hearing at its office.

annabelle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2020
    2605 Hudson Street
    I disagree Expat,

President DJT is a populist if Pepe Lapierre is viewed in a negative light DJT will drop him like a hot potato!
    I am sure the President is very familiar with his type in the real estate world ?

I hope the NRA finds a true leader and purges the “elites” and the nepotism that runs rampant in the auto clicker organization. The corruption is mind boggling, it’s not like a free buffet after a evening meeting it’s over $18,000 for a driver and car so Pepe and his wife can travel Europe.

The average person that begins to feel that the NRA is misusing funds will quickly stop supporting the NRA. The gap of support will IMO put the 2AD in extreme jeopardy.

It is ridiculous, especially when so much of that money ends up in LaPierre's pockets. It is no wonder that they "don't have enough money to fight the antis...", LaPierre took it all!

Last edited:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    This week I've been getting 2 emails a day from the NRA. They are "from Wayne" and use his name frequently in the text.
    Considering that every gun forum has had plenty of members posting comments that they won't give money until Wayne goes, I'm surprised that the NRA still thinks Wayne's name carries a positive feeling for fund raising.
    Many corporations have severed ties with chief executives after a public scandal that didn't involve something as serious as questionable use of funds. I am curious why the NRA feels that Wayne is still an asset.

Top Bottom