• j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Only 10? Damn...

10 per count I think. Good he deserves it IMO and then some. Who goes to some 3rd world country to out their own country on any matter? A traitor. Not to many people like what the NSA may be doing. But this idiot isn't talking for the country's benefit. He is talking for his own benefit and I think he is going to be real disappointed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    10 per count I think. Good he deserves it IMO and then some. Who goes to some 3rd world country to out their own country on any matter? A traitor. Not to many people like what the NSA may be doing. But this idiot isn't talking for the country's benefit. He is talking for his own benefit and I think he is going to be real disappointed.

I'm not convinced that he did this for any personal gain. If so I really don't care because he exposed what I and others believe is wrong and illegal no matter what secret courts and their lawyers say. We are at a tipping point in this country and its rolling faster and faster now.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The u.s. media is so far in bed with the govt it's not even funny. How many journalist have we learned have worked for the CIA! I wouldn't have given anything to the u.s. media either.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am not convinced he did for his own benefit either, but I can think of a few people in media I may have reached out too maybe. You have to remember he was assuming any and all conversations he was having with anyone were being monitored. How do you contact someone in news media in the position he is in without a spook picking you up shortly after having had said conversation with them?

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Taiwan is "third world"?

He would have never been able to out the liars of the NSA from inside the US.

http://youtu.be/oYNXVgYhPOc

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    10 per count I think. Good he deserves it IMO and then some. Who goes to some 3rd world country to out their own country on any matter? A traitor.

That's brilliant, people need to just stand there and take whatever their benevolent leaders do to them.
    Einstein, what a wuss, fleeing his country like that...traitor.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    But this idiot isn't talking for the country's benefit. He is talking for his own benefit and I think he is going to be real disappointed.

Because being called a traitor and having our government charge him with espionage for embarassing them really benefits him. I mean, the sponsors are lining up to pay his way for the rest of his life, the endorsement offers are flooding in, he's rolling in cash now ... right?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jmebd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Ok...here's my 2 cents...bear with me....

If it's SO DAMN important that the government listens to everyone nowadays because "we've stopped so many plots in the past" then why THE HELL don't they declassify what they found out they were doing or talking about or purchasing or other details to the public so that WE ALL can watch out for these things? WHY the hell is it such a big ass secret? I can understand that there are certain "methods" that may need to be protected but I'm NOT asking for that to be disclosed....I could care less....JUST TELL US WHAT THE HELL THEY SUPPOSEDLY STOPPED and what those people were doing so that it becomes at least a tiny morsel of transparency and MAYBE, just MAYBE we'd give them more credit and more backing for what they're doing?

Is this too much to ask? I'd really like to know all of those "terror plots" that they have foiled and EXACTLY what was going on....

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ya the politicians keep saying he disclosed secrets that put national security at risk, yet I've not heard a single specific one. They just throw around baseless claims as if they themselves are justification for attacking him. Its not like he's naming agents or selling technologies, as someone else pointed out its absolutely unbelievable that the govt has doubled down rather than address the concerns that are being raised.
    My favorite part was the revolution that the NSA was hacking Chinese companies, the exact thing we've been so up in arms about for the last few years.
    Truth is treason in the empire of lies, right? Exposing unethical and illegal operations of your own gov gets you charged with espionage.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I think he's a traitor too. Let's be honest, our security agencies have LOTS of secrets that the American public would appreciate, and more importantly, understand.

I look at Obama and how he was when he first ran. He said all the right things, and I think he planned on delivering on those promises.... all the promises that he made prior to becoming president. And then he was elected. From that point forward, he might as well been named Barack Bush. So what changed? Well for one, he's in the "know" now. Each day he receives national security reports about the plans and activities of our enemies. How are we to discern how large these threats loom on the horizon? Well get a puzzle piece here and there, but one or two pieces won't tell you what the picture is. And a lackey working for a contractor isn't going to be privy to the "big picture" either... he's given a sliver of info that's used within part of a whole system. He may extrapulate what he likes, but in the end, he may have done nothing more than put our safety at risk.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

:orly:

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    So Snowden claims the government is listening in on all of our private civilian communications, then BO and co. deny that they are doing it, so where exactly is the espionage? By charging him with espionage the government and BO are admitting they are liars. Not a surprise but if all the man did was spread lies about the poor innocent government, BHO and the NSA, it doesn't sound like espionage was committed, just simply rumor passing. If that was prosecutable, many INGO members would be jailed.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So Snowden claims the government is listening in on all of our private civilian communications, then BO and co. deny that they are doing it, so where exactly is the espionage? By charging him with espionage the government and BO are admitting they are liars. Not a surprise but if all the man did was spread lies about the poor innocent government, BHO and the NSA, it doesn't sound like espionage was committed, just simply rumor passing. If that was prosecutable, many INGO members would be jailed.

You're not up to snuff on this, huh?

TomJefferson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2013
    I love irony.

The NSA is accused of spying on US citizens by a whistleblower. To shift the blame they accuse the whistleblower of spying!

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think he's a traitor too. Let's be honest, our security agencies have LOTS of secrets that the American public would appreciate, and more importantly, understand.

I look at Obama and how he was when he first ran. He said all the right things, and I think he planned on delivering on those promises.... all the promises that he made prior to becoming president. And then he was elected. From that point forward, he might as well been named Barack Bush. So what changed? Well for one, he's in the "know" now. Each day he receives national security reports about the plans and activities of our enemies. How are we to discern how large these threats loom on the horizon? Well get a puzzle piece here and there, but one or two pieces won't tell you what the picture is. And a lackey working for a contractor isn't going to be privy to the "big picture" either... he's given a sliver of info that's used within part of a whole system. He may extrapulate what he likes, but in the end, he may have done nothing more than put our safety at risk.

Name a single specific way he put anyone's safety at risk.
    Your logic would justify an ever expanding and unchecked police state. Knowing there are bad guys who want to hurt us doesn't justify changing the fabric of who we are.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    A lot of whistle blowers have been threatened and intimidated to be silent. Many of them were charged with crimes and some were raided by SWAT teams. The Obama administration, and most administrations, try to silence whistle blowers. Obama's crew has more to lose than most because they have been so aggressive. They use intimidation and threaten with prosecution to keep more people from becoming whistle blowers. Most of the government activities revealed by whistle blowers were not as serious as what Snowden has told us about. He feared for his life. He saw the direction the government was going with this and made the decision to protect himself. I don't blame him at all. The government uses our security, the safety of the children, or any excuse to pass legislation or an executive order to strip away a little freedom at a time. Hero or not, I am very glad Snowden did what he did. Obama and his minions would not have stopped or slowed down any time soon. Even now, they are probably looking for a crisis big enough to get out of this mess.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom