• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    The government is knocking off journalists who don't agree with them. This will instill fear into journalists calling out the government aka stifling the first amendment. This is scary stuff guys. Guess I should take my tinfoil hat off.

Keep it on! It's letting you think rationally with good reason.

Degtyaryov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    I hope there's enough of a groundswell of support to not only put an end to the unconstitutional spying the NSA is doing, but to end the political witch hunt that's driven this man from his country for having the guts to stand up for what's right and call our government out on its own BS.

I also hope there's a Ferrari in my garage when I wake up tomorrow.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I hope there's enough of a groundswell of support to not only put an end to the unconstitutional spying the NSA is doing, but to end the political witch hunt that's driven this man from his country for having the guts to stand up for what's right and call our government out on its own BS.

I also hope there's a Ferrari in my garage when I wake up tomorrow.

I'll take a Hennessey Ford GT.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is it worth a listen? I started to but Snowden seems more about himself than anything. Do they get into much interesting detail?

Yeah, very interesting detail.

It'll just **** you off, though, knowing how corrupt the government is, how every President just goes along with it, and no one gives half a **** about the Constitution.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I understand he got permanent residency in Russia, relatively recently.

Wonder if his peeps are working on Trump for a pardon?

(Boy, if you think _Syria_ has the deep staters' heads spinning...)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Whatever level of corruption there is (and I do not view Snowden as a source worthy of trust), he is a criminal and should be treated as such.

Pardon? I hope not.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Whatever level of corruption there is (and I do not view Snowden as a source worthy of trust), he is a criminal and should be treated as such.

Pardon? I hope not.

I think legal innocence is not generally understood to be part of the requirements for receiving a Pardon.

I've studied the lists of people the last few Presidents have let off, and it's not just black men convicted of raping white women in 1964 Mississippi.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Pardon? I hope not.

But the things he uncovered were clearly illegal, and indisputable. There's testimony from government officials lying under oath about what was going on. Trust him or not, the programs existed and were unconstitutional.

Is he "technically" a criminal? Sure. Under a criminal government's definition.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    I recommend watching the whole thing. He is a bit long winded at times but it's worth listening to.

In particular, he says he would come back for trial tomorrow if he was allowed to tell the jury his motivations for what he did.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But the things he uncovered were clearly illegal, and indisputable. There's testimony from government officials lying under oath about what was going on. Trust him or not, the programs existed and were unconstitutional.

Is he "technically" a criminal? Sure. Under a criminal government's definition.

He’s not “technically” a hero either. I put him in the category of meh. Glad those things were exposed. Because people actually cared for a few months. But effectively, we’re kinda back in the same place. And it really sucks that the guy who had all our too secrets lives in ****ing Russia now.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    He’s not “technically” a hero either. I put him in the category of meh. Glad those things were exposed. Because people actually cared for a few months. But effectively, we’re kinda back in the same place. And it really sucks that the guy who had all our too secrets lives in ****ing Russia now.

If I had the US Government after my ass, I'd live wherever would have me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If I had the US Government after my ass, I'd live wherever would have me.

Do you think it might be possible, even slightly probable, that this was always going to be how this would turn out? That it wasn’t just circumstances that made Russia his home? I don’t know either way. But my hatred for a government that spies on its people doesn’t overcome my suspicion of suspicious circumstances. So, not quite a hero, not quite a villain. Basically meh.

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Do you think it might be possible, even slightly probable, that this was always going to be how this would turn out? That it wasn’t just circumstances that made Russia his home? I don’t know either way. But my hatred for a government that spies on its people doesn’t overcome my suspicion of suspicious circumstances. So, not quite a hero, not quite a villain. Basically meh.

What makes you say it's probable?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What makes you say it's probable?
    I’m saying the range could be from likely to slightly probable. Which is a weird way of saying we don’t know the likelihood of whatever we think the truth is. The truth could as easily be that he is indeed a hero, or a villain. I’d rather not commit my veneration to someone given such odds.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Why would Snowden have had to live in the Moscow airport for months then? It wasn't like the Russians wanted him there. He got stuck because of his passport being rescinded by the USA, did he not?

And what type of authoritarian BS is that? Rescinding a passport?!

Snowden is a hero because he had the courage to expose illegal government activity that violates all of our Constitutionally guaranteed rights. Think of the 100s or thousands of others int he same positions that kept their mouths closed and did nothing. They are no better than Nazi sympathizers.

Top Bottom