• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HawkI

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Behind the sights, a
    I can't promise yet, but with the reduction in price all I need to do is check with the Mrs and I'm almost certain I will be there, thanks SOOOOO much for the price reduction, that makes all the difference for someone working essentially for nothing!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I will definitely be attending, even though I am also a lawyer in this area, because like actual shooting, you can never have too much training. And the legal limitations are every bit as (More??) important as your firearms training. Looking forward to meeting you in person, Guy ... and Jediagh !!!

I will also be making a point of bringing this up at the monthly meeting tonight for the North Porter County Conserv. Club. They have asked me to put on a presentation for the membership, but in limiting it to two hours, that is a little crazy... I would much rather have them attend this eight hour program...

Although I have not attended previously, I am really looking forward to learning some of the legal issues (especially the new ones!) with Guy.... Look out buddy... there's a Lawyer in the room with LOTS of questions!!! :)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I will definitely be attending, even though I am also a lawyer in this area, because like actual shooting, you can never have too much training. And the legal limitations are every bit as (More??) important as your firearms training. Looking forward to meeting you in person, Guy ... and Jediagh !!!

I was planning on attending but now that I know you are going I'm not. Too many attys in one room is a receipt for disaster! I'm much safer in a room full of OCers! :laugh:;)

Come on NWI sign up!!! We have space available still!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Never find a better bargain on ESSENTIAL Training!!...

I was planning on attending but now that I know you are going I'm not. Too many attys in one room is a receipt for disaster! I'm much safer in a room full of OCers! :laugh:;)

Come on NWI sign up!!! We have space available still!
    ======================

How about too many attorney's that ARE OC'ing??? :):

======================

AS to the rest of you who may see this thread, there are just a couple of things I would like to say. First of all, if you "carry" This type of training is not only important, it is essential !!! And to drop the price from 225 to 175 and then 75 is absolutely outrageous on Guy's part and will probably barely cover his costs to come up from Indy... But the WHY he is cutting it is important. He is not doing it because of lack of demand, but because there is a high probability due to the pending court cases recently filed, that there is likely to be media present. (YES, be VERY cautious and know who you are talking to!!).

It is vitally important in the protection of our 2A rights to have positive supportive media attention, and I believe it is silly to have the press show up and have 20-30 people in the room. We need to show that there a lot of responsible, law abiding, gun owners who take the carrying of a firearm seriously and take those responsibilities deadly serious.

Even though I myself am an attorney and study the area of self defense law as much as I can, > I < am attending, not just to learn something more or reinforce what I already know, but also to show to others less informed (note that as the anti gun group) that a responsible, armed citizenry is not a detriment, but rather a positive influence on our crime rates and the civility of society.

Even if you can only make it for part of the day, the 75 bucks is money will spent. (aside from the fact that if you ever ARE involved in a SD altercation, this background information regarding your knowledge and training will be invaluable in your defense,... but that is a whole different subject !)

Bottom line, lets FILL that room with gun owners who take this responsibility seriously and demonstrate that we are not a "bunch of gun crazy vigilante's" like the antigun press would like to portray us.

Guy is taking on getting the local ordinances changed to comply with our State statutes. Its worth the $75, just to support that effort in and of itself..

Now, I am off my soapbox... We wont fill the room without YOU supporting it !.... yes YOU!!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you there on the 24th!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    ======================

How about too many attorney's that ARE OC'ing??? :):

======================

AS to the rest of you who may see this thread, there are just a couple of things I would like to say. First of all, if you "carry" This type of training is not only important, it is essential !!! And to drop the price from 225 to 175 and then 75 is absolutely outrageous on Guy's part and will probably barely cover his costs to come up from Indy... But the WHY he is cutting it is important. He is not doing it because of lack of demand, but because there is a high probability due to the pending court cases recently filed, that there is likely to be media present. (YES, be VERY cautious and know who you are talking to!!).

It is vitally important in the protection of our 2A rights to have positive supportive media attention, and I believe it is silly to have the press show up and have 20-30 people in the room. We need to show that there a lot of responsible, law abiding, gun owners who take the carrying of a firearm seriously and take those responsibilities deadly serious.

Even though I myself am an attorney and study the area of self defense law as much as I can, > I < am attending, not just to learn something more or reinforce what I already know, but also to show to others less informed (note that as the anti gun group) that a responsible, armed citizenry is not a detriment, but rather a positive influence on our crime rates and the civility of society.

Even if you can only make it for part of the day, the 75 bucks is money will spent. (aside from the fact that if you ever ARE involved in a SD altercation, this background information regarding your knowledge and training will be invaluable in your defense,... but that is a whole different subject !)

Bottom line, lets FILL that room with gun owners who take this responsibility seriously and demonstrate that we are not a "bunch of gun crazy vigilante's" like the antigun press would like to portray us.

Guy is taking on getting the local ordinances changed to comply with our State statutes. Its worth the $75, just to support that effort in and of itself..

Now, I am off my soapbox... We wont fill the room without YOU supporting it !.... yes YOU!!!

Looking forward to seeing all of you there on the 24th!
    Thank you, Mack. This post is dead-on accurate and it means a lot to me that you took the time and effort to compose it!!!

I really look forward to seeing everyone on the 24th!

Guy

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I only wrote it... Because I fully believe it... This needs to be triggered or referenced as a new thread so people see it in the new posts... Seems to have become buried...

Looking forward to the class. Thanks for your efforts in the legal issues with the Hammond ordinances...

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Ok, I'm having a "blonde day" -
    $75 each person. At Cabella's on Sat 9/24 from 9 to 4.

First - Do I have the info correct?
    Second - Do we need to preregister and/or prepay? Or is this just show up with check book?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ok, I'm having a "blonde day" -
    $75 each person. At Cabella's on Sat 9/24 from 9 to 4.

First - Do I have the info correct?
    Second - Do we need to preregister and/or prepay? Or is this just show up with check book?

Blonde day... hum....
    If you click on my SIG for current events you can find the link on how to register & pay for the class via the online method.

But since you said you are having a blonde day here is the direct link:
    NWI Indiana Gun Law Course

& yes you need to register & pay **BEFORE** the date of the class.
    C U there! :)

Top Bottom