NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    That may be a blessing in disguise. There has been a HUGE influx of new shooters to the DNR ranges in the area.

I stopped by JP last Thursday and felt like I should have brought a full load-out to participate in the invasion.
    Nearly every station was occupied, and firearms were being waved about everywhere while the parking attendants were gossiping.

Winamac ain't JP, but the usage everywhere has gone up and the safety has gone way down. And if you're a experienced visitor at these places, I think that should scare the **** out of you.

I left immediately for Kingsbury, if that clarifies the level of insanity I witnessed.

I don't know anybody that thinks "safer" and "Kingsbury" at the same time, ever. Makes me glad I fit in that super banjo weird critter redneck classification that can shoot "out back" and avoid that insanity.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    That may be a blessing in disguise. There has been a HUGE influx of new shooters to the DNR ranges in the area.

I stopped by JP last Thursday and felt like I should have brought a full load-out to participate in the invasion.
    Nearly every station was occupied, and firearms were being waved about everywhere while the parking attendants were gossiping.

Winamac ain't JP, but the usage everywhere has gone up and the safety has gone way down. And if you're a experienced visitor at these places, I think that should scare the **** out of you.

I left immediately for Kingsbury, if that clarifies the level of insanity I witnessed.

Ugh... I was thinking about heading there Sunday for Fathers Day. I find early in the morning is better. I was pretty close to Kingsbury today at my kids softball practice and almost left to go check it out. It's been years since I have been there.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Call me lazy....

I have some scrap steel that would love to just give to someone if they will come over and take it away.

The biggest pieces are a plow blade that is 18" x 72" and thick and the associated home-built frames and brackets that came with my tractor. I don't want it. Also, I have 2 front bumpers from my Silverado (193,000 miles, 1 engine, 1 transmission...3 bumpers). There is the steel framework for a divider in my horse trailer (wood removed) as well as some miscellaneous stuff like old T posts, a cast iron patio umbrella stand, frames for outdoor benches, etc. A few hundred pounds in all.

Does anyone know of someone who would like to come and take the stuff? (I am just south of Valpo) I would be glad to help them load it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Call me lazy....

I have some scrap steel that would love to just give to someone if they will come over and take it away.

The biggest pieces are a plow blade that is 18" x 72" and thick and the associated home-built frames and brackets that came with my tractor. I don't want it. Also, I have 2 front bumpers from my Silverado (193,000 miles, 1 engine, 1 transmission...3 bumpers). There is the steel framework for a divider in my horse trailer (wood removed) as well as some miscellaneous stuff like old T posts, a cast iron patio umbrella stand, frames for outdoor benches, etc. A few hundred pounds in all.

Does anyone know of someone who would like to come and take the stuff? (I am just south of Valpo) I would be glad to help them load it.

Don't know if you're on Facebook, but there are always people on the 219 sale groups looking for scrap.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Winning my assessment appeal. Agreed on the purchase price.
    Signed the paperwork today, they vote on it Monday.

Apparently a 16% increase in less than 1 year of ownership was excessive.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Winning my assessment appeal. Agreed on the purchase price.
    Signed the paperwork today, they vote on it Monday.

Apparently a 16% increase in less than 1 year of ownership was excessive.

Glad to see someone's winning. Down here in Cedar Swamp/Hanover Township, we just voted ourselves a big school tax increase. Continue the 29 cents/100 we were already paying, indefinitely, and add another 85 cents/100 for more schools. If this keeps up, I may have to move to IL for lower taxes. I didn't think we needed to spend another 80 million for schools, but what do I know? Besides, it's for the childrens!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom