• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What date should the 1st 2011 MEET & SHOOT be on?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK, just got my new work schedule, looks like I'll be off on Saturday...if I can still make it.

Besides guns, what should I bring? Food? Drink?

Erick

The food count as of right now is:

16 hot dogs & buns
    16 burgers & buns
    8 brats & buns
    case of coke
    case of pepsi
    5 gallon grape kool-aid

I think another pack of dogs (8) & buns would be OK.
    Or bring a side (chips is cool).

I don't see any ketchup/mustard/relish on the list or post yet so that would be another good one as well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No worries Andy219, I ended up buying 158 gr 38 Special (NO +P) at cabela's today so she can try out your gun. It was on sale for $15.99 for 50 rounds. The sticker said $17.99 but it rang up $2 less. Nice.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    No worries Andy219, I ended up buying 158 gr 38 Special (NO +P) at cabela's today so she can try out your gun. It was on sale for $15.99 for 50 rounds. The sticker said $17.99 but it rang up $2 less. Nice.
    You spend more time there than I do. You bucking for spokesman or something?
    There's gotta be a 12 step program or something for you.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Okay, y'all talked me into it ...sounds like fun! :D

I've got two Glocks ...a 27 & a 30 both with limited ammo (40 & 45ACP). I also have an Arsenal AK, with a new Primary Arms micro red dot that I'd like to get sighted in (will have limited ammo for it too - 7.62x39). Plan on bringing a Nikon D80 to do some shooting with it as well (though it doesn't need any ammo! ;)).

I'll likely throw in some chips to the food mix ...and some funds for plywood and/or posts.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Okay, y'all talked me into it ...sounds like fun! :D

I've got two Glocks ...a 27 & a 30 both with limited ammo (40 & 45ACP). I also have an Arsenal AK, with a new Primary Arms micro red dot that I'd like to get sighted in (will have limited ammo for it too - 7.62x39). Plan on bringing a Nikon D80 to do some shooting with it as well (though it doesn't need any ammo! ;)).

I'll likely throw in some chips to the food mix ...and some funds for plywood and/or posts.

Added to the OP.
    I have some sight-in paper targets you can use to help sight in the AK.
    I'll also bring my binoculars and my new tripod spotting scope so that should help you out as well.

I'm goning to try and get a spot on the 25' yard far RIGHT side bench since I'll have a first time shooter with me and this way he can't sweep anyone to his right since that is where the dirt bank is at. :)

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... I'm goning to try and get a spot on the 25' yard far RIGHT side bench since I'll have a first time shooter with me and this way he can't sweep anyone to his right since that is where the dirt bank is at. :)

I would always recommend the LEFT side of the firing line for the newest shooters so they don't get showered by hot brass from the bullet bucket brigade. :ar15:

A shooter could sweep the firing line from either side. The 180 should not be broken (during a shooting sequence ... prep/firing/clearing) no matter what's to your left or right (shooters or a berm) when using a shooting range like DNR Winamac. Safety is more dependent on proper supervision than firing line placement. Besides a properly supervised, brand new shooter should be observed from slightly behind (not quite abreast of the shooter) on the firing hand side. :)

Last edited:

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    We got 21 confirmed now (just updated it). I bumped up my meat count since my kid sister and her friends are coming so since I got the bulk of the people only fair for me to bring more meat. I say bring another pack of dogs/buns just to be ok if you can. Otherwise don't worry about it. You doing the grilling is a HUGE win in my book.

I'll also bring a long picnic table and a folding card table so we should be OK putting the food somewhere (as oppose to the ground).

Plastic cups and some chips would work as well.

OK, update...

I have mustard, ketchup, relish, 8 hot dogs, 8 buns, and my coworker with the Taurus Judge is not coming so I'll bring my Charter Arms Off Duty .38spl revolver.

I volunteer to be "grill man", that will allow me to save more of my ammo for my guests.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Im just checking in from the British Airways lounge at the airport. Try to have a good time without me. I know my BBQ grill will be there as my proxy but I presume at least someone will miss me. Maybe? Or maybe someone will just talk bad about me for missing the first shoot of the year.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK, update...

I have mustard, ketchup, relish, 8 hot dogs, 8 buns, and my coworker with the Taurus Judge is not coming so I'll bring my Charter Arms Off Duty .38spl revolver.

I volunteer to be "grill man", that will allow me to save more of my ammo for my guests.

Thank you! I've updated the list. FYI misspelled your name. :rolleyes: :faint: (Will fix in a few) Sparky241 is taking the grill so you two can share duties. :D

Im just checking in from the British Airways lounge at the airport. Try to have a good time without me. I know my BBQ grill will be there as my proxy but I presume at least someone will miss me. Maybe? Or maybe someone will just talk bad about me for missing the first shoot of the year.

Don't worry melensdad, we will leave some hotdogs by the bush so you can eat them when you return. GhostofWinter's slimy, moldy hotdogs from last year should still be there. ;)

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    when i start cookin everyone will mis you:D

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    OK, update...

not needed man i got it

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores

I think it will be a combination of missing you, talking sh!#, and the standard polity of leaving your share of the hotdogs behind the bush.;)

Enjoy your vacation, and don't the euro's mess with you for being a gun toting yankee.:draw:

not needed man i got it

Well, I cook food for people all day for a living... so if you ever need to hit the range while somethings cooking or your just getting bored with grilling than feel free to tag me in.:)

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Looks like I can't make it tomorrow. Went to the dr today and he wants me to have a bunch of tests done tomorrow. A crap load of blood work, urine, chest X-ray and pick up a holter monitor. He says I have a cardiac arithymia and a type of tachardia. So I'll be at the docs all day Saturday. If I get out early enough I'll still try to swing down, but I think it's going to be an all day thing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You take care Andy219 & perhaps we see you at the next one.
    Update the list to [STRIKE]strike you out[/STRIKE].

Range Donation Update
    I picked up 10 8' timbers today at Menards. They were on sale $1.95 (Reg. $3.95). That will be our donation for this month since the range has a lot of plywood right now. They might have to cut them to 6' because I think these may be a tad bit too long. The only other size was 4' which was too short.

Total cost: 10 @ 1.95 = 19.50 x 7% tax = 20.87
    So we got about $49 and change left in the post for next month.

Additional request
    With Andy out of the picture could someone please bring some pop otherwise it's grape kool-aid for all. :D

Also does anyone have a revolver in 38 special?

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Just saw this thread so I know I am much late to the party but...

I ::think:: ill be there in the morning, and if I come ill bring a suppressed uzi in .45acp.

No promises as im still not sure what the finial plans for the day are yet, but its been a long winter and im itching to get my shoot on :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom