• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Nobody told me you had a Grendel that needed to be shot out there today... Darn, Oh well it would only make me spend more money quicker to get all the parts to put another AR together... Kind of like the ballistics of that cartridge, haven't shot one yet though... Maybe next month. The day was very nice, finally no rain on shoot day... Enjoyed the meet, looking forward to the next... Ghost, take care of that hand.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks all that came out. I'll upload pics tomorrow so I can send them to the white house and report all you gun nuts. LOL!!!

Special thanks to everyone that brought food. It was all yummy. I LOVED THE LEMONADE!!! GhostofWinter you were missed.

I have posted the MEET & EAT here:
    Please vote on the time you want to meet.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ngo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-_sat_28_aug_10_a.html

I have posted the next MEET & SHOOT here:
    Please vote on the day you want it to be.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...590-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sep_2010_a.html

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I really WANTED to make the shoot, but with the pain meds and the long drive I just didn't feel up to it. On the upside I am already starting to regain feeling in a couple of the fingers that have been numb for several months. As for the Hot Dogs Bob...I will just stop by the shop next week and grab acouple! LOL Glad everyone had a great time.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    As for the Hot Dogs Bob...I will just stop by the shop next week and grab acouple!

I better go dig those left over hot dogs out of the woods, if the raccoons didn't get them :):

Glad you are feeling a bit better.

It looks like Wednesday early afternoon may have become a regular gun meeting time at the Pine Island lounge if you want to swing by.

You missed Juan shooting to the left with his new Glock 34. Someone needs to diagnose his shooting style/trigger control to get him back to center of mass. He did much better with my CZ pistols than he did with the Glock, closer to center, but still pushing to the left of center. And Bob Anderson was like a kid in a candy store playing with all the guns, he brought out a box and a half of cigars so I didn't have to give away any more of your Victor Sinclairs :@ya:

Oh, and I brought out a pink pistol but nobody was man enough to shoot it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Oh, and I brought out a pink pistol but nobody was man enough to shoot it.

AH HA! I got him now! u c @ the range he said "it's my daughters" to try and cover up the fact that it is really HIS pink gun! But alas he did an I7BO and had a slip of the tongue and we now have proof that it is HIS pink gun! :laugh:

I7BO's slip up.
    YouTube - ‪Obama: "My Muslim Faith"‬‎

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    i said i thought blue was his color but he kept insisting it was yellow but he had a pink pistol:D

thanks to everyone who helped make yesterday a great day even the cigar rep.

ps Melensdad i stopped by the merriville store and bought some more of those romeo y julieta and a cutter

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    What a great day. Just got on with you guys and you guys are great I had a great time..So nice to meet all of you and thanks for letting me shoot guns I have never shot before. I am the the cigar guy or rep and go by cigar Bob on your site.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Hello and welcome Cigar Bob, guns are like a mistress, take all your time and money and can never have enough. Always looking for a better pistol, shotgun, or rifle.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I really WANTED to make the shoot, but with the pain meds and the long drive I just didn't feel up to it. On the upside I am already starting to regain feeling in a couple of the fingers that have been numb for several months. As for the Hot Dogs Bob...I will just stop by the shop next week and grab acouple! LOL Glad everyone had a great time.

You were definitely missed, Ghost. Good to hear you have some feeling back already! Rest up, and we'll into you another time.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    What a great day. Just got on with you guys and you guys are great I had a great time..So nice to meet all of you and thanks for letting me shoot guns I have never shot before. I am the the cigar guy or rep and go by cigar Bob on your site.
    hi ya bob, i stopped by the store i pickup 3 more of those romeo y julieta cigars. hey whats the best way to store these if i don't have a humidor? Glad to see you joined us.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Sounds like I missed MORE than sharing some laughs and burning some gunpowder. Cigar Bob, What cigars did you bring with? Were they the same ones from the last cigar nite? Looking forward to melansdad carrying them so I can pick up a bundle or two.....along with the Victor Sinclairs of course ;)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    hi ya bob, i stopped by the store i pickup 3 more of those romeo y julieta cigars. hey whats the best way to store these if i don't have a humidor? Glad to see you joined us.

Since the other Bob didn't answer, I'll jump in with a couple cheapo suggestions.

1. A ziplock freezer bag. The freezer bags are heavier and have a better seal than regular sandwich bags. But any of the bags is better than no bag. Put the cigars in the bag, store it in 70 degree temperature room, out of the sunlight. You may want to wet a Kleenex, but not soaking wet, get it wet, squeeze the moisture out so it does not drip at all, slip that in the bag but make sure it is NOT in contact with the cigars or even the cellophane.

2. A wide mouth pop bottle like a 20-oz Pepsi bottle. Seal tight. Similar to the ziplock bag above with slightly moist kleenex.

3. IGLOO cooler or lunchbox. Buy a "humitrol" block, moisten it, insert it into the cooler/lunchbox. Keep the cigars in the cooler/lunchbox but not in contact with the humitrol block.

Under all circumstances check your cigars every day or two to make sure they do not get too dry or too moist. If they get too warm and too moist they will mold so keep them from getting too hot. There are also tobacco parasites that can eat holes in your cigars if they get too warm. Ideally you want them between 65 and 72 degrees and you want them near 70% humidity.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Sry we couldnt make it out sat. we had some sudden family issues come up. No worries eveything is good over here now. i hope it went well. couldnt of had a nicer day for shooting.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Sounds like you guys had a nice time on Saturday. I was thinking of coming but went the ohter direction and spent part of the afternoon over at the DNR range at Huntington/Roush Lake. Took one of my daughters and we had a pretty good time.

Second the motion on zip-lock bags for temporary cigar storage. I've been to cigar stores who do that for you if you buy singles or a small # and I do that myself when I'm travelling and want jsut one or two cigars with me. Works pretty well.

When is the nxt event?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    FYI NWI INGO members
    The next MEET & EAT is on 28 AUG 10
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/103588-nwi_ingo_meet_and_eat_oc_cc_-
    _sat_28_aug_10_a.html

The next MEET & SHOOT is on 18 OR 19 SEP 10 (go vote!)
    See here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/103590-
    nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_-_sep_2010_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    Need help on finding a location see here for more info:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/103765-
    appleseed_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

----------
    Does anyone have any pics to upload from this event? I will try and get the ones I have uploaded tonight. MODs can you please give us 48 hours before you LOCK this one down.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    When is the nxt event?
    In addition to the events mentioned in the above post there is also the Open Carry Cigar Night on Thursday August 19 from 6pm to 9pm.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...en_carry_cigar_night_aug_19_schererville.html

1a6pmCigarNight.jpg

Picture6.png

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Thanks, Melensdad, but that is a bit far for me, especially for a weeknight event. I'm actually in North central to NE Indiana (Warsaw area). The shoot Saturday wasn't really out of range for me as I regularly drive to the Huntington area for a nice range. But I'll probably have to watch for a NC IN group!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here are some pics of the event.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/jediagh/guns/nwi-ingo/nwi-ingo_08-outing_001.jpg
    nwi-ingo_08-outing_001.jpg

jediagh (right side)

nwi-ingo_08-outing_002.jpg

nwi-ingo_08-outing_003.jpg

2 "dogs" :D

nwi-ingo_08-outing_004.jpg

bye-bye...

nwi-ingo_08-outing_005.jpg

this should not hurt too bad. :D

nwi-ingo_08-outing_006.jpg

These folks think it's CLUB MED. ;)

nwi-ingo_08-outing_007.jpg

Someone just can't wait to play with his toys and the grass is just as good as a bench.

nwi-ingo_08-outing_008.jpg

nwi-ingo_08-outing_009.jpg

That was someone's grandpa's goose 2-round shotgun.
    It's gonna hurt when you fire that beast! :D

nwi-ingo_08-outing_010.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom