Not open for further replies.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    We (me and Mrs. Bill B.) will be bringing the following for food:
    paper plates, cups & napkins (ok, not food but helpful for the food)
    2 bags of chips
    12 hamburger patties
    2 packages hamburger buns.
    Maybe I can convince her to let me buy some .38 for that lever-action.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jediagh, yep it is a lever action which would be modeled after the 1894/5 versions of yester year.... I'm going to bring both of the ones I have, but it's the newer stainless steel one that needs to be abused... The blued one I have will be there also and you will know just from handling it that it has a much nicer action than the stainless one does... All that will change soon though if I can get enough bullets through her too make my smith interested in finishing the job on the action... See you guys in the morning or probally early afternoon... always takes for ever to get loaded...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Sadly, I was unable to make it this morning. My allergies kicked into high gear on Thursday evening and by last night I felt like I had a small cannon ball behind my eyeballs ... including a headache. Slept in until 1030 this morning and feel much better now.

I had my stuff ready to show off (some go-bags, first aid kits and other stuff for MSG discussion) and was looking forward to meeting more of the NWI INGO members. Sorry, Bill B, I was going to bring you some .40 and .38 to help celebrate the end to your recent troubles. I'll get you next time.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe time. I want to see some pics!!

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Great time today. The wife is now in love with the Ruger SR-22. That and the damn Alexander Arms Grendel 6.5 sniper rifle with the computer aligned scope. I think of the two, the Ruger will probably come first in purchase order...

Thanks to everyone for the company.

Oh, and to all interested, here is the link to The Walking Dead preview:
    (I recommend just going to the site and watching it full screen.)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg46DWI_fCE[/ame]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Quick AAR since I just got in but need to clean up and tired.

However I wanted to give you all a round up of the money and other stuff I ended up coming back with.

First the money.

We collected $100 in donations.
    CORRECTION $110 in donations.

Corky, LocusOfSteel, BillB, AClark, Old Guy's cousin (non-INGO member), OldGuy, Woodrow, Bibajns (??sp??), and Gunsbunnies.

I AM MISSING SOMEONE ON THIS LIST OR PERHAPS 2 PEOPLE? JUST FOUND ANOTHER $10 IN MY POCKET?

IT WAS ACLARK!!!!

Thank you all for the monetary donation. We gave 6 plywwods to the range this time at a cost of $41.54. So we actually have more than enough for the NOV one as well.

Current balance: $68.46 + $20 (Cliff has).

The range currently has 15 plywoods (with our donation today) and 6 wooden post. Looks like they are really set for the next few months. I asked the DNR RO if he wanted more plywood or post and he said either would be ok but that we really did not have to bring it. Again told him that we destroy the wood enough and that it's the least we can do.

So I'm thinking for next month perhaps 3 plywoods and some post since it appears he is well stocked on plywood. Also in DEC thru FEB there is NO RO at the range. Since it's too cold and not make people show up.

BTW the NOV event will be the last INGO NWI for the year. We will start up again in MAR 2011. I'll spam you all later tonight or tomorrow with the "go and vote days".

In terms of stuff I end up bring back.

A case of coke about 20 cans still left in it. Not sure who brought it but I'll take it next month.

Melensdad forgot a can of propane (new i think) as well. FYI... melensdad said that for NOV he won't be able to make it unless it's on a sunday due to family events. So if we end up with a SAT can someone step up and bring either a propane grill or charcoal one?

BeefJerky (4 pack not open) as well. I think LocusOfSteel brought these so we will have some jerky next time as well.

BTW LocusOfSteel the sourkraut (??sp??) was BEYOND awesome!!! :rockwoot:

OK more later...
    Sry but I did not take pics this time. :cool: If anyone did please post.

Last edited:

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    There were WAY more people than i thought would show.

Melensdad, the vz52 was awesome (however i do recommend that you file or bend a bit of a ramp into the magazine for easy clip loading).

Jediagh, thank you for scheduling a wonderful event, I'm glad the plywood donations were more than sufficient for this shoot and the next (guess it didn't hurt for me to do a little cheerleading on the forums :):).

As far as pictures go, I'm sorry to say i didn't have much of a chance to capture enough... Between shooting, cooking, and some chatting all i got was melensdad's VZ-58, oldguy's Romanian AK with the nice optics, and my M59/66 with the inert grenade.
    I missed plenty of priceless photo ops, such as some nice shotguns, pink AR's, a father and son team shooting Mosin Nagants, perhaps the group posing together with there favorite equipment would have been nice, a couple of the chicks sitting around refusing to participate in using up ammo (don't kill me lol), and jediagh in a prone position looking like he wanted to get raped;).

I'll post the few pics i got tomorrow morning.

Hopefully the "NWI meet (eat) & shoot" events continue for years to come, and perhaps it will grow in followers.

.......I really should have spiked that horchata:D............

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    ...a couple of the chicks sitting around refusing to participate in using up ammo (don't kill me lol).

Dude, my "chick" lit up my Kimbers and Springfields all morning, and we had just come back from the 200 yard range with the 6.5 Grendel. She was sitting because she had literally used up all of the .45 after shooting for a couple hours.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    My chick likes to pick up the brass... and sort it later... I reload it though.... LOL. I wouldn't of had so much loaded 12 gauge going home with me if I had just left my Saiga alone and didn't add the MD Arms V-Plug atleast that is what I believe... replaced it with the original again this evening, but will have to sneak away to the range this week sometime and test it out.... Sorry Jediagh, it would have been a blast to warm up that 20 round drum... next time though... Many thanx to all that participated in running 38/357's through my stainless marlin lever, it is starting to feel better already... Look fwd to the next shoot...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi's AAR

Well like always it was a blast! While we did not break out JUL record with the number of people we had I think I counted about 21 people. The record we did break this time was what we "took over". We have both the 50 yard and 25 yard as ALL INGO! :rockwoot:

We started on the 50 yard this time because when I got there at 10AM (1st one there from our group) their was a large family set up at the 25 yard with close to 7 kids all plinking on .22s and some homemade targets on cross shape wood that was about 10' to 15' from the benches. They were not using the backboards. The mom's had chairs and donuts and were cooking as well.

There was one bench open and I was going to setup shop and do like we did before and pull out the AK and just blast away and make it so long that everyone would leave but in seeing all those kids plinking (ages 7 to 13 I would guess and mostly girls) I decided against it. Looked like new shooters having a father, mother, daughter event.

So instead I set up shop on the 50 yard and as people arrived we continued to take over the 50 yard. Eventually we started to spill over to the 25 yard as the "family left". Once the family left there was only 2 hunters still left at the 25' yard and they eventually moved to the 100 yard so we end up with all tables on the 50 yard and all tables on the 25 yard.

Good job team! :D

The food was AWESOME! We had burgers, jumbo hot dogs, RED HOTS and brauts with sauerkraut (smoked). The burgers were mouth watering! Thanks melensdad and locusofsteel for being the cooks. The brownies were also pretty much gone by the time we left. Thank you to whomever brought the cans of Coke. Some good stuff.

In terms of all the toys hum.. where to begin?

Well my 2nd 10/22 I was able to sight very in no time. Took about 20 shots and the sights were good to go. Might need some very minor adjustments but was getting some good groupings right below center.
    I was using Federal Bulk Pack this time (much better than the Rem Golden Boy) but want to try to mini-cci (name :dunno:) cause I hear that is better.

As for the 1st 10/22 still having some issues getting it sighted right. It's still shooting low and to the right. The rear sight to very close to the far left now and still no good while the front sight is almost all the way up. :xmad:

I'm thinking of taking the sights off and redoing it. Not sure what the issue is with this 10/22. :dunno: 2nd time out and 2nd time I come back all frustrated with it. It's still grouping at the lower right of center. :xmad::xmad:

What I did notice tonight is that the rear sights on both of my 10/22s are very far to the left (ie the little circle that you use to turn) so perhaps the design of the tech sights is off? Not sure but I'm getting much better results with the 2nd 10/22 than the first. :dunno:

In any case spent so much time trying to get the 1st 10/22 sighted that I did not get a chance to play with my WASR. Just put a meager 30 rounds thru it but thanks to AClark's matt I was able to shoot the WASR prone and got some real good results. Better than when I sit cross-legged. :rockwoot:

I got to blast away with gunbunnies .38 special lever-action. That was a fun gun but no way real. Them cowboy movies make it look so much easier to load that gun the gunbunnies. :laugh:

Woodrow tell your wife thank you for letting me try her .22 level action. I liked the scope on it. Much better on the eyes than the tech sights out at 50 yards.

LocusofSteel if you are every up for a drive-by bayonet with that beast of yours with the scope I want it. he,he,he... Having the scope on that SKS made it easy to shoot.

& then there was oldguy who got a AK-47 and is looking to take off the wood frontend! It's blasphemy I tell you. He's trying to Americanize my beloved commy gun. ;)

Got some shotgun time as well with my Moss this time around as well. Sadly gunbunnies's saiga was not working right. Cause someone had to go a change a perfectly good spring on it with another "name brand" spring and thus messing with the cycling of it. :rolleyes: :D

and jediagh in a prone position looking like he wanted to get raped;).

:laugh: Good thing I wasn't holding the PINK AR-15 then!

.......I really should have spiked that horchata:D............
    Next time I'll bring the horchata made with milk so ya can see the difference.

Nite all!

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    Had a great time. Did not see the group much. When I got there the 50 was full and I was shooting hand gun for the most part so I started the take over of the 25. Got the Tech Sights on my 10/22 dialed in a little better. jediagh my rear sight is also far to the left in the frame. I took the 10/22 to the 100 just to see how it would do and put 30 rounds in about a 6" group using a rest. I am happy with that with how much the wind was blowing and me behind the trigger. Got to try shotgun with a Knoxx stock it makes a big difference on recoil. Will definitely be getting one for my next shotgun.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I had a lot of fun today as well. I didn't do a lot of hardcore shooting, but I got to shoot a lot of guns that I normally wouldn't have.

I think the 444 Marlin lever action was a big hit, and I know I had fun shooting a few rounds through it. Next time I'll bust out the 45-70.

The .225 was a lot of fun to shoot, and I think it will hold me over until I can get another .308. I'll probably spend some time with it on the 100 and 200 next time. Perhaps with a new scope.

I appreciate melensdad letting us try out the 6.5. That was a great shooter considering 4 of us stepped up for the first time, and were all on paper. I enjoyed putting a few rounds through the purple AR as well. BTW Joe, you looked really cute with the pink AR slung over your shoulder.

I also learned that you need to keep your head back from the scope while shooting the M59/66. Got knocked in the glasses a couple times.

I enjoyed shooting, eating, and socializing with all of you guys (and gals), and hope to see most of you again in Nov.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Looks like I missed a great time. After loading my car this morning, the pain hit hard. I actually laid on the front lawn for about 25 minutes before I made it in to my recliner. I had to take some major pain meds, and it knocked me out till about an hour ago. Hoping to make the next one.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looks like I missed a great time. After loading my car this morning, the pain hit hard. I actually laid on the front lawn for about 25 minutes before I made it in to my recliner. I had to take some major pain meds, and it knocked me out till about an hour ago. Hoping to make the next one.

Well you and your hand cannon were missed. And even if you have a good medical excuse it won't stop us from talking trash about you and missing INGO events. Its not like a drug induced coma is a good reason to prevent you from driving, in fact prescription medications could make 'operating heavy equipment' more fun.

BTW, when is the Bedazzing party for the Hi-Point :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom