• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Looks like we need to find a buffalo farm with a 1000 yard range and then maybe a pig farm to do the real tests of the 45-70 versus a 458 socom... betting the 458 socom is going to go through more ammo faster... Andy219 sorry to hear about your illness... but Melensdad's right... heck with my arthritis it took an extra 20 minutes to get ready and lots of advil on the way back home.... Hope you can get your illment under control though... could be alittle hard to take our crowd while being in pain.. See you there in November...

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    That was a group from my church. If you had started blasting away with your AK we would have joined you. I had my AK, 3 AR's, 2 M&P 9mm, 3 1911's ( 1 in 9mm) and a 10-22. I do gun instruction for our church members and this day was the last one of the year. ( Was on military duty and deployed all summer ) Looks like you all had fun as we did. The kids had a blast shooting the 22's and some were shooting my M&P's also. One decided to shoot my AK and the AR's. Fun was had by all

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I wish I could have made it but had other plans. Hopefully next time.

Jediagh, I notice my Tech sites rear site is pretty far to the left too, I am not
    sure why that is but one of the instructors at the last Appleseed said it's not unusual.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That was a group from my church. If you had started blasting away with your AK we would have joined you. I had my AK, 3 AR's, 2 M&P 9mm, 3 1911's ( 1 in 9mm) and a 10-22. I do gun instruction for our church members and this day was the last one of the year. ( Was on military duty and deployed all summer ) Looks like you all had fun as we did. The kids had a blast shooting the 22's and some were shooting my M&P's also. One decided to shoot my AK and the AR's. Fun was had by all

Ohh so ow we know who to blame and who NOT to invite next time. ;)
    I also saw that you guys had set up some custom wooden targets about 10' from the benches with paper plates. Did the RO see that and just not say anything? I do like that idea for the handguns. What was it? Just a simple wooden stake with a 2x4 going horizontal and then ya nailed/stapled from paper plates on it?

If that is the case I think I can make 2 more next month and set them up so our handgunners can shot there instead of moving the line forward.

I wish I could have made it but had other plans. Hopefully next time.

Jediagh, I notice my Tech sites rear site is pretty far to the left too, I am not
    sure why that is but one of the instructors at the last Appleseed said it's not unusual.

Hum... so then it's the way the Tech Sights are made perhaps? :dunno:
    Well I think I'm still going to take the front sight off the 1st 10/22 and realign it. It might not do anything physically but perhaps now it's a perception issue on my make that the 1st 10/22 just shoots down a bit. ggrrrr

BTW get your AARs in cause on MON night the tread will be closed.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Not cool...

It would be an inside joke. You are free to take it as you wish, but Greg and I are friends, he knows there was no harm/no foul. :)

Did the RO see that and just not say anything? I do like that idea for the handguns.

I was curious about the same thing. If its cool with the RO then it would certainly be an easy way to allow different stations to shoot different distances. Shooting handgun from 50 yards was fun, but from the standpoint of effective training, pretty silly.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Are all of you running the 100 or 200 techsights? I bought the 200 and the different aperture inserts and mine is centered and shoots fine. I wish I could have came out and sighted it in outside to 25 yards, but shooting at blythes has me close enough

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    It would be an inside joke. You are free to take it as you wish, but Greg and I are friends, he knows there was no harm/no foul. :)

I know... Work was my reason also...

I will not be missing appleseed next weekend because of painting though. I almost missed the last shoot because of painting, and I did miss this shoot. Not going to happen.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Myself and Mrs. Bill B. had a good time. It had been entirely too long since I had been able to shoot.
    I got to shoot my first commie rifle, an SKS that belongs to 'steel. and I don't think it had that much recoil, but then again I learned to shoot on a Johnson.
    Shooting Jedi's Mossberg was interesting, the recoil with the stock was definitely reduced, but to me the comb needed more of drop to be able to use the sights.
    I would have loved to tried out the Saiga, but I understand an aftermarket part turned it into a sigle shot, :noway: aftermarket parts.
    Next time I'll have to bring the muzzleloader.
    Thanks to Melensdad for cooking, he made the cheap ALDI burgers taste pretty good.
    I know some of you were interested in reading the depositions, etc. from my recent tribulations, but shooting takes precedence. Maybe I'll bring the stuff to a meet and eat, or find the time to scan it all and put up a web site.
    Hope to see you all next month; as long as it isn't during deer hunting ;)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Are all of you running the 100 or 200 techsights? I bought the 200 and the different aperture inserts and mine is centered and shoots fine. I wish I could have came out and sighted it in outside to 25 yards, but shooting at blythes has me close enough

I got the 100 techsights on both of the 10/22s. I know that bubba's 2 10/22s also have the 100s on them. Why YOU have to be different than the rest of us I have no clue. :D

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Sorry I missed all the fun. I called the Old Guy and he said he was having a blast. No pun intended. Had to work the attend a wedding in the Ft. Wayne area. Wish I had been there. Next time I will be. But looking forward to the next cigar event

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    I got the 100 techsights on both of the 10/22s. I know that bubba's 2 10/22s also have the 100s on them. Why YOU have to be different than the rest of us I have no clue. :D

Nobody else had it so I figured I would try it. It was an extra ten bucks. The aperture system that I go with it was nice though. But that was another ten bucks too.

Plus I try to disassociate myself from all you of crazy gun people anyway...

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Ohh so ow we know who to blame and who NOT to invite next time. ;)
    I also saw that you guys had set up some custom wooden targets about 10' from the benches with paper plates. Did the RO see that and just not say anything? I do like that idea for the handguns. What was it? Just a simple wooden stake with a 2x4 going horizontal and then ya nailed/stapled from paper plates on it?

If that is the case I think I can make 2 more next month and set them up so our handgunners can shot there instead of moving the line forward.

Hum... so then it's the way the Tech Sights are made perhaps? :dunno:
    Well I think I'm still going to take the front sight off the 1st 10/22 and realign it. It might not do anything physically but perhaps now it's a perception issue on my make that the 1st 10/22 just shoots down a bit. ggrrrr

BTW get your AARs in cause on MON night the tread will be closed.

He saw it and said there was no problem. Just was a few 1x4 with cross bars.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

Just like I give him all SORTS of grief about being 'retired' yet still working every weekday. I have said it before and I will continue to say it. Family comes first no matter what. I had dreams of doing all sorts of things with my life, but that changed when my son was born. It was no longer about what I wanted, but rather what was best for the family. I never wanted to end up working out at the same steel mill that my father worked at and retired from, but the benefits and pay was such that it was easier to support a family.

G

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Sorry Chef, the mods told me too not be showing you guys any of the pics I take... well as long as they had any mention of my website on them.... and they all have that along with my copyright etc... off subject but it works with the pic request LOL...

Ghost, family makes you do all sorts of crazy things... it's all good and very natural... Hope to see you at one of the upcoming events though...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Ghost, family makes you do all sorts of crazy things... it's all good and very natural... Hope to see you at one of the upcoming events though...

Yeah I wanna see Ghost @ the next event cause we now have a huge pile of old, moldy, slimy hotdogs, hamburgers, and brauts that he needs to eat. :laugh: Clif we also started a pile for you as well. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom