jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Kool! Thanks Clif45.

@Melensdad got it. Removed him from the list.

@all
    Can someone teach me how to site a 10/22. I got the TECH SIGHTs installed on 1 of the 10/22s and got the little tool as well but reading the instructions makes no sense to me. I'm sure I could figure it out once on the range but a little help is always welcomed.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    A little rain has never kept me away from a firing range trip... Kinda thinking about it that tornado that came through a couple years ago didn't keep me away from the range either, although the shot pattern sucked and the 308 wasn't quite as accurate either.... had the range all to myself... ah the happy thoughts that brings back...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I haven't seen a set of sites I couldn't adjust, so I could always give you a hand with that... Sorry to be the desenter... No is such a harsh word...

Jediagh, Your sister is coming out to this shoot right ???

Got a shoot date coming up and could use another model on the same date...

Consolidating my expenses, not that any of that has to do with your 1022 sites or anything...

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I got them on my 10/22 and have them close but need to finish dialing it in. I will help if I can. I have both styles of tool for adjustment.

Kool! Thanks Clif45.

@Melensdad got it. Removed him from the list.

@all
    Can someone teach me how to site a 10/22. I got the TECH SIGHTs installed on 1 of the 10/22s and got the little tool as well but reading the instructions makes no sense to me. I'm sure I could figure it out once on the range but a little help is always welcomed.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well then bring your tech sighted 1022 and we can see if we can get you on target...

Shouldn't be hard to do...

I've got the Front Sight Defensive Pistol course dates getting solid up and a NRA basic Pistol course dates setup along with a utah permit course being set aside for my models, so that's the only reason I wanted to know if she was showing up... Got two models that just moved to LA and don't want to have to fly them in from all over the place as the economy has gotten pretty bad....

Hey you seem to have a love for shotty's, if you want to try it out I'll bring my 3 and half inch 12 gauge Nova tactical out for you too try... bring some shells though if you think you'll want to put more than a couple rounds down range... With slugs it sounds like a 50 going off, lots of fun...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Once again, I might be there. It will all depend on the kind of night we have at work and getting an early out.

Is the first page current (In regards to who/what will be there)? I want to make sure I bring the right ammo.

Is anyone picky about the ammo used in their firearms? I know that I am to a certain extent (factory only ... no reloads). I wasn't planning on bringing any firearms since I will be crossing a state line and don't want to risk anything as I drive through [strike]Mordor[/strike] Chicago. I'm also pretty anal about keeping an accurate round count for all my guns. Is anyone else like that? I prefer to know these things before I pick up someone else's guns. Also, will those individuals providing ammo accept some sort of monetary compensation or will there be a tip jar?

Finally, could someone bring the necessary equipment (gauges?) to check some factory .308 that gave me trouble recently. I tried using it in my Savage FP110 bolt-action rifle and it was incredibly hard to open the bolt and extract the spent casing after each shot. I quit using that ammo after just 4 or 5 rounds. I was too scared of a slam fire to try it in any of my semi-autos. If it checks out and someone has a .308 rifle, it will give us 100 more rounds to use.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My guns are fine for reloads, etc. Not anal about my handguns (except selected Detonics pistols), they are for blasting away.

AR's are good to go for blasting away unless its chambered for 6.5 Grendel, then I become anal, but only for those.

Sorry, I don't have a check gauge for 308. Maybe someone else does???

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Will someone please remark about the notice on the covered
    sign-in booth that prohibits ILLINOIS residents from motoring
    in to the Win. range and shooting ! ! It was there about 6 mo. ago, and I could not figger out their plan. Is it still there? WHY!! ...

PM sent.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @ Wild Deuce make sure you bring the family as well and not just send them to "REP" you at an event. =p

I do keep a round count on my guns but any type of ammo is OK with me. I have a very limited amount of .45 left for my 1911 so if anyone wants to shoot it please bring some. The shotgun I will have ammo for as well as the 10/22s.

@BaldEagle
    The signs saying IL residents can NOT shot was still posted as of last month when we had the last meet & shoot. Not sure what the reason for the sign (ie. not sure if there is some law against it, how they check, etc..)

Does anyone know if the main road is still closed like it was last time? Route Hum....

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    @ Wild Deuce make sure you bring the family as well and not just send them to "REP" you at an event. =p

I do keep a round count on my guns but any type of ammo is OK with me. I have a very limited amount of .45 left for my 1911 so if anyone wants to shoot it please bring some. The shotgun I will have ammo for as well as the 10/22s.

@BaldEagle
    The signs saying IL residents can NOT shot was still posted as of last month when we had the last meet & shoot. Not sure what the reason for the sign (ie. not sure if there is some law against it, how they check, etc..)

Does anyone know if the main road is still closed like it was last time? Route Hum....

The reason they say no IL residents is because they can't carry a handgun to or from the range. A Firearms Owners Identification Card is NOT the same. Therefore if they show up with a handgun they are in violation of the law.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The reason they say no IL residents is because they can't carry a handgun to or from the range. A Firearms Owners Identification Card is NOT the same. Therefore if they show up with a handgun they are in violation of the law.

So it's the Indiana Law that is snagging the IL residents for "handguns" only. Long guns they can still bring right?

That really blows! Not only is their own state (IL) giving them the "finger" now even IN is giving them the "finger" as well. :faint:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    So it's the Indiana Law that is snagging the IL residents for "handguns" only. Long guns they can still bring right?

That really blows! Not only is their own state (IL) giving them the "finger" now even IN is giving them the "finger" as well. :faint:

I can't answer on long guns, but I do know that they are cracking down on the handguns and following the law.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Yes, IN law snags IL residents. However, if an IL resident has a UTAH or PA or FLA, etc carry permit then they are legal.

Further, it is my understanding that IL residents can use the rifle and shotgun ranges. I'm a member of a couple other forums where IL residents post that they do cross our state line and use longarms at IN public ranges, specifically Willow Slough, which also is posted with the warning for IL residents.

I have a very limited amount of .45 left for my 1911 so if anyone wants to shoot it please bring some.
    BTW, I will bring plenty of 45acp so if people want to shoot jediagh's pistol until it melts I think they can be accommodated :laugh:

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Yes, IN law snags IL residents. However, if an IL resident has a UTAH or PA or FLA, etc carry permit then they are legal.

Further, IL residents can use the rifle and shotgun ranges.

BTW, I will bring plenty of 45acp so if people want to shoot jediagh's pistol until it melts I think they can be accommodated :laugh:

I want VIDEO of you actually melting his 1911!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom