NWI INGO Meet & Shoot: Sunday, 14 NOV 2010 - Last 1 for 2010!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well it appears we only took 4 pictures before the battery died on the camera. =(
    Only LocusOfSteel and the GunBunnies clan we got pics of this time around.
    Enjoy!

Locus's first time shooting a 1911!
    nwi-ingo_11-outing_001.jpg

nwi-ingo_11-outing_002.jpg

The GB clan!
    nwi-ingo_11-outing_003.jpg

nwi-ingo_11-outing_004.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I'm a newcomer (only two shoots this year) so I don't want to seem like I am stomping on anyone's good time. The concern lies with the condition in which we leave the range after we visit. Yes, it is a shooting range and things are bound to get hit but some caution and restraint should be evident throughout our visit. I would say that repeated occurances of destroyed posts, gouges outside the designated impact area (yes, that is a posted term) and debris fields of shattered PVC will eventually get us banned as a group. I wasn't among the last to leave so I hope everything was put back in good order at the end of the day. I would just hate to see a good thing come to an end.

Garbage wise the range was left cleaned. The RO provided us with some extra garbage bags and we either dumped our garbage in there or the cans. Next time we should ask for a few bags ahead of time especially for our "food garbage" to make it easier on him to pick up the trash in the cans as he just picks and dumps the cans into the black bags.

We did pick up all the PVC parts and bits from the grass area. There was a powder-like PVC left behind on the grass since we could not pick that stuff up. Needless to say the PVC stands are not coming back for a group this size. Maybe some simple wood T shaped with paper-plates might work better in the future. I think for the time being moving the entire line up 1/2 will work just fine. We have done this before with a lot of success on two prior occasions.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Ok, I'll be that guy.

I thought (at the time) 451detonics was kind of a dick. However, he has a few good points.
    First off safety.
    I like an informal shooting session. As far as handling behind the line, if it is a group of guys that I trust, handle away. The group that we had was a bit too large for that.
    At the last shoot at winimac, I noticed a number of rifles in the rack with mag in, round in the chamber, safety off!! 2 were AKs one was an AR. I didn't see that this time. Rifles should be cleared before they go in the rack, everytime, period.
    Second
    I will agree with 451detonics. Centerfire rifles have no place on the 25 meter range with one exception. Zeroing using a 25m zero target. Other than that you are just making noise and taking up space. A rifle is made to do some distance, with a 200 yard range a few steps away and a 50 yard range a few steps closer there is no reason to see a 308 and 30-06 blasting at the pistol line.
    Third
    Shotguns used at the PVC stands. I'm guilty of this too. Actually, to be honest I'm guilty of all three so far.

I hate to say it because I like the informal style, but we do need a little structure given the group size and given the new/less experienced shooters. I'm not saying we need safeties with red hats and an RO saying "Move your selector switch from safe to semi and scan your lane."
    Just a little structure, like a lane for shotguns to destroy ****. And maybe a time to move foreword on the line and run some IDPA style drills.

BTW 451detonics sorry for calling you a dick but after thinking about it I can't think of anything that you were wrong about. rep inbound

Now, thanks everyone for letting me shoot their stuff.
    Especially Byron the x five is one sweet sig. And that M1A has reignited my passion for the match. We'll definitely need to do some distance in the future.

Joe

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    It only took once when several year ago at a shooting event I had my shooting glasses shot off my face.

The guy beside me swung with his 12 g and shot. I am still unsure how none of the shot hit me. I knew I thought I was hit and dropped to the ground.

From that point forward I decided that I would never stay in an area like your describing. There are too many other places I go go and shoot and still be alive to drive hime when I am done.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Last call for AARs of the event. I will be asking the MODs to close this thread in a couple of hours.

If you have comments/concerns about the 2010 season please use this POST:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_shoot_end_of_year_review-6.html#post1452338

If you have not attended but would like to chime in on what you have done in your area that may help us again please use the LINK above.

Please keep comments in this topic to the EVENT in question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom