NWI INGO Meet & Shoot: Sunday, 14 NOV 2010 - Last 1 for 2010!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I may not be able to make this shoot, I'm not sure yet. My cousin, we grew up together, was 8 and a half months pregnant. Last night she gave birth to a beautiful 3.8 pound baby girl, still born. So depending on the funeral and wake schedule, which I wont know until late tomorrow or Saturday. I will let you know as soon as I know.

heres a link to a thread with a bit more info...if anyone is interested. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/118320-bad_night.html

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Andy219 you and your family will be in our prayers tonight. GOD has a reason for everything SHE does but sadly SHE does not always let us know why SHE does what SHE does. =(

@all
    Does anyone have a M1Garand? I would like to fire one someday. Thanks

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Andy, sorry for your loss.

I as well may not be in attendance because of a death in the family too. I dropped off some cardboard to Jedi today though, so you all will have something to shoot at.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... @all
    Does anyone have a M1Garand? I would like to fire one someday. Thanks

I know it's not an M1 Garand but shouldn't the M1A (turnandshoot4) be enough? ... I know, I know, you want to hear the ping from the ejected clip, right?

or ... are you just looking for a bigger boom than those other com-bloc, AR, .22's are offering?

turnandshoot4, what caliber for that M1? is it 30-06? or .308?

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well if you want to shoot a M1 Garand, I could probally dust her off and bring her along... don't have much ammo for her currently though, you know winter is just starting and that means the reloading season for me... If she comes out though I'll have to fight with the M1 carbine, the 1903A3, and the M1A1 Tommy to keep them from jumping in the car with me..... Let me know if you want her there.....

Andy219, Sorry to hear of your family's mis-fortune... Prayers go out to you and yours....

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Forecast is now for a high in the mid forties with overcast skies. Possibilites of sprinkles (moisture from the sky ... not the doughnut/cupcake kind) in the morning. Dress warm and don't forget the hot chocolate, folks. Too bad we can't build a fire.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    Well if you want to shoot a M1 Garand, I could probally dust her off and bring her along... don't have much ammo for her currently though, you know winter is just starting and that means the reloading season for me... If she comes out though I'll have to fight with the M1 carbine, the 1903A3, and the M1A1 Tommy to keep them from jumping in the car with me..... Let me know if you want her there.....

Andy219, Sorry to hear of your family's mis-fortune... Prayers go out to you and yours....

Whats the ammo status on these. Would be intersected in firing them, and will bring ammo if necessary.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well the Garand is 30.06, no magnum rated stuff.... it's an old military Springfield rifle and likes military class pressures in ammo. The M1 carbine is 30 carb, it hasn't cared if it were wolf or not in the past.... and the 03A3 is 30.06 also, being a bolt it will fire whatever variety available... The Tommy is good old 45 acp pistol ammo.... All is of the more expensive calibers overall and one of the reasons I don't break them out much anymore... Let me know what you got or if you want to shoot one or two more than the others and I'll drop em in the back for the ride out there... Alittle snow and sleet on the range, dangit... maybe the grill will get alittle more use than normal, something to warm up by.... but should still be a blast of an event....

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Gunbunnies please bring the Garand. The ammo for it is .30-06 Springfield right? Looks like I have to go ammo shopping. =)

@Wild Duece
    I'm not looking to hamburger my shoulder with the big guns. But have wanted to fire one for a long time know just never comfortable asking to fire one and did not know who owed one. Besides I plan on hamburging my shoulder with the shotguns at this shoot. =)

& yes I would like to hear the "ping" sound that I hear in the WWII movies.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I could bring out my WW2 collection if you guy would like to shoot them.

I have

M1 Garand
    1903a3
    K98
    Enfield MK IV (? I think)
    SVT 40

Again the issue for all of these is ammo. I do believe that the SVT 40 and the Mosin shoot the same ammo.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I know it's not an M1 Garand but shouldn't the M1A (turnandshoot4) be enough? ... I know, I know, you want to hear the ping from the ejected clip, right?

or ... are you just looking for a bigger boom than those other com-bloc, AR, .22's are offering?

turnandshoot4, what caliber for that M1? is it 30-06? or .308?

M1A=308
    M1 Garand=30.06

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I could bring out my WW2 collection if you guy would like to shoot them.

I have

M1 Garand
    1903a3
    K98
    Enfield MK IV (? I think)
    SVT 40

Again the issue for all of these is ammo. I do believe that the SVT 40 and the Mosin shoot the same ammo.

I've got an Enfield MK V (?I think) we can lay them out on the table side by side and see who's is bigger :):

But seriously, mine is a "Jungle Carbine" and is one of the few models originally chambered in 308. This model was apparently used in India? I don't believe mine has any particular history, just an old cheap surplus.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I'll be there, right after working that night. I'll have the 1911s, some ammo, some targets. If aclark isn't coming, I'll hold off on buying the .45-70 for his engine-block-killer.

I'm dead this morning, but i will try to rest up a little before Sunday. I need to try to find some time to buy supplies though. Any laws against ammo purchase on Sundays? Indiana has some of the dumbest Blue laws I've ever seen.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Jedi, 30.06 standard velocity 150 grain ball ammo works best in the beautiful old war horse...

Turnandshoot, bring em, I'm game... love the old rifles just haven't been able to afford feeding them... Don't shoot my 1911A1's much anymore either... ammo's got me down too 9mm, 22lr, 38/357 and 12 G mostly..... I got too much goin now, but probaly could finish off the WWII stuff with the old 1897 winchester.... not military style though... haven't found a bbl replacement yet....

See you guys on the range....

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Ok, ladies and gents. Unless I stay for overtime at work, I will be there. I will be running a little late since I will be getting off shift that morning and driving from the northside of [strike]Mordor[/strike] Chicago.

I will have the Thompson drum magazine and four stick magazines that I am selling. I have an interested party and would like to function check them. I will fill them with ammo though we don't have to shoot all of it through the same gun. I just need to know that they will work (feed reliably) when topped off as well as the last round ... I understand that we (as a group) are a little short on .45 ACP. Once I'm satisfied with the magazine function we can use the remaining ammo for the 1911s (or whatever you guys bring).

I will have a S&W 340 PD (.38 S&W Special), Smith Enterprise M14SA (7.62 NATO), Springfield Armory SOCOM II (7.62 NATO), National Match AR (White Oak Armament upper / Rock River Arms lower) (it is a Wylde Chamber that will take both, BUT I prefer the .223 Rem only ... NO 5.56 NATO and NO steel or lacquered cases).

I will have a short supply of ammo for each of these. If you bring ammo, I will only ask three things ... Please use the specified caliber (above). Please use factory ammo only (no reloads). I get to keep the brass.

I will also bring some .22lr and possibly a Beretta NEOS as well as the cardboard targets and paper plates (for targets or eating).

I will have my canopy, some maintenance items (lube, swabs, pliers, screwdriver set, etc.), spotting scope and binoculars, trauma kit, recoil pad (for Jediagh's encounter with the venerable M1A), towels to dry things and what's left of my Eezox (in case anyone wants to treat their gun before we leave).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom