• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just a SUNDAY MORNING BUMP for this event and a reminder that this will be held in Cedar Lake. Most of the events we've had have occurred in Schererville at the Pine Island Plaza cigar lounge. This lounge is located on US41 on the west side of Cedar Lake, IN (see map below)

1stluisreyNIGHT.jpg

The next OPEN CARRY ~ CIGAR NIGHT will be at the Cedar Lake Pit Stop Smoke Shop/Cigar Lounge.

Hours: 6pm to 9pm.

Event will be THURSDAY evening, SEPTEMBER 23, 2010.

Picture8-1.png

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I am SO looking forward to this bob. Can't wait to try out the Saint Louis Rey again and see if perhaps I just happen to get a bad cigar.....PLUS it will give me a chance to unwind after several days of working for the first time in 6 weeks......

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    HEY THE PINK AR WAS NOT BROKEN, it was the darn plastic magazine that was broken. Can't feed a gun if the magazine won't hold the ammo!!!

Well in THAT case stop chewing on the stupid feed lips and you won't HAVE this problem. ;) Just so you will feel better, we had a couple of feed issues yesterday at the NFA day as well. BUT these seemed to be lubircation issues and not defective mags. :laugh:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I guess I can't use polymer magazines as dog chew toys anymore.

Actually had a bad day at the INGO meet & shoot. Joe was shooting the purple AR15 and the Bushnell Holosight broke. Jediagh really wanted to feel the power of the pink AR15 and had no luck because I only brought 1 magazine. Took my 6.5 Grendel long range rifle and I stunk up the 200 yard range with 1.5 MOA hits using what is claimed to be great target ammo . . . all I know is that I sent a lot of $$$ downrange and couldn't get group sizes to rival the 0.45 MOA groups I got with cheap WOLF ammo!!! Then I went to shoot my new (new to me) Detonics ScoreMaster 1911 and had all sorts of ammo problems . . . this time using cheap reloads that would not reliably cycle the slide. When I first picked it up the sights had me shooting about a foot over the top of the plywood backstop, dialed it in and I was making grapefruit size groups from the 25 yard line.

So all in all it was a pretty frustrating day at the range. Until I got home. My daughter asked about learning how to shoot a shotgun. So that was a good thing!

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I guess I can't use polymer magazines as dog chew toys anymore.

Actually had a bad day at the INGO meet & shoot. Joe was shooting the purple AR15 and the Bushnell Holosight broke. Jediagh really wanted to feel the power of the pink AR15 and had no luck because I only brought 1 magazine. Took my 6.5 Grendel long range rifle and I stunk up the 200 yard range with 1.5 MOA hits using what is claimed to be great target ammo . . . all I know is that I sent a lot of $$$ downrange and couldn't get group sizes to rival the 0.45 MOA groups I got with cheap WOLF ammo!!! Then I went to shoot my new (new to me) Detonics ScoreMaster 1911 and had all sorts of ammo problems . . . this time using cheap reloads that would not reliably cycle the slide. When I first picked it up the sights had me shooting about a foot over the top of the plywood backstop, dialed it in and I was making grapefruit size groups from the 25 yard line.

So all in all it was a pretty frustrating day at the range. Until I got home. My daughter asked about learning how to shoot a shotgun. So that was a good thing!

No matter HOW bad a day is at the range it's better than a day at work! :ar15:

And I bet your daughter wanting to learn to shoot the shotgun brought a smile to your face despite the frustrating day you had. So when you gonna take her out back and show her how?

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    How was the turn out Bob. Sorry I missed all the fun, looking forward to this Thursday for the cigar night. They are sitting in my office calling my name. Pretty big cigar. I do not think we have smoked anything that large thus far on any of our nights.:popcorn:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    How was the turn out Bob. Sorry I missed all the fun, looking forward to this Thursday for the cigar night. They are sitting in my office calling my name. Pretty big cigar. I do not think we have smoked anything that large thus far on any of our nights.:popcorn:
    Bob I agree, we've not had a big cigar at cigar night with the exception of the Siglo.

As for the turnout, it was about 15 people, so modest size. There were some fun guns out there. Touched off a round of 500 S&W Magnum, that was unusual. Not as bad as I thought it would be. That was one of only two guns that I tried that I didn't bring with me. I also shot one of Joe's revolvers, didn't much like that one, only because I didn't like the fixed sights. There were plenty of guns to shoot, I just was spending more time with my guns.

Rain started up in the early afternoon but that really didn't put too much of a damper on the shooting. I took off about 2:30, which is about the same time I've left the last events.

And I bet your daughter wanting to learn to shoot the shotgun brought a smile to your face despite the frustrating day you had. So when you gonna take her out back and show her how?
    No earlier than next Sunday?!? Fencing on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Then Cigar Night on Thursday. Friday is Homecoming at my daughter's school, Saturday night is the dance. So that leaves next Sunday as the first open day for shooting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom