• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    This is the "Today is TUESDAY and the Open Carry Cigar Night is Thursday bump"

1stluisreyNIGHT.jpg

The next OPEN CARRY ~ CIGAR NIGHT will be at the Cedar Lake Pit Stop Smoke Shop/Cigar Lounge.

Hours will be 6pm to 9pm.

Event will be THURSDAY evening, SEPTEMBER 23, 2010.

Picture8-1.png

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I work alot. On a side note I did get some work done at the range today.

Not that it was productive, but I'll have a group to post.

1000 yards eluded me again.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I work alot. On a side note I did get some work done at the range today.

Not that it was productive, but I'll have a group to post.

1000 yards eluded me again.

200 yards gave me grief last weekend, couldn't do any better than 1.5 MOA with premium target ammo. Ticks me off because I got better than 1/2 MOA with WOLF MTP at only 1/3 the price :xmad:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I had a great time. Maduros definitely trumped the Naturals.
    Yup, I smoked a Maduro first, then smoked a Natural. The Maduro was a pleasant smoke, not outstanding, but still good, very smooth, nothing harsh or bitter. The Natural sort of fell apart in my mouth, it had a harshness to it and was nowhere near as good as the Maduro. I finished the evening with another Maduro.

It does illustrate very well how the wrapper really is critical in imparting the flavor to the cigar. Both cigars had identical fillers and binders, only differing by the exterior wrapper.

It was good to see a few new faces and some of the same old cats. The discussion of Chicago guns laws always irks me.
    Yup, its always good to see some new faces in the crowd and we did have some INGO members show up that we had not seen at these events in the past. We broke up shortly before 11pm. Most of the evening was standing room only, with the INGO members making up about 70% of the crowd in the store. There were a couple guys who are regular customers (the guys who brought in the 6 pack of beer) who were having a great time just listening to the gun talk. We may have gotten a couple new members out of last night?

As for the Chicago gun laws, we had a member of the iCARRY.org website, an Illinois & Wisconsin based gun rights forum.

Most haunting was his comment "I waited 20 years to be able to legally buy my first gun."

He was pretty much shocked by some of the sane gun laws we have here in Indiana. And the prices he was telling me were crazy. $22 for a box of 25 rounds of cheap FMJ ammo!!! Even though he lives up near Wrigley Field on Chicago's north side he said he will probably make a trip down to Cabela's in Hammond this weekend to buy some ammo here.

Now that you posted this I have seen ONE of these guns. They are very interesting pieces.

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    Tell me how it went, I'll be getting me CCW permit soon enough.
    I'll bring my meerschaum pipe and some homegrown burley and bafra.
    I have lots of pipe tobacco samples, love to smoke a pipe also, next time let me know and I will bring some with me to the next event, I am sure I have something that you will like.:popcorn:

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I agree with you Bob. The Maduros were the big hit. Always love to get with the guys good talk and great information. They really are a great group of guys, I love to listen to them talk about guns, ammo, and holsters. So many different walks of life but all have that one thing in common:popcorn:

Cigar Bob

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Mishawaka, Indiana
    I now realize when they say that 80% of the cigar is the wrapper and 20% fillers and binders. They are right, the Montecruz is the same fillers and binders just a different wrapper cameroon and I love that cigar.:popcorn:

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I now realize when they say that 80% of the cigar is the wrapper and 20% fillers and binders. They are right, the Montecruz is the same fillers and binders just a different wrapper cameroon and I love that cigar.:popcorn:

I really appreciate learning what I do about cigars from you all. An interesting point about the wrapper, it made all of the difference. As you know, I definitely agree with the Montecruz. They were great at Winimac. I might slightly prefer the Big Butts, but to each his own. The Montecruz really are excellent.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom