• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I live in NWI and I am looking at the possibility of joining a gun club this year. I am located near the Michigan City Rifle Club and North Porter County Indiana Conservation Club. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions to share about these clubs. I am mainly interested in pistol shooting.

Thanks.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Ive shot at both. I'm getting a membership at NPCCC this year.
    MCRC is nice, but NPCCC is closer for me, and I like the plate racks.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I have shot at NPCCC 2 times. Once for a steel match, and once as a guest. Both times were a blast. I am going to look into joining this spring, and I know a couple others are as well.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If I lived close to either I would do MCCG. I've been to both as a guest and like the MCCG better. They have indoor plumbing, heated indoor range (pistol only 25'), and a club house for parties as well. Steel range with 25, 50, 100 and 200 (or was it 250') as well.

NPCCC is nice as well since they seem to have many more activies and you have multiple "bays" to shoot from whatever distance you want.

My advise is get with a member of both to let you go and "see" the ranges for you to get a better idea of what you like.

-Jedi

GhostOfWinter can get you into NPCCC

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    @ Jediagh ... Of course you would recommend an indoor heated range. Shooting outdoors in the cold will turn your pink guns blue. NPCCC is probably too close anyway. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @ Jediagh ... Of course you would recommend an indoor heated range. Shooting outdoors in the cold will turn your pink guns blue. NPCCC is probably too close anyway. :D

don't be hating!

BTW
    NPCCC is about 30 miles; 41 mins from me
    MCGC is about 40 miles; 48 mins from me

i don't mind the cold but i do like real plumbing vs the "nature" plumbing we have at WINAMAC and NPCCC. Makes for a more "family/friends/1st time gun tries" better experience.

As it is now many of the people (first timers) enjoy the shooting but not that fact that it's so FFFFFFAAAAAARRRR and in the middle of no-where. :rolleyes: city folks :rolleyes:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I am an NPCCC member. It is a great bunch of people. I like the ability to shoot when I want so it works well for me.

Yep ... I don't know the other club but I do know NPCCC. The people there are a really great bunch. I love shooting with them. If I was more diligent about tracking my hours, I would have become a member two years ago.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    +1 for NPCC :rockwoot:

I've shot IDPA at NPCC since around June and there is really a great bunch of folks there. Lots of fun. I'm gonna join, as soon as my work schedule changes so I can get my volly hours done...

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    If I lived close to either I would do MCCG. I've been to both as a guest and like the MCCG better. They have indoor plumbing, heated indoor range (pistol only 25'), and a club house for parties as well. Steel range with 25, 50, 100 and 200 (or was it 250') as well.

NPCCC is nice as well since they seem to have many more activies and you have multiple "bays" to shoot from whatever distance you want.

My advise is get with a member of both to let you go and "see" the ranges for you to get a better idea of what you like.

-Jedi

GhostOfWinter can get you into NPCCC

GEE throw me under the bus why don't you?? LOL

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I'll probably join NPCC this year. I looked into it last fall but I found out about the work requirement and with my broken foot I wasn't much use... Things are starting to work again so this might be doable this year... Theres a Izaak Walton in Shelby also which has a firing range on the Kankakee river. It might be worth looking into...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Lol, right, who just posts that and walks away, give a reason why

Sry LPPO wrong person & wrong place.

I know another INGO member who will NOT join NPCCC because of some "bad blood" between his family and that club. I was confusing Gabriel with that member and MCGC & NPCCC.

Why Gabriel will NOT join MCGC I have no idea.

-Jedi

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    You couldn't pay me to join the MC gun club and I live close enough to walk there.

+1000000

And why is that?

The people in charge are *******s.... Why do you need an AR-15?? Can't hunt with it???

If you wanna be a cowboy shooter or trap guy go for it otherwise Kemphf and his lackies will just look down on you....

I hope I can afford to join NPCCC this year.... Need to find out if some quailty carpentry could be traded for some dues money...

Top Bottom