• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I too, am very interested in joining NPCCC. The website says 10 hours of volunteer work. What kind of volunteer work is required? Thanks for all the great information.

Will they have a booth at the 1500?

volunteer work = helping set up for their events (ie. steel plate, 3-pistol, etc..) & helping clean up after the event. They also do clean the street event where NPCCC goes and cleans a highway of trash.

Don't think they will have a booth at the 1500 since that is in Indy.

-Jedi

salemons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NorthWest Indiana
    Got to stand up for Michigan City. I've been a member there for a few years now. Real nice ranges, heated indoor and open 100 + 200 yard outdoor. Nice clubhouses with indoor plumbing. Now for the issue of Kempf. He is not the club. He has been in it for like 100 years and been very active so of course he had a lot of influence. You don't need to interact with him at the club if you don't want to but you will probably hear him sometimes at the meetings. Cowboy shooting has been in the club about as long and was the prime money maker for the club. I don't shoot cowboy but I don't have a problem with them and they don't have a problem with my type of shooting (tactical). The club is changing every year. There have been a lot of new members come into the club. We had IDPA once a month for a couple years. We did 3 gun and tac rifle at some of the matches. That isn't going anymore because the open outdoor bay setup didn't work well for the multiple stages and caused backups that slowed things down too much. We still have a limited IDPA style shoot indoors every Wednesday evening with no more than 50 rounds per night. I go to NPCCC and New Buffalo for the outdoor IDPA shoots. There are a lot of black rifle and pistol fans in the club. The membership process is being improved and a lot faster than it was. There is actually a person in change of making sure applicants get everything done and in as short of a time as they can handle. This had been a problem we had. If you have questions give me a PM.
    NPCCC and New Buffalo are both fine clubs but neither has the indoor range. Don't forget [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Berrien County Sportsman’s Club up near St Joe Michigan. [/FONT]Each club has its own features so you need to weigh the options.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I too, am very interested in joining NPCCC. The website says 10 hours of volunteer work. What kind of volunteer work is required? Thanks for all the great information.

Will they have a booth at the 1500?

The website actually says 20 hours of volunteer work. This includes setting up and tearing down match setups, Highway cleanup. work days for club maintenance, and other functions.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    [FONT=&quot]This Tuesday, tomorrow evening, January 10th, at 7pm, NPCCC will present our monthly members meeting.

This meeting will be held at the Hobart PD training facility located within WestField (SouthLake) Mall just East of Interstate 65 on Route 30. Enter at the Mall entrance just east of JC Penny, at the South side or rear of the mall. The training facility is just inside that entrance on your left. We will be offering the updated NPCCC safety power point presentation and test that is required for your 2012 membership renewal. As always, our monthly meetings provide an opportunity for our members to participate in discussing club business as well as take part of the decision making of the direction of club activities. Members can also get the latest shooting sports information as well as keep abreast of current political activities affecting our shooting sports.

Recent announcement for Tuesday meeting... Might be a little more convenient for those of you in Lake County... Feel Free to come to the meeting and get some details on membership...

[/FONT]

Top Bottom