• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Lebanon
    I have worn Oakley since 1988 and will never buy any other sunglasses. I currently have 2 pair of M-frames, Straight Jackets, Half Jackets, and the latest pair are Split Jackets with Polarized lens. The polarized is excellent for outdoors. I highly suggest you check out 6pm.com for great closeout deals.

Aaronbc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    i had the flak jackets and loved them but ended up losing them :( horrible day when i noticed they were gone I'm still sad :(

us marine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I have had 2 pair, used them overseas, right now I have flak jackets, I really like them. My one yr old takes them off my face, and plays with them so far so good.

sumphead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Coal Creek, IN
    Got my first pair last Christmas. I have always worn big aviators, not because they are cool, but because of my family history. I got the Infinite hero series..... I LOVE THEM

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    oakley.jpg

+1000 on Us Standard Issue

The pair in this picture are Half Jacket, Carbon Fiber Frame, Polarized, Anti fog and scratch, and perscrpition with a stigmatisem. $225.

Standard Flack Jacket in black you were looking at, $70 standard, $85 Polarized, the Tight Ropes $60 standard, $90 Polarzed.

I have a standing account still because I just ordered another set of Half Jackets with my new perscription, I could have gotten replacement lenses, but I was starting to catch some crap from the military for the frame. I got standard black as the new ones.

I also have a set of M Frames that replaced the bazzillion pair or Wiley X's that I broke in Afghanistan that were issued.

Send me a PM if you would like me to hook you up.

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    oakley.jpg

+1000 on Us Standard Issue

The pair in this picture are Half Jacket, Carbon Fiber Frame, Polarized, Anti fog and scratch, and perscrpition with a stigmatisem. $225.

Standard Flack Jacket in black you were looking at, $70 standard, $85 Polarized, the Tight Ropes $60 standard, $90 Polarzed.

I have a standing account still because I just ordered another set of Half Jackets with my new perscription, I could have gotten replacement lenses, but I was starting to catch some crap from the military for the frame. I got standard black as the new ones.

I also have a set of M Frames that replaced the bazzillion pair or Wiley X's that I broke in Afghanistan that were issued.

Send me a PM if you would like me to hook you up.

I know my unit orginally got the M Frames before we went to Iraq in early 04. Then they started using those Wiley Xs, that broke constantly, so we were happy to keep ours. I still have a set of them. But I have been wearing the XLJ half jackets from the Standard Issue site, and have not gotten any problems with them. Good luck

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    Since I started buying sunglasses the oakley brand has been the only kind i have bought, I lost only 1 pair (damn 6ft wave at the beach in rhode island) but I still have my first pair I got back in 2005

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    OpticsPlanet has prescription Oakleys for around the 315-350 market for those who may be interested. I might be picking up a pair since everything on my body is broken and requires some sort of medical facilitation.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    For the RX wearers, which one are the best for sunglasses only and EVDW?
    Specially for EMS & Police everyday wear.

Honestly if you can get the mil discount Oakley they are by far the best perscription glasses I have ever had. They take a beating, I've tried to be careful with them, but throwing them into a cargo pocket while in uniform or in a coat pocket indoors hasn't hurt them too bad. A few minor scratches but nothing more.

As I stated earlier these perscription lenses are from Oakley, even with the curves I have zero blur or issues.

Top Bottom