• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Best hope is that LE tasked to do that would say "I'm not going to betray my oath."

I think the whole "state of an emergency," combined with the Charlottesville folks saying they'll be attending, and VA's claim that they have credible information about people planning violence, supersedes that Oath, by creating an extenuating circumstance.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think the whole "state of an emergency," combined with the Charlottesville folks saying they'll be attending, and VA's claim that they have credible information about people planning violence, supersedes that Oath, by creating an extenuating circumstance.

As a former cop (you not me) that saddens me.

Having conversed with you over the years it surprises me...

NOT

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Wow. I wouldn’t think anyone’s opinion of a situation would “supersede their oath”. I would think any honorable member of any government entity would put their oath first and foremost in any decision making.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

I call :bs:

If the protest is peaceful leave the protesters alone. If things go south yeah, all bets are off.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were disarmed, or attempted to, under threat of arrest. The undoubted pushback by armed persons, would certainly help the anti-gun narrative. Best hope is that LE tasked to do that would say "I'm not paid enough to do that ****."
    Bahahahahaha id love to see this attempted.
    Theres going to be way more patriots than his stormtroopers.
    And my gut tells me that most of those cops aren't willing to do his dirty work and wont. They WONT become stormtroopers.
    Plus theyd be sorely outnumbered. Not that the patriots showing up are looking for any violence, because they aren't but I don't think they will allow themselves to be disarmed. The governor is the one making big mistakes here and escalating this

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

The only person planning violence is the government's hired help.

P.S. Only a traitor would defend VA's current government.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As a former cop (you not me) that saddens me.

Having conversed with you over the years it surprises me...

NOT
    Wow. I wouldn’t think anyone’s opinion of a situation would “supersede their oath”. I would think any honorable member of any government entity would put their oath first and foremost in any decision making.
    I call :bs:

If the protest is peaceful leave the protesters alone. If things go south yeah, all bets are off.

Maybe this is news to you guys, but it isn't news to me. Government can, in times of emergency, places certain restriction on the populace if it its deemed appropriate to prevent harm to the general public. The Governor of VA declared a state of emergency, and has indicated that there is intel that indicates that violence may occur on the planned date. YA'LL might not like it, you might not even believe it, but he has that right.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Someone’s always threatening violence, somewhere, everywhere... outside groups like antifa are stirring the pot and gun owners who come there to peacefully protest are paying for it. What’s the governor KKK blackface going to do, declare martial law?

Like I said before, open the whoop ass on those who earn it and leave everyone else the hell alone.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Where do you get this crap man

Basic understanding of law. It matters not whether I agree of disagree with something. Look at the action, look at history, and see it's legally applied. The governor of VA might be making the whole thing up about the emergency, and simply doesn't want pro-2A people on his lawn. The problem? We don't have anything to back that belief up. In our nation's history civil liberties, have been repeatedly curtailed if there was a determination that there was a risk to the public.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    [video=youtube;_9E_cvEYt2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9E_cvEYt2o[/video]

I think there needs to be a citizen's arrest at this point, a lawless dictator has decided the state constitution and federal constitution are both invalid due to his political whims.

Basic understanding of law. It matters not whether I agree of disagree with something. Look at the action, look at history, and see it's legally applied. The governor of VA might be making the whole thing up about the emergency, and simply doesn't want pro-2A people on his lawn. The problem? We don't have anything to back that belief up. In our nation's history civil liberties, have been repeatedly curtailed if there was a determination that there was a risk to the public.

The only risk to the public is a nutcase threatening the lives of gun owners. In fact, he has purposefully made it so there is only 1 entrance and 1 exit to the protest. This is a formula for getting people killed.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    That mr guns and gear lost all credibility during the fight for “whiskey 556” in New York!

Plenty of wakers gonna show up and act stupid!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Odde5Ny54&feature=youtu.be[/URL]

“You should be pulled out of office by the hair on your head, walking down the streets of the capital, walked up to the steps of a swinging rope that’s placed around your neck, because you, sir, are a tyrant and you’re committing treason,” Shoaff said. “And you would be a good example to set for the other elected officials who are doing the same thing.”

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That mr guns and gear lost all credibility during the fight for “whiskey 556” in New York!

“You should be pulled out of office by the hair on your head, walking down the streets of the capital, walked up to the steps of a swinging rope that’s placed around your neck, because you, sir, are a tyrant and you’re committing treason,” Shoaff said. “And you would be a good example to set for the other elected officials who are doing the same thing.”
    Yeah somehow I doubt that you were a fan before that either.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

The governor has threatened to murder american citizens in pursuit of political aims. He is, by every definition, a terrorist.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Maybe this is news to you guys, but it isn't news to me. Government can, in times of emergency, places certain restriction on the populace if it its deemed appropriate to prevent harm to the general public. The Governor of VA declared a state of emergency, and has indicated that there is intel that indicates that violence may occur on the planned date. YA'LL might not like it, you might not even believe it, but he has that right.

Wtf does that have to do with upholding their oath? Seriously? So if Trump declares a state of emergency it’s ok for him to break his oath? Is that what you’re saying?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The governor has threatened to murder american citizens in pursuit of political aims. He is, by every definition, a terrorist.

Appearantly that’s ok if he declared it a state of emergency beforehand. :rolleyes:

Wonder if hitler used the same rationale for his detainment of the Jews.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    State of Emergency is BS and can be slapped down quick. He would have to call Martial Law which he can't because he has no precedence for it.

Unless of course he makes something up to fit the profile... He will. :xmad:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Elevated Arms
    Top Bottom