• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm saying this outrage would have a little merit if those espousing it weren't so hypocrital about their side doing the same thing. I'm sure a lot of middle of the road politically thinking people are won over by either side when all they see is "Do as I say, not as I do."

I voted for GW twice. I used to make the same excuses for his bs while getting outraged at the dems. Then I realized that wrong is wrong, regardless of my opinion of the perpetrator.

Larry Craig said he'd call me but he never did. I felt so used.

I never mentioned anyone picking me up but don't let your hatred for me get in the way of the facts.

Next you'll realize that this is human nature. We are naturally hypocrites, some to a larger extent than others. So, we're even hypocrites when we site other hypocrites. That doesn't mean we shouldn't point out when others are being inconsistent. But we should also check our own motives for doing so. Sometimes we point out hypocrisy just to divert or confuse the topic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't know but I did write my Congressman (Andre Carson-D) about it.

(Quote) I have a lot to say but I will keep it simple and short.
    I and my family want a full and independent investigation of Sec. Hilary Clinton, A.G. Eric Holder, the Justice Department, President Obama and the White House staff conserning what is called "Operation Fast and Furious" and I am conserned that President Calderon of Mexico is not outraged by what has been going on. His country has suffered the most with thousands of deaths in his country and it makes me suspect that there is a collusion going on between him and the U.S., help prove me wrong. (/Quote)

I've been wondering the same thing. Some people believe the end justifies the means.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Racism? It ain't gonna work no more, no more, it ain't gonna work no more.

It always seems to work with a certain segment of society.

This pisses me off to no end, as it only delegitimatizes those who truly suffer the injustices of racism.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When you have nothing of substance to support your position, claim racisim on your opponents.
    After all racisism is why Holder and Barry sit where they sit, right?:dunno:
    ^This^ Among other things. When they have no legit argument they just crank up the :poop: flinging machine. It's tiresome. :rolleyes:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I have very little experiance with the law and the courts (color me fortunate) but I beleive that if a witness is caught in a lie while under oath on the witness stand (perjury), isn't his whole testimony thrown out because he/she has demonstrated that they cannot be trusted?
    Well, that's how I treat them, whom ever they may be.
    Words mean things and honor is precious.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I have very little experiance with the law and the courts (color me fortunate) but I beleive that if a witness is caught in a lie while under oath on the witness stand (perjury), isn't his whole testimony thrown out because he/she has demonstrated that they cannot be trusted?

You would think so but nobody seems to want to apply that to George Zimmerman.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Not necessarily. The jury may be instructed that they may consider the testimony as they deem appropriate.

A judge instructing a jury to disregard testimony in its entirely, pragmatically is unworkable. Ya can't unring a bell.

Top Bottom