• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This isn't a what if thread. This is a how should I go about it thread. Not an if I do this, but an I'm gonna do this. I just need to get stuff straight before I do so I don't violate any laws or anything. Like I said, my next stop is a lawyer.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've decided, scutter, to face facts that I'm not getting into the army. They don't want me, they won't take me. If I can't fight for my Country abroad, then I'll do what I can here. I don't know why you deleted your post but I'm replying anyway.

My hope with this is that if I do this and nothing major happens then others might do so aswell. I wish someone would join me with this but that's ok I'll do it alone. If no one joins me the second time around then I suppose it was all in vain. But again, if the advice from the lawyer is grim I won't go through with it as I REALLY don't want to lose my LTCH or go to jail. But if I'm in no harm from either, then I'll do it. It's just a shame I don't have a range to walk to and the closest gun store is on the other side of town...

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Ahhh
    Geez
    Not
    This
    Stuff
    Again

This exact topic was covered not too long ago in a thread by, IIRC, Steelman. Same points, same arguements, ad nauseum. It's not that I dislike repitition, it's just another "what if" thread until someone does it and THEN posts about it...

Ok, just couldn't figure it out.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Let me know what you decide, I grew up in Plainfield and lived their execpt for college until a few months ago but I still am not far. I dont every remember seeing guns in the open but maybe I was to young and just didnt notice them. If its legal nationally, state, and locally do it, its your right.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Do you realize that this was posted back in 2008? SavageEagle has since been on a few of these walks. He's even helped organize them.

:laugh: I saw this thread pop up and about peed laughing!

09hemi, if you would like to see pictures of the OC Walks I've been on in Downtown Indy, I'll find the threads on here about them and find the youtube videos. Today, I wouldn't hesitate to walk from my house to PSS with my rifle. I was very nervous about this at first, but after the last three walks, no worries. :)

If you'd like to come with me some time, let me know. ;)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Good luck. But whatever you do, make it look good:

218.jpg

:):

The one on the left has a badonky donk donkey donk butt!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Ahhh
    Geez
    Not
    This
    Stuff
    Again

This exact topic was covered not too long ago in a thread by, IIRC, Steelman. Same points, same arguements, ad nauseum. It's not that I dislike repitition, it's just another "what if" thread until someone does it and THEN posts about it...

I think the mods have a lower tolerance for repeating topics because you guys have to read them all. Not having seen the previous thread, this one was interesting to me.

There's another forum I participate in where pretty much every topic that comes up, a mod jumps in and reminds everyone to use the search function. I don't want to chase down every topic that's ever been discussed, I want to discuss now.

Just a thought.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I think the mods have a lower tolerance for repeating topics because you guys have to read them all.

Keep in mind that the post you're quoting was written over two years ago, when the board was only a few months old. At that time, repeated topics were very obvious to everyone, as we didn't have 11k members. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I can remember when I was young and carrying my shotgun over my shoulder through Hobart on my way to my favorite railroad tracks to go rabbit hunting. My friend has his .22 lever action on him. We were probably around 15 or 16 at the time.

I don't see anything wrong in carrying a long gun in your PU truck. Just don't see the value of carrying one slung around your shoulder though, when a handgun will work much easier, just in the maneuverability

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can remember when I was young and carrying my shotgun over my shoulder through Hobart on my way to my favorite railroad tracks to go rabbit hunting. My friend has his .22 lever action on him. We were probably around 15 or 16 at the time.

I don't see anything wrong in carrying a long gun in your PU truck. Just don't see the value of carrying one slung around your shoulder though, when a handgun will work much easier, just in the maneuverability

Considering we don't live in Israel, Bosnia, or the middle east, there is no defense value. Unless you count deterrence as defense, and I do. However, the value lies more in the education that can be had in such actions.

As many people tried to convince us recently, such actions could very well push anti-gunners agenda. I'm not saying it's not possible, but those fears haven't manifested themselves in 2 years. What HAS happened is that many people who had no idea you could even legally CARRY a gun have been educated that it IS legal to carry a gun, that you don't have to register your guns, and many other things. No one ran away screaming in fear, and no one bothered us like they promised.

The purpose isn't making it normal to see people carrying rifles around. However, someone I was talking with pointed something out to me. Events like the one we held does have sort of a shock effect. They see us carrying rifles and some people think OMG they have rifles! Then, when they see someone carrying a handgun, it's not such a big deal anymore. Not that that's a majority of the people, but for some.

If you read through some of the member experiences on here, you'll find that many police don't even know the carry laws and ordinary people see a gun on someone's hip and they automatically think one of two things: Off-duty/plain clothes officer, or general bad guy. What many of these people don't realize is that bad guys don't generally Open Carry.

All I want is for people to stop fearing their shadows, take responsibility for their own security, police to stop wasting time, money, and man power harassing law abiding citizens, and for the ignorant to become educated.

I know that's asking a lot, but if more people would get involved, it could happen.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I want to do this this year if the snow plow douche bag does what he did last year after I shoveled 8" of nice heavy wet snow off the driveway only for him to drive by and jamb 10 foot of the **** from the road into my driveway at the end JUST as I am walking to the the door frozen, numb and tired. I wonder if I can leave cinder blocks at the end of my driveway, just slightly in the road. :):

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Keep in mind that the post you're quoting was written over two years ago, when the board was only a few months old. At that time, repeated topics were very obvious to everyone, as we didn't have 11k members. :D

Oops! Totally fished in by a zombie thread. Damn! Rule number two: Double tap.

Top Bottom