• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    From a quick google of "flashbang death" and "stun grenade death", it appears they are very rarely used properly!

Officer injury and death, bystander injury and death, subject injury and death, house fires, etc.... Not very pretty, for a device official classified as "non-lethal". Though, it is still classified as a "destructive device" when the average citizen tries to get one.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    From a quick google of "flashbang death" and "stun grenade death", it appears they are very rarely used properly!

Officer injury and death, bystander injury and death, subject injury and death, house fires, etc.... Not very pretty, for a device official classified as "non-lethal". Though, it is still classified as a "destructive device" when the average citizen tries to get one.

You do realize that a Google search for articles does not have any weight in how many are actually used? I mean basic sense says that only events that involve a misuse will make a news story. Im not saying they don't have problems but there was just a cop a few posts back who very clearly defined how they are properly used. :n00b:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Absolute rubbish, phylo. There have been numerous reports of people injured by these things, as well as house burnt down and people dying in the resulting fires. They should never have been placed in the hands of the police. It's just another military toy that has no place in proper police work. If you want to play soldier, join the Army.

Numerous reports out of how many thousands of instances where they were used appropriately and there were no injuries? The man next to me deployed one just this morning and I was standing about three feet from it when it went off. No one was killed, no one was injured, no homes were burned down but I don't expect that to make the news. Apparently, if it doesn't make the news it didn't happen or doesn't matter.

I joined the Army once. Gave them the best 6 years of my life. My only regret is getting out, if I'd known that the nightmare of serving while Clinton was POTUS was going to end I would have stayed. Three years drawing welfare and working a second job trying to feed my family of three got old pretty quickly.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It should be noted that there are also two pretty different instances where flash bangs are used. No knock search warrants are one instance and if deployed properly there should be no injury resulting from their use.

If a subject is barricaded and shooting at the police they are used a bit more aggressively. No one (in their right mind) is going to take a peek into a room before tossing a FB if there is a good chance that doing so will get them shot in the face. In these instances the chance for injury from a FB are much greater but in this scenario the level of force which is justified is also greater. At least a portion of the injuries reported from these devices must be attributed to this type of situation.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    sad about the officer. i dont consider bean bag rounds, rubber bullets, or flashbangs to be non-lethal devices. i consider them less lethal. they are less lethal than their firearms most of the time but can still easily kill you from a hit in the wrong place. or set your house on fire and let you burn to death. i believe the term non-lethal for flashbangs makes about as much sense as people calling bullet resistant vests.... (bullet proof vests)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It should be noted that there are also two pretty different instances where flash bangs are used. No knock search warrants are one instance and if deployed properly there should be no injury resulting from their use.

If a subject is barricaded and shooting at the police they are used a bit more aggressively. No one (in their right mind) is going to take a peek into a room before tossing a FB if there is a good chance that doing so will get them shot in the face. In these instances the chance for injury from a FB are much greater but in this scenario the level of force which is justified is also greater. At least a portion of the injuries reported from these devices must be attributed to this type of situation.

yeah, i dont blame you for using them in that case inside the house.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    NON LETHAL :dunno:rubber 00 buck have killed:xmad:
    Yeah!!
    And so have golf clubs, tire irons, baseball bats, hockey pucks, screwdrivers, ball pean hammers, swimming pools, family pets, automobiles, GUNS!!, and several thousand other items found in EVERY HOME IN THE DAMN COUNTRY!!!
    The point here is that ANYTHING used improperly can kill a human being.
    We're pretty damn fragile and we break real easy.
    Trust me, I've seen em killed by a lot of crap that isn't considered "lethal".

Top Bottom