• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yet another cop skates on a clear case of abuse. This time it was a dog. Next time who knows who it'll be. People like that cop and other animal abusers often escalate to humans. It's just a matter of time.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Shock collar. That way if the dog refuses to release on command...they are reminded in a camera friendly manner. These are not pets. Releasing the ball on command is reinforcing the releasing the bite on command. Have you ever had to pull a 100 lb dog off a suspect who would not release the bite? Its no fun. Even the best dogs get too focused on the suspect at times and block out the handler. Been there done that. Either get the dog off the suspect or let him tear the suspect up. Thankfully its not common and sadly the last one I had to deal with took a bullet protecting his handler and died.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    do you own a trained law enforcement dog?

No. But I can do physics.
    Pounds Per Square Inch (PSI)
    Here's an exercise. Let's calculate the PSI exerted by the spine on other parts of the spine.

Hammond K-9 officer suspended after video showing dog lifted in air, lashed with leash, mayor says - chicagotribune.com
    "held by the neck with all four paws off the ground,”

Maybe Dan Parker, director of law enforcement operations at Vohne Liche Kennels know what he's talking about.
    Hammond cop who allegedly abused K9 partner to receive more trai - Chicago News and Weather | FOX 32 News
    "In some cases the dog figures out that standing on his hind legs also releases pressure and it appears the handler is hanging the dog but in reality he is applying the same pressure," said Dan Parker, director of law enforcement operations at Vohne Liche Kennels.
    Hummmm.
    I thought the dog was suspended completely by his neck, and a collar.
    Let's review the tape.
    Yup, full pressure of the dog, on the neck.

Well. This being a dog. I'm sure it's completely safe.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It was obvious from the poor video that the LEO involved did nothing wrong.

What was also obvious is that so very many, including a majority who posted here, let the sensationalist, profit-driven media build a sleazy news piece to lead you by the nose where they wanted you to go and....you went.

There was no abuse, no mistreatment, no nothing. The sad emasculation of America that allows so many of you to react with such sissiness is alamring. You can't find anything in the video that offers any suggestion whatsoever of wrong-doing. Nothing. It's not there. Dogs are not people. The training and interaction between them and their human master is not the same as with a kid or spouse. The dog absolutely requires you to be the Alpha. It doesn't work, for you or the dog, any other way. If you have no clue how to properly control a dog, why in the hell are you posting in this thread?

Take the media ring out of your nose and think for yourself. And....grow up a little. The world isn't all pansy flowers and pink stuff. The dog wasn't mistreated and the LEO did exactly what he was supposed to be doing. The rest was all media profit and weak-spined politicians who bailed when asked to show leadership and instead spewed PC crap to protect their own azz from the media monster. The media is the enemy, not this cop doing his job.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

What was also obvious is that so very many, including a majority who posted here, let the sensationalist, profit-driven media build a sleazy news piece to lead you by the nose where they wanted you to do and....you went.

There was no abuse, no mistreatment, no nothing. The sad emasculation of America that allows so many of you to react with such sissiness is alamring. You can't find anything in the video that offers any suggestion whatsoever of wrong-doing. Nothing. It's not there. Dogs are not people. The training and interaction between them and their human master is not the same as with a kid or spouse. The dog absolutely requires you to be the Alpha. It doesn't work, for you or the dog, any other way. If you have no clue how to properly control a dog, why in the hell are you posting in this thread?

Take the media ring out of your nose and think for yourself. And....grow up a little. The world isn't all pansy flowers and pink stuff. The dog wasn't mistreated and the LEO did exactly what he was supposed to be doing.

So how are people brought up on animal cruelty charges?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

What was also obvious is that so very many, including a majority who posted here, let the sensationalist, profit-driven media build a sleazy news piece to lead you by the nose where they wanted you to go and....you went.

Take the media ring out of your nose and think for yourself. And....grow up a little. The world isn't all pansy flowers and pink stuff. The dog wasn't mistreated and the LEO did exactly what he was supposed to be doing. The rest was all media profit and weak-spined politicians who bailed when asked to show leadership and instead spewed PC crap to protect their own azz from the media monster. The media is the enemy, not this cop doing his job.

"Dogs are not people"
    Come up with that yourself?

Physics is physics.
    Do the math on the damage done to the spine.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    When it comes to strangers I don't know on the internet who know nothing about law enforcement animals, and strangers I don't know from Vohne Liche Kennels who know a little bit about them, i'll probably go with #2 every time.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Yeah, both of them. First one said that's not how it's supposed to be handled.

Then the second article said that's how he's trained to handle that situation, but will be trained to make sure it never happens again.

makes perfect sense.

I never read that in the second article, I did see this....

"The handlers technique was not the way he was taught but was not abuse." :scratch:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    "In a statement released Monday, Chief John Doughty said the officer acted in accordance to training during a high-risk traffic stop in which the dog successfully sniffed out illegal contraband inside the vehicle. A separate review of the incident by Vohne Liche Kennels found the same thing."

And the VERY next paragraph:

"The officer, who was placed on administrative leave after the video went public, will receive additional training to make sure the incident isn't repeated, Doughty said."

Can someone explain to me how the quotes don't completely contradict themselves? I can be a bit slow at time and need extra explanation.

What I gathered from that is he was trained to do that, but will get trained so he doesn't repeat what he was trained to do.

Top Bottom