Oh Man, Rush Limbaugh has "Advanced Lung Cancer"...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Earlier in this thread, I was getting pretty disgusted. I simply don’t have the appetite for a lot of what was going on up thread right now.

Then I read these two posts.

My condolences (belated as they may be) and prayers for you and your families going forward.

To be clear. I lost my oldest son on my "B" day on 2002 while holding his hand to Cancer. He was 31 years young.
    1 month later I was diagnosed with stage 4 Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma. There is no known cure. Slow growing. 3 to 4 years was my time frame. That was in 02. Looks like I am one of a handful that made it out his far. It is in remission. Sleeping so to speak and in the back of my mind with every breath I take. Each day I get to see is a gift to spend as I see fit.

There is hope. But I all to often ask why me.

This has shaped my attitude. Who I am. I do not suffer fools very well. Again, waste of time.

I have the deepest respect for about everyone of you that have posted in here. Some really good points made and opinions shared. Respect.

Now, lets do this right OK. Any one of you can start a thread to give an opinion of the mans life work. But not here. And I apologize to all for my part in the derailing.

:yesway:

His fight against this horrible disease, should not have words of ill will, disrespect, or even hatred cast against him because of his beliefs and opinions.

Cancer is a horrible thing, no matter what type. I know all too well from my late wife's 4.5 year battle with Ovarian Cancer. It not only affects him,
    but his wife, their family and long time friends. Both mentally and physically. It wrecks havoc with all especially with his family, knowing all to well that
    they be spending his last months on this earth with them.

The mental aspect is wrenching. no matter how much you try to remain positive with a optimistic outlook. I just hope his Oncologist is truthful with
    the facts to him, and not hiding facts from them no matter how dire. My wife's oncologist hid it from her for 9 months that she was classified as terminal,
    and even dodged her questions of her being terminal with the reply "Everyone's terminal, we're all dying from the time we're born." It wasn't until I was
    able to be face to face with him, when he finally did admit it, and it was 2.5 months before she passed. 1 day before her 50th birthday and
    6 days short of our 30th wedding anniversary. I went from a optimistic husband to being widowed, then suffering a mild heart attack
    to a mini stroke in less that 7 months and have been trying to recoup for the last two years.

My heart truly goes out to him and his family because I know the battle and mental anguish all to well.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I see people weekly with new devastating cancer diagnoses. In some ways it's comforting to the rest of us that being worth half a billion doesn't mean they'll find cancer any quicker in you.

Cancer doesn't care who you are. Or stroke. Or heart attack.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I see people weekly with new devastating cancer diagnoses. In some ways it's comforting to the rest of us that being worth half a billion doesn't mean they'll find cancer any quicker in you.

Cancer doesn't care who you are. Or stroke. Or heart attack.

Amen to that. We will all go in the ground some day, rich or poor. I couldn’t do what you do. Breaking that kind of news to people would be heartbreaking. Watching the commercials with the kids is devastating. We forget how lucky we really are sometimes, we bicker about meaningless things like politics, money, and opinions, forgetting the most important thing in life is life itself. I hope nothing but the best for rush and his family.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    [FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]Dust In The Wind[/FONT]
    [FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]Kansas - The Best Of Kansas

[/FONT]
    [FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]Now, don't hang on, nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
    It slips away
    And all your money won't another minute buy
    Dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    All we are is dust in the wind
    Dust in the wind
    Everything is dust in the wind
    Everything is dust in the wind
    The wind.
    [/FONT]

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I was reading this thread and getting really ticked off and ready to unload on those responsible for the vitriol and bickering. It shouldn’t take two of our most respected members’ personal revelations for us to treat each other (or any cancer patient) with a bit of human decency.

I’ve seen close friends and relatives ravaged by and who succumbed to this horrible disease and I know some who have beaten it and yes, like CM says, they think every day of the possibility of it coming back.

I’ve never met anyone from INGO that I didn’t like and wouldn’t go out of my way for. I really wish we did more face-to-face meet ups. The anonymity the Internet brings can also bring out less than the best in any of us, myself included at times.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    cbhausen said:
    I really wish we did more face-to-face meet ups.

Just takes one person to plan one! *poke*

I was dreading the last one because printcraft was going to be there, and we didnt really get along here

Now I love the guy. Were on the same page, humor-wise. Good memes. :)

I remember the 1st PW meet August 2010, we had about 20 people show up down in Evansville for a combo Meet and Training class by the late HandK (he drove 7 hours from Cannapolis, MI).
    In the heat of the summer, 98 degrees, 99% humidity. With food and drinks @ Bigum1969's house afterwards. In the fall we followed up with about 30 of us at PW2 near Hartford City, with
    Hank again driving down and giving another class.

I fixed almost 10 quarts of my chili. Great occasion both times.

The only other time was I think the second NFA Noob Day at Love My Woods House. Great day with food, friends,and blowing up stuff with Class 3 stuff. :rockwoot::ar15::biggun:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    640-020720-RUSH-Presidential-Medal-PICS-Capitol-Dome-Rush-Kathryn.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think rush's show will not be around in 2021,at least syndicated as it is. Hate to say it but I don't think he's going to be able to do the show with chemo. I also think he loves it so much he'll stop treatment and do show as long as he can.

Hope i'm wrong though

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Rush's been on the air the last couple days, off tomorrow.

He was a bit taken back a minute ago with a caller that wanted to talk to Snerdly after speaking to him. The caller was literally wanting to donate him a lung.
    Supposedly there have been daily offers like this in various forms since Rush announced his problem.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I wonder if he won't set up some type of foundation to run the EIB (Excellence in Broadcasting) network after he's gone.
    It wouldn't surprise me if he did, and there are plenty of voices to carry on his message.

My favorite has to be Mark Stein, but I also like Buck Sexton, and more than a handful of others.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, thanks to Rush, there are a lot of other voices to carry the message.

I remember the shock years ago when I first heard an outspoken conservative. I didn't join when it started in '89, it was around '80-81.

He was the only one.

Before him I listened to NPR and believed 180° from whatever they said.

Top Bottom