• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    An average (175# ish) male who drinks one standard drink (5-5.5%ABV 12oz beer, 12% 5oz wine, 40% 1oz liquor) will raise their Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) by approximately .015% per drink. Conversely, that same male will metabolize the alcohol at a rate of approximately .0145% per hour. The math says that one drink will be effectively out of your system in one hour. Two drinks in an hour will leave you, at the end of the hour, at approximately .015%. There are a couple factors that effect the rate of absorption, like food in the stomach, but the above is a good reference.

So, what would a long island do? One of the reasons I never drink is because I have no idea what it's doing to me.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ohio passed a law that said you couldn't possess a firearm while intoxicated. Wife calls the cops on a domestic, but tells the cops there's no problem when they get there. She lets the cops in, def. walks into the room with an unloaded shotgun and 3 sheets....

No matter how many sheets I fold...

LNP5qua.jpg

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    My new tactic though is sell off one that I rarely use.
    Seems to work.
    My last one was hey my bonus is coming in March so the gun is technically free.
    Mind game her a little.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My new tactic though is sell off one that I rarely use.
    Seems to work.
    My last one was hey my bonus is coming in March so the gun is technically free.
    Mind game her a little.

I just tell CKW that I am doing a deal. She then realizes some silver will be crossing her palm or a shopping trip is in the making. Give and take. I figure this into the costs of expanding or moving forward with what is in the safes.
    She has skin in the game. Works very well. It is also hilarious when we negotiate.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    So, what would a long island do? One of the reasons I never drink is because I have no idea what it's doing to me.

depends what’s in it. A Long Island commonly has 4-5 liquors in it at 1/2 oz each, so 2-2.5oz of liquor. Most places stay true to that because it’s a huge liability to serve super boozy drinks, and also because those drinks would have to cost a lot more or they’d be making no money on them.

So let’s say you get a “good” Long Island that has 2.5oz of liquor in it. That drink should raise your BAC by about .0375% Two of them in an hour and you shouldn’t drive a car.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Listen, Linda. There’s pretty much only one thing I know about and it’s alcohol and drug pharmacology and toxicology, so I expound when I can!

Top Bottom