• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    Why all the love for a driver's side airbag? I have been driving a OSB Powerstroke all day today, the airbag is the least of my concerns.

Again if you are serious there are a ton of rust free clean OBS Ford's down here in central Florida.

I've seen too many people get busted up in car crashes I guess. Airbags save some people I think. It looks like Chevy had driver and passenger airbags in half tons starting in '97, and 3/4 ton suburbans. Right now I'm looking for a crew cab half ton, or a 3/4 ton or one ton that somehow got the airbags. I would definitely be open to getting something from Florida. It would be worth shipping or a trip to get one from the south.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Even the old 70's pickups look great with sun faded patina but no real rust.

Arizona has lots of neat oldies for sale. I'd be afraid to drive them here all winter.

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    Even the old 70's pickups look great with sun faded patina but no real rust.

Arizona has lots of neat oldies for sale. I'd be afraid to drive them here all winter.

Arizona is pretty far but I did look at some ads out that way. I know they have some nice older vehicles.

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    BE0FC5EC-09B4-45EC-A1D2-2362D1C7E06F.jpg
    This.https://nashville.craigslist.org/se...0&nearbyArea=231&nearbyArea=377&auto_make_mod . I think you are looking for a needle in a haystack sorry to say.I go South,take a little vacation and bring something home every 2-3 years.Would a Bronco,Tahoe,Yukon or a Sequoia work if you had a trailer which can haul a piece of 4x8 plywood?They are plentiful here, reasonably priced and if local they are probably rust free.If you step up a few years a 4 door truck can be found here clean.Good luck on your hunt.

I’m really only looking for a truck this time around. I already have this Grand Wagoneer and I want something more practical for light hauling and frequent driving. Putting a little lift on it now. BE0FC5EC-09B4-45EC-A1D2-2362D1C7E06F.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wish you luck in your search. Finding something from that time period in really good shape with acceptable miles on it will be tough.

Tough translates to "expensive".

I'm currently bored with my "fleet"and have been doing some tire kicking. One of the replacements I've considered is a mid 90s Bronco, 10k for a clean low mileage version optioned like I'd want.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    That truck in your signature line, Glockman! That's the style I like.
    It is a '96 extended cab long bed, 4wd. I've had it for about 8 years. 185k on the clock. It pulls my 28' travel trailer well, but is right at the max payload. It has the F44 HD chassis which means bigger brakes, heavy chassis, and more springs than a standard 1/2 ton.

dfDDH1Y.jpg

Last edited:

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    It is a '96 extended cab long bed, 4wd. I've had it for about 8 years. 185k on the clock. It pulls my 28' travel trailer well, but is right at the max payload. It has the F44 HD chassis which means bigger brakes, heavy chassis, and more springs than a standard 1/2 ton.

I like it! Thanks for posting the picture!

Tough translates to "expensive".

I'm currently bored with my "fleet"and have been doing some tire kicking. One of the replacements I've considered is a mid 90s Bronco, 10k for a clean low mileage version optioned like I'd want.

Ha yes those things are expensive. And if they aren't they probably need some shop time until they are. But remember... they're expensive because they're worth it!

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    If I have time, I will base in Nashville.If you are being specific,you will have to go wherever the truck is.If you are not in a hurry,keep watching and act fast.I usually get 3 or 4 lined up and that gives me a couple to fall back on.If you ever do it,pm me and I will give you some pointers.

I've been looking. Any chance you would haul one back for me if I find one in TN or GA or FL?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Don't know why I didn't think of this before and you may already know about it but check out searchtempest.com . It's a website that you can set up to search every craigslist within a radius of a specific zip code when you're searching over a large geographical area. It's a helluva lot easier to use than searching each individual craigslist location.

Reverend Dreed

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    new hope
    I recently purchased a 2015 ram 2500, 4 door long bed with the big Cummins diesel and 4x4. I know it is not what you are looking for but it works well for us.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom