• ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    1950-chevy-pickup-1.jpg

This is the old style crew cab. They rode in the back. :)

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    Don't know why I didn't think of this before and you may already know about it but check out searchtempest.com . It's a website that you can set up to search every craigslist within a radius of a specific zip code when you're searching over a large geographical area. It's a helluva lot easier to use than searching each individual craigslist location.

Thanks! I did try that one; it brings up a lot of false positives. Maybe I wasn't doing it right. I eventually reverted to the old fashioned craigslist search.

That 1984 crew cab 4x4 dually gave some mild tachycardia. That's exactly what I'd be looking for if I didn't care about the air bags. Thanks for the link!

I recently purchased a 2015 ram 2500, 4 door long bed with the big Cummins diesel and 4x4. I know it is not what you are looking for but it works well for us.

Nice. Those are good to have; thanks for the recommendation. I don't think dodge made any crew cabs until 2003 though.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Very clean truck! I thought they had a drivers side air bag. I know I was sweating bullets when I took apart the steering column on a 97 250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've had two 97 crew cab one tons. Neither had an airbag , or anti lock brakes. No electronic shift on the fly 4wd. They are trucks. Or maybe tractors. :laugh:

My son still has that one, I'll ask him, but I'm certain it doesn't.

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    I've had two 97 crew cab one tons. Neither had an airbag , or anti lock brakes. No electronic shift on the fly 4wd. They are trucks. Or maybe tractors. :laugh:

My son still has that one, I'll ask him, but I'm certain it doesn't.

I've looked at a lot of them now, and have seen no old body style F-250 or F-350s that came with air bags.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I've looked at a lot of them now, and have seen no old body style F-250 or F-350s that came with air bags.
    If you're in a 97 f350 crew cab, you don't need an airbag. The cars that hit you will need them though. :D

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Excellent site!! Bookmarked for future use; they have a 90 suburban on there that is awfully tempting!!

I thought I heard someone say something about a suburban!

I have had this one less than a month....was an Arizona truck but I picked it up 45 miles from home from the lady that inherited it when her aunt passed last fall. One owner with all of the maintenance records. I am loving it! This is an '84 3/4 ton that will be my daily driver...has 197K, rust free and runs great. The '89 1/2 ton is for summer driving only...picked it up four years ago with 72,000 miles on it....also completely rust free. Be patient and shop around....they can be found. The suburbans sell much lower than the trucks of the same vintage as the square body trucks are very popular right now with the younger guys wanting to fix them up.

This is a picture from the ad on CL

l0EDmZ4.jpg

This is now after much buffing and waxing :)

QVZEIJU.jpg

And since we are sharing....here's my summer ride.

IdMsBZw.jpg

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    98 Chevy 1 ton. Leather interior, but no airbags.

363936C9-D584-416A-BFB3-ACB67E52C122_zpsgxwydj4z.jpg

This is exactly what I would want for myself. I was initially set on getting a dually, until I realized there weren't any of this body style with airbags. This is one of the best looking trucks there are. Have you seen Lethal Weapon

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    That's a great-looking truck. I've been looking at ranch hand style bumpers. What kind do you have there?

Guessing a welders special, it is overkill but was on it when we got it. It has taken everything thrown at it. Ranchhand makes grill guards, light duty replacement bumpers, and heavy duty replacement bumpers. I like the grill guards, they will not take extreme abuse but will push full-size cows and gates all day and look good doing it.

Guys that really need them such as rural OK and Aussie's use ones that are much more heavy duty then Ranchhands.

tetter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 13, 2014
    United States
    I thought I heard someone say something about a suburban!

I have had this one less than a month....was an Arizona truck but I picked it up 45 miles from home from the lady that inherited it when her aunt passed last fall. One owner with all of the maintenance records. I am loving it! This is an '84 3/4 ton that will be my daily driver...has 197K, rust free and runs great. The '89 1/2 ton is for summer driving only...picked it up four years ago with 72,000 miles on it....also completely rust free. Be patient and shop around....they can be found. The suburbans sell much lower than the trucks of the same vintage as the square body trucks are very popular right now with the younger guys wanting to fix them up.

This is a picture from the ad on CL

l0EDmZ4.jpg

This is now after much buffing and waxing :)

QVZEIJU.jpg

And since we are sharing....here's my summer ride.

IdMsBZw.jpg

wow is that the same paint? You really made it shine. Great job!

Top Bottom