• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    We'll see in a few days. I will be surprised if it gets the same airtime as the White guy who shot up the Black Church. This one does not fit the agenda
    Well, NPR picked it up, so there goes your theory right out the window.

Nashville, Tennessee Church Shooting: 1 Killed, Several Wounded : The Two-Way : NPR

At this point we don't know why he did it, so we should just cool it on the race thing till then.

Also, this is pretty small church... in other words, the "it can't happen here" theory is blown too. Carry everywhere.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well this is clearly false.

I have seen some, but not a great deal of coverage. Granted, there could be more than one reason for this. I'm in "wait and see" mode. It will be interesting to see if a motive can be discerned.

As for how we refer to races when necessary....when in doubt, I use the term African American (when it applies), if i know the person has a preference, I use what they prefer...seems simple. I don't know why anyone would get all up in arms about what some person of another race prefers to be called. I find that it's seldom even necessary unless, as here, a person is being described for some reason in order to identify them. In fact, if that is not necessary, whenever a race (any race) is mentioned in talking about a person where it is not strictly necessary, my ears perk up a bit to see where the conversation is going....but what do I know.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I have seen some, but not a great deal of coverage. Granted, there could be more than one reason for this. I'm in "wait and see" mode. It will be interesting to see if a motive can be discerned.

Well, it is now being reported that he attended the Church a few years ago. Since him being black apparently is noteworthy to some, sans other information, maybe he shot the church up because he disagreed with the fact that the congregation was mixed racially, and thought that only black people should be worshipping there.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Indeed.

INGO: "why does the media make everything to be a racial issue!" ... then makes it the third post in this thread. :n00b:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

rransford

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2016
    Elwood
    Any time I go to church, which is not as often as I would like due to work, I am always carrying and going through situations in my head. Trying to find a seat that would work best in my and my family's favor. But, I do happen to know that I am not the only person in my church that carries on a regular basis. That is always refreshing to know as well.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I took a look at handgunlaw.us , a lot of church/school confusion but nothing prohibiting church carry.
    Depending on the church. I think that if the church has a private preschool area then it is restricted, but I'm not positive on this. I'm sure someone else who DOES know could chime in, and I would appreciate the clarification.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Any time I go to church, which is not as often as I would like due to work, I am always carrying and going through situations in my head. Trying to find a seat that would work best in my and my family's favor. But, I do happen to know that I am not the only person in my church that carries on a regular basis. That is always refreshing to know as well.
    That's why I work A/V. The soundbooth has the best vantage and you can rest a bipod on the half wall. :):

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    You're all missing something. Race has nothing to do with why it won't gain much media distribution. There was a good guy with a gun that interfered with the bad guy with a gun doing his business long before the cops showed up. Because there's room for the argument of "imagine how much better it would have been if he didn't have to go out to his car to get his gun" they won't even bring it up.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is this "terrorism," or a mass shooting with an intended targeted individual? I'm missing the political motive, and the targeted audience. IMO those elements should be required to call this terrorism.

So that's the main thing you took from this article?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom