• ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Go on now....run and tell the mods about the mean old troll. :rolleyes:

Do I get my 30 minute warning this time? :):

I hear they have very long lifespans, so you may not be as old comparatively. But I'm glad after, what, a week? I still take up a very large room in your head.

Kut (loves his the charter member of his fan club)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is why we have an armed church member in the lobby during every service.

We may need to add roaming security, and/or secure several far/obscured doors at our church. Only one hall intersection is visible from half the back pews; everyone else is totally blind, none of the 3 entrances themselves are visible during the service. Last Sunday we had a small group enter the main lobby and start taking pictures in the middle of our service. Two custodians saw them and confronted them. They only saw them because they sit behind the back aisle and can see the intersection of the main hall and the lobby, they never entered the sanctuary.

The intruders gave a story about being part of a choir that was going to be singing there in a few weeks/months. At the time the 2 people I talked to were unaware of such a visit. Granted I had to leave for the INGO shoot so I couldnt stick around to get the details from our pastor, so I'll have to get the scuttlebutt on Thursday when I run the board for choir practice. This is a relatively rural church, so its not like we have to worry about those on foot happening to wander in; but this does underscore the fact that we need to secure the building since 100% of us are in the sanctuary, and NOBODY can see down the hall to the rest of the church.

In theory, given how the Olympics allows participation, that completely possible. Lot of Americans who can't make the national team, play for other nations.

No, I remember this story. This was a black European. The announcers were so PC they were conditioned to not call a black person black so they called them that out of habit. It was a simple, harmless slip of the tongue.

That's why I work A/V. The soundbooth has the best vantage and you can rest a bipod on the half wall. :):
    Same here. I too saw the intruders in our church in the story above because I have the absolute best view of the entrance. Them plus the OP story makes me want to buy a Tactical Walls shelf and mount it under my board table for an AR. :):

Hero in Tennessee church shooting proves guns could reduce crime, expert says
    Hero in Tennessee church shooting proves guns could reduce crime, expert says | Fox News

Fox news said it, so it cant be real, says the leftists... They will NEVER agree that a gun in the church (or anywhere) would have stopped this guy. They cant bring themselves to it because it would prove their narrative and the laws they passed with it were bogus. The minute we are able to prove this would have helped, they will counter with some bogus public safety angle of accidents and how dangerous it would be and we would have fatal NDs every sunday. :rolleyes: I just want them to tell me how come the law that said "no guns" didnt save those victims since that is supposed to keep us all safe. :xmad:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The shooter was a Sudanese immigrant with legal residency, an thus NOT African-American as originally reported by Fox, so now there's another leap to be made.

According to this report he was a Sudanese immigrant with US citizenship, not just residency.

And gives at least a partial motivation for the shooting. Retaliation for the Charleston
    church shooting.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...5b912fabc99_story.html?utm_term=.b89f493c349f

I don't get what's funny. :dunno:

I'm guessing that it's because it's after white people were shot in a church by a black man compared to the Charleston church shooting which was the reverse. As in "See, now that white people are getting shot, people care", type of thing. But that's just a guess.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well shooting up a church you attended, is an interesting way to get revenge for Dylann Roof.

Attending a couple of services doesn't mean that was a place he loved. For all anyone knows, he got angry at something that happened there and left in a huff.

Regardless, probing the mind of people who are nuts (Roof, Paddock, etc.) seems like more of an exercise in curiosity than anything else.

Top Bottom