• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I'd have to go with the G19 for me. I just hollered this question to my wife and she respond with....the G19! So we will have his and hers matching G19s for the zombie apocalypse. How sweet is that!

Same reasoning as everyone else, I shoot it well, it goes bang every time I pull the trigger, it's easy to carry, and magazine capacity.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    G17, laser, night sights, 4 mags w/+2.

1911. Like me it is simple and reliable. I know how to shoot it, take it apart and repair it if necessary. Ammo is relatively common for it. No plastic parts please - they don't age all that well over the decades a person might keep his "only" handgun.

And this comes from those decades of environmental testing you've done? LOL. I tell ya what, let's tie some fishing line to the trigger guards on both, toss them in my pond for 5 years, take them out, shake them off and see which one can empty the mag. Oh yeah, no need to take apart and "fix" the Glock.

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    Give me a bucket of ammo and a colt 1911-even one from 1911. Had one from 1918 and it hits like a champ! All you glocksters come back in 2080 or so an let us know how yours is doing! lol

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    for me it's my glock 26. Small enough to conceal easily, can accept any of the 9mm magazines, and being a 9mm....the ammo is readily available. (plus it's what I already own, so that's what I'll be using when the SHTF)

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Well since it's all hypothetical, I'd pick a Glock 1911.
    glock_1911-tm-tfb.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Jetgirl doesn't want to let me call my Para P12 a 1911, but I don't know what else to call it. Carry 12+1, then I have a couple of P14 mags to follow up. All metal, though it's not all steel.

Top Bottom