One LARGE order of S-HOLE coming right up!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-africa-water-shortage-cape-town-drought-water-restrictions-patta/

You all know that they are about to run out of water !

The Israeli government offered to help with desalination plants the SA government did not want help from “JEWS”.
    A completely racist state in many ways.
    https://mg.co.za/article/2018-02-12...-need-the-help-of-israel-to-solve-our-drought

BTW
    They were a Nuclear power with about 100 weapons that were dismantled.

Has it ever not been?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Anyone care to predict how long it will be before it hits a tipping point then slides to chaos like Zimbabwe? Or are they already there? It is history repeating itself.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    i went to college with a guy who was born in Africa, both of his parents were born in Africa, and both of hus grandparents were born in Africa. He attained his US ciizenship and listed his nationality as "African American". IU finally threated to kick him out if he kept claiming to be an "African American", because he was white and not black.

I think I know if this case. What year was it? I think most people understand the concept of the term, but choose to play dumb.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Anyone care to predict how long it will be before it hits a tipping point then slides to chaos like Zimbabwe? Or are they already there? It is history repeating itself.

It probably won't happen. Zimbabwe was ruined by one person, Robert Mugabe. The world didn't really care, because it had South Africa to fall back on to still acquire resources; specifically manganese. That's South Africa's ace in the hole. As long as they can avoid someone becoming a dictator or getting involved in some stupid conflict, they'll probably be ok if only because they will be propped up by nations with a significant steel industry.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I think SA is ripe for a dictator it needs a person to unite the country dictators seems to have a gift for “unity”.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think I know if this case. What year was it? I think most people understand the concept of the term, but choose to play dumb.

I personaly have always felt the term is stupid. I'm gonna start identifying as a hound dog, because who has the right to question me?
    Hell maybe I'll go big and I'll be a trans homo blue tick with a side of cocker spaniel

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Right I kinda agree with you but we are still committed to certain world organizations that do that kind of exact thing, so as long as we stay commited then yes we do.
    Id rather send in private military contractors and do it the way it needs to be done rather than the UN or NATO
    Controversy or not, Executive Outcomes got results!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My first thought is that Hitler pretty much did this to the Jews in pre-war Germany. If I were a farmer down there, I'd take my family and bail out, difficult as it may be. Better than being murdered by the locals.
    I sure hope we aren't sending aid to the leaders there.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My first thought is that Hitler pretty much did this to the Jews in pre-war Germany. If I were a farmer down there, I'd take my family and bail out, difficult as it may be. Better than being murdered by the locals.
    I sure hope we aren't sending aid to the leaders there.

Or having hour child's face sliced like the joker on Batman while you're held down and forced to watch

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I'm seeing a lot of back and forth about bringing them here. (the farmers) Where is the line we draw as a nation as to who we help and why. There was a large outcry about middle eastern refugees. There's a huge outcry against immigration. Should we maybe just send taxpayer money to s.a.? maybe military intervention? What makes this case special?

I'm all for removing ourselves from the world stage in the capacity Bush and obama had us. I am for less red tape but stricter immigration enforcement. (both my parents are Mexican immigrants I know the process. I learned more about U.S. history from helping her study for her citizenship test than I ever learned in school). We need to fix our home before we can help anyone else out. So I ask, where do we draw the line on who and why we help foriegn nationals and to what extent?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm seeing a lot of back and forth about bringing them here. (the farmers) Where is the line we draw as a nation as to who we help and why. There was a large outcry about middle eastern refugees. There's a huge outcry against immigration. Should we maybe just send taxpayer money to s.a.? maybe military intervention? What makes this case special?

I'm all for removing ourselves from the world stage in the capacity Bush and obama had us. I am for less red tape but stricter immigration enforcement. (both my parents are Mexican immigrants I know the process. I learned more about U.S. history from helping her study for her citizenship test than I ever learned in school). We need to fix our home before we can help anyone else out. So I ask, where do we draw the line on who and why we help foriegn nationals and to what extent?

Good points and why is it on us to do something about it. Just a point of conversation.

I see the commercials with the starving kids etc and it hurts my heart. I also know I/we can not save them all. Reality check is that even our humanitarian efforts are interfered with by those same locals they are fleeing from.

So again, why is this on us. We have more than we can deal with right here at home.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Interesting. Couple of questions:
    1. Did he submit and violate his conscience regarding his identity? If not, did IU penalize him.
    2. What year did this happen... before the recent trend validating "self identification"?

This happened in 1979, and he gave in to the university's demands because he did not want to get expelled. He went with the generic "Caucasian" designation that does not list a country or region of origin.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom