One pilot was locked out of cockpit during Germanwings plane crash.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Plane reaches top of climb, one pilot leaves the cockpit to hit the head, and the other has a debilitating medical event that impacts the mode control panel (autopilot controls) or sidestick of an Airbus?

No, I don't believe in coincidences.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's one of the downside of having stronger doors since 9/11 if one of the pilots was locked outside and couldn't get in.
    You would think they would have a key or a code to get access to the cockpit from the outside. :dunno:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Both my daughters have done exchange programs to Spain while in high school (Valencia/Barcelona) by way of IU. This plane had 16 HS girls returning to Germany from a similar program. Maybe even the same one. It breaks my heart.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If one flight officer leaves the flight deck, that person is replaced by one of the flight attendants so that there are always two people in the cockpit at all times.

Really fishy if standard protocol was not followed.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Both my daughters have done exchange programs to Spain while in high school (Valencia/Barcelona) by way of IU. This plane had 16 HS girls returning to Germany from a similar program. Maybe even the same one. It breaks my heart.

That is a wonderful experience for your daughters! I lived over there for 2 semesters and it was amazing... It is for that reason I find it very heartbreaking for parents to send off their daughters and then they not come home... I had not heard of that until now. Very sad!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    That's one of the downside of having stronger doors since 9/11 if one of the pilots was locked outside and couldn't get in.
    You would think they would have a key or a code to get access to the cockpit from the outside. :dunno:

If the pilot has a key on the outside, then so does anybody else who cares to take him on (and others, I would assume).

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If one flight officer leaves the flight deck, that person is replaced by one of the flight attendants so that there are always two people in the cockpit at all times.

Really fishy if standard protocol was not followed.

That is US protocol, not necessarily EU or German protocol.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Plane reaches top of climb, one pilot leaves the cockpit to hit the head, and the other has a debilitating medical event that impacts the mode control panel (autopilot controls) or sidestick of an Airbus?

No, I don't believe in coincidences.

I don't believe in coincidences either. If the cockpit door was locked and the pilot couldn't enter then either the door code was changed/disabled and or the key lock was disabled likely from the inside?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't believe in coincidences either. If the cockpit door was locked and the pilot couldn't enter then either the door code was changed/disabled and or the key lock was disabled likely from the inside?

If that was a terrorist attack and the pilot wanted to crash the plane he could have crashed it on something else than a mountain.
    The plane flew above Marseille prior to the crash, lots of great targets for terrorists there.

Maybe a suicide then? :dunno:

Doesn't make much sense.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    If this early report is true, the whole thing to me goes from unfortunate accident straight into foul play.
    The pilot leaves the cockpit to take a leak, returns, and the people in the cockpit refuse to let him back in?
    Yeah, something's rotten in Denmark here.

Top Bottom