One pilot was locked out of cockpit during Germanwings plane crash.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I think I'll wait to hear it from a RELIABLE source....

I'm more inclined to think that a) he was prone to depression and b) he was jilted/dissed/dumped romantically recently as a trigger. Extra points if he was a drama queen (not implying gay or straight - just drama). Something like that triggered it and he decided "screw it all". THAT is the most likely scenario given the age and nationality.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I think I'll wait to hear it from a RELIABLE source....

I'm more inclined to think that a) he was prone to depression and b) he was jilted/dissed/dumped romantically recently as a trigger. Extra points if he was a drama queen (not implying gay or straight - just drama). Something like that triggered it and he decided "screw it all". THAT is the most likely scenario given the age and nationality.

People find it easier to blame a religion and they wont wait for a relibale source to do it.
    If he was a Christian though nobody will mention it.Not that we know what was his religion and not that it matters.

Not sure what it was but it's probably behind depression.
    It's one thing to want to kill yourself, it's another to kill 150 people in the process.

Some pilots like many other people are depressed but they dont wish to kill passengers.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Agree with you Sylvain - here's my reasoning. The main reasons people are motivated to do stuff like this is normally noted in an acronym : MICE

Money
    Ideology
    Conscience
    Ego

Money holds no sway in this, since he's taking himself out.
    Conscience is illogical because to do something this heinous only adds to most ANYTHING bad that you've already done. Outside chance that he'd done something so bad that he felt life couldn't go on. But most such folks would implode on themselves - not take out 150 others... The one case I could see for this is if he was a deeply religious person, perhaps with a big skeleton in the closet. I'm thinking someone raised extremely religiously who was hiding something that violated that belief system in a big way. Possible - but not the way I'd bet.

Ideology is possible - if one was a devoted follower of some ideal. The 9/11 guys fall into this category. If so - we can expect a dramatic note or triumphant suicide letter since the system/religion in question doesn't win unless it gets "credit". Outside chance , but unlikely for a 28 year old that was living his dream of flying. If he was 20 with no particular future - that might be another kettle of fish. Given his background - I say not likely.

Which leaves Ego. Someone would have to have an ego off the charts to pull this off. If you think about it though, it is plausible... He, at 28 is living the dream... Thinks he's King of the World. World class narcissist. Gets jilted/rejected/dissed... Doesn't understand why EVERYONE wouldn't think that he was the cat's meow. Combine that with depression, and bang! He snaps. Probably in the last few days. Pilot leaves the cockpit to take a whiz. Opportunity knocks. Game over. That makes for a possible scenario.

Ego is my bet
    Conscience and Ideology distant second and third, in that order.

If Ideology - we're going to know about it shortly, because there WILL be a note in that case.

EDIT: - if it was Ego... then most likely it was a recent event that caused the snap. And all of the pshrink tests in the world wouldn't have caught it. The ONLY think that would have caught it is if a friend or coworker had noticed something. And said something. Lufthansa is pretty good about soliciting input like that. Bottom line - not much the airline could have done.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Agree with you Sylvain - here's my reasoning. The main reasons people are motivated to do stuff like this is normally noted in an acronym : MICE

Money
    Ideology
    Conscience
    Ego

Money holds no sway in this, since he's taking himself out.
    Conscience is illogical because to do something this heinous only adds to most ANYTHING bad that you've already done. Outside chance that he'd done something so bad that he felt life couldn't go on. But most such folks would implode on themselves - not take out 150 others... The one case I could see for this is if he was a deeply religious person, perhaps with a big skeleton in the closet. I'm thinking someone raised extremely religiously who was hiding something that violated that belief system in a big way. Possible - but not the way I'd bet.

Ideology is possible - if one was a devoted follower of some ideal. The 9/11 guys fall into this category. If so - we can expect a dramatic note or triumphant suicide letter since the system/religion in question doesn't win unless it gets "credit". Outside chance , but unlikely for a 28 year old that was living his dream of flying. If he was 20 with no particular future - that might be another kettle of fish. Given his background - I say not likely.

Which leaves Ego. Someone would have to have an ego off the charts to pull this off. If you think about it though, it is plausible... He, at 28 is living the dream... Thinks he's King of the World. World class narcissist. Gets jilted/rejected/dissed... Doesn't understand why EVERYONE wouldn't think that he was the cat's meow. Combine that with depression, and bang! He snaps. Probably in the last few days. Pilot leaves the cockpit to take a whiz. Opportunity knocks. Game over. That makes for a possible scenario.

Ego is my bet
    Conscience and Ideology distant second and third, in that order.

If Ideology - we're going to know about it shortly, because there WILL be a note in that case.

EDIT: - if it was Ego... then most likely it was a recent event that caused the snap. And all of the pshrink tests in the world wouldn't have caught it. The ONLY think that would have caught it is if a friend or coworker had noticed something. And said something. Lufthansa is pretty good about soliciting input like that. Bottom line - not much the airline could have done.

I believe I caught something on the news this morning that was alluding to a break up, so this may have indeed been the motive. I just wish these wackos that want to end it all would just eat a bullet or something without taking the innocent along with them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I believe I caught something on the news this morning that was alluding to a break up, so this may have indeed been the motive. I just wish these wackos that want to end it all would just eat a bullet or something without taking the innocent along with them.

Over a ****ing woman.......really.
    With all the fish in a huge sea and this whack job weak minded A$$ hat flys a loaded (with people) plane into a mountain.
    I would like to say I have now seen it all but there will be something else I am sure.

Top Bottom