• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Doubt it as long as long as the Football, Basketball, and Baseball Seasons were not interrupted...

Most Americans would probably not even notice a Regime Change...
    I don't disagree, as long as the oppressors wear an American flag on their arm. The public will submit to pure tyranny as long as they get to vote for the lesser of two tyrants.

But an overt foreign invasion in the USA would be met much the same as it is in the Middle East. And the patriot resistance isn't going to much care about any buildings that were blown up in the invaders' country.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yeah, who are you going to believe, your own eyes or Rambone?:D

Is it really such a stretch to accept that it is quite possible, notice I didn't say likely, that members of the U.S. government were complicit in the events of 9/11? Our government has been known to create events to sell unpopular ideas such as invasions. Or at least from several of the articles I've read over the years it would seem that they have done so and in other instances had plans ready if the need arose. If nothing else the linked article is interesting reading.

OPERATION NORTHWOODS: US PLANNED FAKE TERROR ATTACKS ON CITIZENS TO CREATE SUPPORT FOR CUBAN WAR:dunno:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Few Afghans know why AFghanistan was invaded. So what? If I was ignorant of the fact that a housemate was also a drug dealer, I'd be hard pressed to explain why my residence was targeted for violence. Their ignorance is not an indictment of the reason. It just means they're more in the dark than we are.

And how many of the 8% who do "know" believe in the destruction of Islam crap because it's what the imams force-feed them in the mosques?

If it's a story that paints the U.S. badly, we're supposed to believe it only the superficial level in which it is presented and refrain from a more thorough discovery of relationships and connections that might explain the "facts" as they are given. But if it's a story that describes a governmental authority doing something for good, it's always a lie and that's just the cover story we're being fed to make us feel better about being duped. That about sum it up?

Big Naughty

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Hendricks County
    Let's say the official story is true. This is a criminal case and not an act of war. Does the US government invade Canada every time one of their citizens commits a crime on US soil? If the official story is true all the hijackers died during the attacks. So nothing more can be done to them. They've supposedly captured or killed almost everyone they've claimed had anything to do with 9/11. So why are the Afghanis still being punished with US military presence in their land?

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Let's say the official story is true. This is a criminal case and not an act of war. Does the US government invade Canada every time one of their citizens commits a crime on US soil? If the official story is true all the hijackers died during the attacks. So nothing more can be done to them. They've supposedly captured or killed almost everyone they've claimed had anything to do with 9/11. So why are the Afghanis still being punished with US military presence in their land?

Let's go step by step:

Let's say the official story is true.
    Ok, common ground to start from.

This is a criminal case and not an act of war
    What laws, treaties and/or international organizations support this point of view?

Does the US government invade Canada every time one of their citizens commits a crime on US soil?
    The US does not need to, we have treaties with Canada that covers such conduct.

If the official story is true all the hijackers died during the attacks. So nothing more can be done to them.
    True, but those who help pay, train and plan the incident are held to the same level of accountability as those who committed the act.

They've supposedly captured or killed almost everyone they've claimed had anything to do with 9/11.
    Maybe, but in either a criminal case or a war, when someone knowingly joins the group that committed the act in question to help further that group's goal, or avoid capture, then they become accessories after the fact.

So why are the Afghanis still being punished with US military presence in their land?
    I do not accept your premise that the US military is a punishment. The US military is still there because if we left it would cause more harm than good, to both the US and Afghanistan.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    You know, as I was watching the towers come down (again and again ) over the weekend, it occurred to me that, had Rambone's conspiracy theory been correct, we should have seen explosions further down the towers to take out structural members, just like we've seen other times when buildings are imploded. Didn't see such explosions in any of the three buildings.

We didn't need to declare war on Al Qaeda; they declared war on us publicly on the internet after the Cole bombing. I think we were greatly forebearing in not going after them then; we didn't need any other "excuse" after 9/11.

The "weaker" side in asymmetric warfare is generally in violation of the Law of War in that they deliberately target civilians in contravention of said law and do not conform to the requirements for being "soldiers" under the Geneva Convention. Under the Geneva Convention, "unlawful combatants" are criminals and are subject to summary execution if captured.

It's not surprising that most Afghans don't understand why they were invaded; most of them can't read, live at the poverty level, and the only education available to them is what the Imams dish out. They do know what war is, though; they've been engaged in it for over a thousand years.

jringo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Even if we(the US) told the people of Afganistan why we went there, they probably would not believe us.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I was just thinking...

I would bet you would be hard pressed to find more than 8% of the Afghans that can tell you what Year it is...
    Or...
    How many Provinces (States) are in Afghanistan...
    Or
    How Many Tribes are in Afghanistan...
    Or
    More than 8% of Afghans with Electricity
    Or
    More than 8% with Sewage
    Or
    A Myriad of any other facts one would wish to throw out there...

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I was just thinking...

I would bet you would be hard pressed to find more than 8% of the Afghans that can tell you what Year it is...
    Or...
    How many Provinces (States) are in Afghanistan...
    Or
    How Many Tribes are in Afghanistan...
    Or
    More than 8% of Afghans with Electricity
    Or
    More than 8% with Sewage
    Or
    A Myriad of any other facts one would wish to throw out there...

I don't doubt it.

However it tells me a lot about why they attack the occupying forces.

Its not because they know of how free and prosperous America is. They don't know squat about what goes on over here.

They attack American forces because we are invading their homeland and we don't belong there. They have seen members of their community mangled in the war machine. Its a conflict that will never end while we occupy their homeland.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I don't doubt it.

Its not because they know of how free and prosperous America is. They don't know squat about what goes on over here.

They attack American forces because we are invading their homeland and we don't belong there. They have seen members of their community mangled in the war machine. Its a conflict that will never end while we occupy their homeland.

I wish i could get an honest average Afghans opinion on if things are better now than before we were there. That could play a major role in how they act towards us also. If they feal like WE are making life tougher or more difficult on them, that cant help our "image" over there, not to mention in neighboring countries that already dont hold us in high esteem.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I don't doubt it.

Has nothing to do with a us attacking them nor them defending their Country. They destroy, kill, damage and maim far more on their own than Our "War Machine" does.
    They attack anything/anyone who is not part of their Own Tribe...
    They will kill someone for literally just being in the Wrong Town...
    They have killed Unarmed NGOs (Non-Government Organizations) for being helping a Rival town first...

The Only reason this War will never End is due to the Fact that Congress does not want it to end. They are the ones who Grant the POTUS the Ability to send the Military to War, they can also resend those Powers as well.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey
    Top Bottom