• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Some of these posts remind me of millennial's who won't go anywhere without their cell phone. And they can't even comprehend the idea of going to a place where there is no reception.

When my son and I went to the Boundary Waters this year, several people asked my wife if she was worried and how could she handle not being able to communicate with us for a whole week.

We can and should exercise good judgement in everything we do. But to spend our lives covering every possible scenario is just not worth it. Sure, we are careful going into the wild where if you get in trouble, you are in real trouble. But we don't stop going because a deep cut could be fatal.

This is living.

If I was to do everything that folks have talked about here and on other threads, I may as well just leave my guns at home locked up in the safe to never be taken out.

But then again, I'm willing to play the odds.:)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Some of these posts remind me of millennial's who won't go anywhere without their cell phone. And they can't even comprehend the idea of going to a place where there is no reception.
    OK, Boomer.

This ain't a millennial thing.

I was at the Philharmonic and all those old people had their phones - with the brightness cranked to max. As soon as intermission hit, they all pulled them out - check the FitBit, check the cameras at home, check Faceborg...

My (flip) phone was at home.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    People can hate on me all they want, but this officer needs be disciplined severely if not fired.

Bad enough for a civilian to leave a firearm in the vehicle and it get stolen, but for a LEO to not remove any and all firearms out of his patrol vehicle while parked over night
    outside is unprofessional and negligent.
    I guess there wouldn't be many police left.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Lot of millennial bashing today. Most millennials I know (me included) are on our side. Can’t win an election with just boomers, boomers. :):

I deserved that. :)

And yes, we do need you. We about out to pasture at this point. Your generation has now taken over the work world. There are officially more millennials in the workforce than boomers. And I am hoping that you change the landscape of corporate America. Cuz it's lost it's luster over the last 35 years or so.

I do want to thank you that I can wear jeans everyday at work instead of just on casual Fridays. And I only wear ties for funerals and some weddings.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

And yes, we do need you. We about out to pasture at this point. Your generation has now taken over the work world. There are officially more millennials in the workforce than boomers. And I am hoping that you change the landscape of corporate America. Cuz it's lost it's luster over the last 35 years or so.

I do want to thank you that I can wear jeans everyday at work instead of just on casual Fridays. And I only wear ties for funerals and some weddings.

I thank you boomers for giving us applebees

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Lol, well, don’t give millennials too much credit. There’s still a lot of bat **** crazy ones, but they’re mostly in the places we expect (LA, NYC, Chicago, Bloomington :rolleyes:) And, most of the millennials that are crazy are being taught by older professors to be that way.

Sadly in my trade there aren’t any younger people. Everywhere I’ve worked I’m the youngest. I was the youngest at my current company until we finally hired a 22 year old. It takes multiple generations to build a country, I just hope my generation realizes what an accomplishment it will be to someday be retired and be able to look at where the country is, knowing we did the best we could to help build what so many have busted their ass before us to build.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Lol, well, don’t give millennials too much credit. There’s still a lot of bat **** crazy ones, but they’re mostly in the places we expect (LA, NYC, Chicago, Bloomington :rolleyes:) And, most of the millennials that are crazy are being taught by older professors to be that way.

Sadly in my trade there aren’t any younger people. Everywhere I’ve worked I’m the youngest. I was the youngest at my current company until we finally hired a 22 year old. It takes multiple generations to build a country, I just hope my generation realizes what an accomplishment it will be to someday be retired and be able to look at where the country is, knowing we did the best we could to help build what so many have busted their ass before us to build.

Bloomington has the whole liberal thing going on so there's that. It kinda overshadows everything else. What weird micro demographic I live in.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Bloomington has the whole liberal thing going on so there's that. It kinda overshadows everything else. What weird micro demographic I live in.
    Ya my brother lives in Spencer, we go to Bloomington to eat sometimes. It’s funny seeing someone in camouflage blaring rap in their car.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Beerman, no hate towards you at all, I just think you are wrong. Ever had any beer taken off your truck? Theft is theft.

Stealing beer is NOT the same as breaking into a LEO patrol vehicle.

Beer ='s a drinking problem
    Firearms out of a LEO Vehicle, you're up to more than a simple theft.

There was an attempt ONCE, I was on the other side of the truck running a cartload in the front door of a account and heard the bay door lock get popped on the doors.

I yelled at my helper that beer was growing feet. I came flying around the back of the truck as the thief was trying to hand a guy into a car a case of O'Douls NA beer.
    He got a body slam into the bay divider and then a driving body slam into the ground. IPD was called, while I held him on the ground while several people including my helper was my backup.

Long story short, I was called Fred Flintstone repeatedly by the thief till IMPD arrived, after cuffing and running his ID, he was on Parole for several thefts. He served out his remaining 3 years of parole @ Michigan City
    for theft of a controlled substance. The Judge showed no pitty on him.

Ah yes the adventures of a beerman in his early 30's I could dead lift a 175lb keg from the ground over by head, I used to touch 200-250 of them a day @ one time.

BrettonJudy7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    GREENFIELD
    Police responded to a shots fired call right? So who was shooting? Did someone possibly shoot out the window of the vehicle in order to get the rifle?

There are some missing details here.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Police responded to a shots fired call right? So who was shooting? Did someone possibly shoot out the window of the vehicle in order to get the rifle?

There are some missing details here.

It said unsecured vehicle, so my guess is it was unlocked.

Maybe the shot fired was the guy who stole the gun test firing it? Who doesn’t wanna shoot a new gun when you first get it?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Stealing beer is NOT the same as breaking into a LEO patrol vehicle.

Beer ='s a drinking problem
    Firearms out of a LEO Vehicle, you're up to more than a simple theft.

So, you perceive one theft as scarier than the other, therefore, the officer should be severely punished, or terminated? Makes perfect sense.

For the record, alcohol related deaths (88,000), are more than twice that of firearms (39,773).

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Guns get stolen from cars all the time, not just police cars. Besides, anti-cop stuff belongs in the carry issue & self defense section.
    Yep everytime we hold our govt or its employees responsible we are anti-cop or radical militia. (because they should be held to a higher standard even though I know that's not a popular opinion among cops or govt employees).
    The anti-cop label has as much meaning as the word racist anymore.

Top Bottom