• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    So that means that the police should be able to further regulate our rights? Yes, that is tragic, but it should not mean that law abiding citizens should have to be burdened by the government. Yes, I might've been pissed if I was the officer, and I would have a right to be pissed. But that doesn't give the officer the right to harass the man.

I agree, and stated so in my post. I think it was just bad judgment for this guy to go looking for a confrontation with a gun and a camera.

That cop had no clue what what was going on and no doubt was concerned... maybe a little scared.

I was just stating how a routine situation can turn ugly in an instant.

Sure the cop should have let it drop... but a LEO never knows what is going on in a persons head.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My question is how would the LEO have acted if the cameraman had NOT been carrying a gun? IF he walked up on the traffic stop exactly like he did, but not armed? Would the LEO have followed him? That's what I find interesting. I can see an argument for both sides...the execution was stupid though IMO

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    My question is how would the LEO have acted if the cameraman had NOT been carrying a gun? IF he walked up on the traffic stop exactly like he did, but not armed? Would the LEO have followed him? That's what I find interesting. I can see an argument for both sides...the execution was stupid though IMO

I'm sorry dude... I am not going to get into flame wars here. I stated an opinion and now you are changing the story to fit you own scenaeio.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I'm sorry dude... I am not going to get into flame wars here. I stated an opinion and now you are changing the story to fit you own scenaeio.

1--NOT a dude
    2--NOT trying to change any story to fit MY own scenario, it's called asking a question...I'm trying to freakin learn something here

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    1--NOT a dude
    2--NOT trying to change any story to fit MY own scenario, it's called asking a question...I'm trying to freakin learn something here

The answer is if you come onto a traffic stop with a camera you will be noticed. When you are displaying a gun (even in a holster) you will get more attention. This isn't rocket science.

But I am not going to argue with you because you want it.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    The answer is if you come onto a traffic stop with a camera you will be noticed. When you are displaying a gun (even in a holster) you will get more attention. This isn't rocket science.

thanks, I don't know if I'd of figured that one out on my own.

No, I don't want to argue, especially not with you. What I want is to not be attacked for asking a simple question...even if I'm not a rocket scientist. So thanks for that....way to go

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    thanks, I don't know if I'd of figured that one out on my own.

No, I don't want to argue, especially not with you. What I want is to not be attacked for asking a simple question...even if I'm not a rocket scientist. So thanks for that....way to go

I don't mind someone calling me a "dude". Not a problem at all with me.

But if you had it figured out why did you ask???

And I didn't attack you. That was the way you saw it because I was not in agreement with you.

Nuff said... You want to chat about this over a brewskie let m know.

Peace brother... life is too short to get your panties in a wad over something like this.

Joe

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I don't mind someone calling me a "dude". Not a problem at all with me.

But if you had it figured out why did you ask???

And I didn't attack you. That was the way you saw it because I was not in agreement with you.

Nuff said... You want to chat about this over a brewskie let m know.

Peace brother... life is too short to get your panties in a wad over something like this.

Joe

I'M NOT A DUDE BECAUSE I'M FEMALE
    I asked so that maybe some LEO's would pop up and tell what THEY would do if someone walked up on a traffic stop with a camera versus with a camera and a gun
    I don't care if you're in agreement with me...I don't need you to agree with me, I don't even care if you're in agreement with me.

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    I'M NOT A DUDE BECAUSE I'M FEMALE
    I asked so that maybe some LEO's would pop up and tell what THEY would do if someone walked up on a traffic stop with a camera versus with a camera and a gun
    I don't care if you're in agreement with me...I don't need you to agree with me, I don't even care if you're in agreement with me.

Sorry... I had no idea you were a female. But you can call me a dude.:)

I am ex LEO so I am posting from experience. My opinion and my :twocents:.

Peace and stay safe.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Guys, it's situations like this, that shows how laws come into being. I personally think that we have too many laws and do NOT need a single one more. Most laws could be done away with, with the simple application of common sense. In what world does one not legitimately understand that approaching an officer during a traffic stop is a bad idea? I mean, really?
    These guys at CopBlock are all about political protest and stressing to respect their liberty, but they are most surely doing more harm than good. I would be surprised if legislation was introduced that makes it verboten to do what they did in the vid. Sure as stuffing (and I'd bet a case of beer on it), it would pass. What politician would want to be the guy that voted "no" on a legislation designed to protect police officers?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Guys, it's situations like this, that shows how laws come into being. I personally think that we have too many laws and do NOT need a single one more. Most laws could be done away with, with the simple application of common sense. In what world does one not legitimately understand that approaching an officer during a traffic stop is a bad idea? I mean, really?
    These guys at CopBlock are all about political protest and stressing to respect their liberty, but they are most surely doing more harm than good. I would be surprised if legislation was introduced that makes it verboten to do what they did in the vid. Sure as stuffing (and I'd bet a case of beer on it), it would pass. What politician would want to be the guy that voted "no" on a legislation designed to protect police officers?
    Protect them from what? Cameras? Oooh, scary.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    As a person let alone a LEO, if I was in a parking lot and some guy was walking around video taping me while OCing I would have to think twice about what was going on.

why is that? when was the list time you arrested someone videotaping themselves?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    these are all part of the same "CopBlock" group dorks we saw with the hat in the court room.

they video cops doing stuff.

They only one i thought was good worth the time was this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsJcIwmqhU0]YouTube - Keene Police Officer Says He Can Park Anywhere[/ame]

Here was another one of their open carry filming:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzTOkKZako]YouTube - Cop Blocking OH State Trooper[/ame]

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I agree the guy was looking for an argument.

Yes, and the cop was wrong for it. Seriously. How freakin' scared could he have been to let the cameraman walk away like that? Poor judgment on the cameraman's fault for initiating the confrontation in such a manner. Doesn't change a single thing about the inappropriate response from the cop. A LEO respectful of an individual's right would have politely informed the cameraman that such behavior puts LEO in a bad situation, and unnecessarily forces them to consider the cameraman a threat. An "in the future" admonition would have been sufficient. The rest of the 10minute harangue was their feeble attempt to force the masses (okay, just this one guy) to submit.

I don't like seeing videos like this. Being right and being smart are two different things. I don't see the point in starting an argument just to prove you are right.
    What would we do on the internet then?

I in no shape way or form can justify the actions of the guy with the camera. He was clearly looking for a fight, why go out and find trouble. As a person let alone a LEO, if I was in a parking lot and some guy was walking around video taping me while OCing I would have to think twice about what was going on. So yes, I would be concerned for my safety. Why should the LEO, who puts his safety on the line everyday not be? This is not cut and dry like some are wanting it to be, it's not just another guy OCing walking around. This guy was OCing(which I have no problem with), video taping an officer, and started by walking up to the officer(#1 sign of confrontation). There are to many variables against this man to blow the situation off.

Serious question: do you always operate in the "every person is a potential criminal" mode? Why is it that behavior that doesn't fit your definition of normal is now somehow suspect and an indicator of criminality in your mind?

Ok, If I'm getting this straight. Group has a plan (CopBlock).... purposefully get pulled over so that an armed member of the group, not in the stopped vehicle, can make contact with police? I'm sorry but I have a huge problem with a guy purposefully doing that to an officer, standing at the window of a stopped car. What if it wasn't some group of people trying to make a point. What if it was the "tail" of a drug transport, and the moment the officer was distracted, he caught two to the back of head from the driver of the stopped vehicle? But legit officer safety takes a backseat when someone is trying to prove a point right?
    Sure they were fully within their rights to do what they did, but jeez use some common sense. I'm fully within my rights to stand on your kid's bus stop with a shotgun and fully loaded bandolier, and watch them go and come home from school. What are parent's going to do in such cases? Call the police? For what? Why even respond, nothing illegal has taken place right? :dunno:

You're a cop. It would be okay. I'd probably be arrested. Or at least molested and harassed.

You seem to have made amends of sorts by now, but just a friendly little reminder: a post immediately following yours isn't necessarily a response to it. Most of us use the quote feature if we want to address a particular post specifically. Can't help ya with the gender mix-up though. You're on your own figuring out who's who. ;)

Top Bottom