• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twingram

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Blackford County
    Man, maybe he was right about being within his rights but by refusing to show ID and other general jack***ery just made him look like he had done something wrong... Not impressed dude.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Yes there are 4 layers of stupid here but he did mention that he came onto the scene because it was his girlfriend that was pulled over for driving while talking on a cell phone. It is a possibility that he literally was there to make sure she didn't get harassed and not just a guy out trying to make the next youtube sensation. If he is (and there are many clues that he is) a political activist in this area then he may have good reason to believe she may get harassed.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I don't care how right these guys are, when they are cruising around with a camera trying to make a name for themselves I won't support them.
    If that was a rebuttal to my post then I agree with you in spirit. My point was that there was a chance IN THIS CASE that he wasn't cruising around with that intention. If he was, as you say, then yeah, he is a jerk that is not helping anyone's cause. The problem is that a motive based argument doesn't really work in a rules based scenario. That failing applies to my post as much as yours.
    If your post didn't really have mine in mind then, carry on, nothing to see here. :patriot:

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I am not in complete agreement with what the guy did, BUT I ALSO DONT AGREE with what the police tried to do by attempting to strong-arm him into submission. If the guy was walking down the street and there was no PC or RAS, he was free to leave without even speaking once to either of the officers. I will completely agree that it probably isnt the smartest thing in the world to OC while video taping, but remember everyone, IT'S NOT AGAINST THE LAW.

INGunGuy

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Man, maybe he was right about being within his rights but by refusing to show ID and other general jack***ery just made him look like he had done something wrong... Not impressed dude.

So please do me a favor and make a photocopy of your drivers license and social security card and post them in response to my reply. I would like your information to "just make sure you are not a felon" Remember everyone, you are guilty until proven... Oh wait, I mean innocent until proven guilty.

INGunGuy

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, If I'm getting this straight. Group has a plan (CopBlock).... purposefully get pulled over so that an armed member of the group, not in the stopped vehicle, can make contact with police? I'm sorry but I have a huge problem with a guy purposefully doing that to an officer, standing at the window of a stopped car. What if it wasn't some group of people trying to make a point. What if it was the "tail" of a drug transport, and the moment the officer was distracted, he caught two to the back of head from the driver of the stopped vehicle? But legit officer safety takes a backseat when someone is trying to prove a point right?
    Sure they were fully within their rights to do what they did, but jeez use some common sense. I'm fully within my rights to stand on your kid's bus stop with a shotgun and fully loaded bandolier, and watch them go and come home from school. What are parent's going to do in such cases? Call the police? For what? Why even respond, nothing illegal has taken place right? :dunno:

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    What a moron! I'm all for rights but he was trying to start something with those cops. What the h@#$ did he think would happen. Pull that crap here and they would cuff ya

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If that was a rebuttal to my post then I agree with you in spirit. My point was that there was a chance IN THIS CASE that he wasn't cruising around with that intention. If he was, as you say, then yeah, he is a jerk that is not helping anyone's cause. The problem is that a motive based argument doesn't really work in a rules based scenario. That failing applies to my post as much as yours.
    If your post didn't really have mine in mind then, carry on, nothing to see here. :patriot:

No rebuttal to anyone, sorry about the timing. Since you brought it up I agree with you fully. If he' looking to be a douche then he gets what he deserves but if that wasn't his intention then I applaud him for standing up.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    This cop needs to find a new line of work if he is scared of guns.

Im scared of guns too when some idiot has one while fiming me with a video camera filming and walking up to me. or maybe aware rather than scared. the only times in my experience that this has happened is when someone was making a kill video for propaganda. I advocate all the time on here for citizens rights regarding guns and not having them violated by the police. I take heat for it. but this time, im telling you that if I was that cop, I would have had hin sit his ass on the sidewalk with his legs crossed and facing away from me with hands on his head interlocking fingers until another unit showed up to Identify him as friend or foe. that could have been as simple as afew questions or it could have went further depending. Im all for rights, but I dont believe in antagonizing the police. or scaring them for the sake of internet ratings because your a loon.. this guy needs to get a real job and stop wasting air.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I can think of at least one way to both prove the point and put the officers' minds at ease. I would've told the officer "I'll show you some ID if you admit on camera that I'm not legally obligated to do so." I'd also have him tell me his name and have him show me his ID (I've got just as much right to ask as he does in this situation). But, I would also have apologized for the misunderstanding, or better yet realized that approaching an officer at a stop was a bad idea and never have done it.

Seriously though, who in their right mind would think their girlfriend is going to be harassed at a traffic stop for talking on a cell phone? I'm sure if they had been harassed in the past that there would've been text describing it to get further sympathy from his viewers.

Both parties acted poorly in my opinion. :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I can think of at least one way to both prove the point and put the officers' minds at ease. I would've told the officer "I'll show you some ID if you admit on camera that I'm not legally obligated to do so." I'd also have him tell me his name and have him show me his ID (I've got just as much right to ask as he does in this situation). But, I would also have apologized for the misunderstanding, or better yet realized that approaching an officer at a stop was a bad idea and never have done it.

Seriously though, who in their right mind would think their girlfriend is going to be harassed at a traffic stop for talking on a cell phone? I'm sure if they had been harassed in the past that there would've been text describing it to get further sympathy from his viewers.

Both parties acted poorly in my opinion. :twocents:

If i was the officer why would I wanna admit anything on camera for his little propoganda video? so he could sue me later?

I am ALL for video taping the police secretly or recording them if you are pulled over under a naturally occurring set of circumstances. i have digital recorders in my car to do it myself. but I do not believe in or support setting up the police to entrap them into your set of circumstances to get the result you want out of the video. the same as i do not support police entrapment.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Another great find Rambone. I don't buy the crap about that being the guy's girlfirend. If she called him there, do you think she would have just driven away without saying a word to him afterwards? Maybe he should have had "LIE!" come up in red on his video after he said that. Maybe that same thing should have come up when he was talking about how difficult it was going to be to park.

He is the one that decided he wanted to be involved in a traffic stop by walking up on it. He could have taped the stop from across the street but instead decided to walk right up to it. He was only seeking confrontation, not to keep everyone accountable like he said. If he was only seeking accountability, he would have stayed back and videotaped the stop from an area where the officer would not have seen him. I'm guessing that officer had plans to drag that woman out of her car and beat the crap out of her though so this guy is a hero in the end.

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    Indy layed an officer to rest yesterday that had made a routine traffic stop. And was excuted in the street.

Maybe the officer in this case went overbord by confronting ths guy after the fact but if some of you had had been in this position (the officer) you would have been pizzed as well.

This guy was wrong... and gives many of us a bad rep. :twocents:

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    i just dont see the point in a ten minute argument about his privacy but everybody has there own issues

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    Indy layed an officer to rest yesterday that had made a routine traffic stop. And was excuted in the street.

So that means that the police should be able to further regulate our rights? Yes, that is tragic, but it should not mean that law abiding citizens should have to be burdened by the government. Yes, I might've been pissed if I was the officer, and I would have a right to be pissed. But that doesn't give the officer the right to harass the man.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    Im scared of guns too when some idiot has one while fiming me with a video camera filming and walking up to me. or maybe aware rather than scared. the only times in my experience that this has happened is when someone was making a kill video for propaganda. I advocate all the time on here for citizens rights regarding guns and not having them violated by the police. I take heat for it. but this time, im telling you that if I was that cop, I would have had hin sit his ass on the sidewalk with his legs crossed and facing away from me with hands on his head interlocking fingers until another unit showed up to Identify him as friend or foe. that could have been as simple as afew questions or it could have went further depending. Im all for rights, but I dont believe in antagonizing the police. or scaring them for the sake of internet ratings because your a loon.. this guy needs to get a real job and stop wasting air.

If you're going to go through all that trouble... why not just take his gun?:dunno:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield

. :twocents:

I've had a family member pulled over solely for the purpose of being harassed. The officer was reprimanded and punishment was made after the two police agencies involved realized the officer was not only totally in the wrong and that harassment was his only motive but that they couldn't "make it go away". In "my" case the officer messed with the wrong person (he/she has taken down bigger people than an officer). It was a lapse of judgment and total lack of maturity on the officers part but it does happen.
    In general though, I agree, it is extremely unlikely that an officer on the scene is anything but a good thing. I still have absolutely nothing but respect for someone willing to wear a uniform for a living. That includes the individual involved in "my" incident. I'm not going to judge the profession or even the individual on one severe lack of judgment.

Top Bottom