• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    What are you talking about, how was what I wrote stooping low?? Calls were being made to get information to discredit the OP just as was done to Jeremy. I think you got confused in your multi-quote frenzy.
    I encourage them to make calls. Unless the officers choose to lie, or information is sought from someone who has no idea what the hell they are talking about, they will corroborate what happened and may be able to give an explanation as to why they acted the way they did.

ok, now we can close the thread. I've heard all I need to know. Time to add another idiot to the ignore list. I have zero desire to read any more of his BS.
    The thread was posted a year ago and without checking, I'm fairly confident you contributed to the discussion. What does this have to do with the situation at hand? More so, how does having a firearm in my legally leased apartment make me an idiot or out to be spouting BS? This was all handled up thread, maybe you should read a little closer.

Last edited:

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Since we're deconstructing language...

I agree, a rifle round is superior to the pistol round (we won't talk about offensive and defensive applications)

You believe that carrying a rifle for EDC is common sense (cool, that's your opinion)

You do not carry a rifle, which means either you don't have one, or you don't have common sense. It's either one or the other. There's no third option. Now if by chance you do have a rifle, and doth protest being assumed to not have common sense, I'd like to hear your reasonings as to why you do not employ the "common sense" option.

This basic simply reiterates that you think having a long gun for EDC isn't bad idea, and in fact is preferrable to the OC'ing or CC'ing of a handgun.

So if "common sense" is a good thing, why don't you follow your own advice?

I'm sorry, but reread my 2nd sentence. I do not believe in this common sense. So I am fine with not having it.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    What are you talking about, how was what I wrote stooping low?? Calls were being made to get information to discredit the OP just as was done to Jeremy. I think you got confused in your multi-quote frenzy.

I took it as you were saying that you would be willing to stoop low enough to do to him what was done to Jeremy. If that's not what you meant, I apologize.
    The difference is modesty. In a cultured intelligent society, reasonable modesty preferrable. What's the differnce between a beach bikini, and lingerie bikini? Essentailly nothing... but one is less modest than the other.

A gun is a gun is a gun is gun. Strapping a tool designed to defend yourself to your waist, in my opinion, is no different than throwing one over your shoulder. Just like my keys and my phone, it goes everywhere with me, provided it is legal. Whether I choose a 3.5" barreled pistol or a 26" barreled rifle, that is irrelevant.

I think he did as well. He missed my 1st point and nothing in my 2nd was asinine.
    What was asinine is the stunt those attention whores pulled.

They were idiots for doing that. What could be the outcome when dealing with soccer moms and sheeple. What could possibly be gained here. Nothing....zero.
    This is of course only my humble opinion.

I agree with much he states as well but what these 3 did was a stunt pure and simple.
    No protest or stated reasons.

He stated up thread that his friend did it because he does not have a handgun. Because he has no handgun, should he be required to disarm in public? No. He carried the rifle for the same reason you, presumably, carry a handgun. Defense. It doesn't matter that they were a group of three or in McDonalds. Would you rather be in a group of 3 people with all of you carrying a firearm, or just 1 of you? I know my choice. Calling them idiots for carrying a rifle is what I was saying is asinine. What could be the outcome of carrying a rifle in public? Education. If it went the way he claims, it could have been handled much better. LEO shows up, addresses the group, leaves. It will never happen because of one thing. Support. We, as gun owners, can't even support each other when something like this happens, what makes anyone ever think that the public will ever support us? I hope that one day the carry of long guns and handguns alike are both socially acceptable. I would love to be able to walk into a store carrying a long gun and not be judged as a mass murderer by anyone in that store, especially ones that are also on this forum.

I was not saying your entire post was asinine, just calling this poster and his friends an idiot for carrying a long gun in public.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I totally missed this... is this thread still up?

Jeremy made claims over the years and was called upon to back them up. He was conveniently being deployed soon thereafter, thus he has failed to return to post answers to the questions even though he has supposedly returned home. The legend :rolleyes: of Jeremy is that he was somehow bullied into leaving by the INGO management and friends.

Myself, I don't subscribe to the idea that Jeremy would be pushed around by anyone, thus the only conclusion is...
    ???
    ...you can decide. Be sure to pay close attention to who is doing the commenting:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/306800-anyone-heard-jeremy.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/251397-wheres-jeremy.html

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If the guy was carrying an AR because he didn't have a LTCH or refused to pay to exercise his constitutional right to bear arms, he should be applauded and encouraged to continue.

If the guy doesn't even know the Second Amendment exists and was simply trying to see what would happen, he is an attention seeker and is doing no one a service.

There are only three people who know which category the guy falls in, but the OP posted that his INITIAL concern was seeing what would happen. As for the OP himself, sometimes there is guilt by association, but if the guy was simply tagging along with them, well, that may be a little different.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Well I'm happy to know that there are others here that do not like gun owners ripping on other law abiding gun owners. This whole "my way is the only right way and anything else isn't helping our cause and should stop" attitude is exactly what antis are like.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If the guy was carrying an AR because he didn't have a LTCH or refused to pay to exercise his constitutional right to bear arms, he should be applauded and encouraged to continue.

If the guy doesn't even know the Second Amendment exists and was simply trying to see what would happen, he is an attention seeker and is doing no one a service.

There are only three people who know which category the guy falls in, but the OP posted that his INITIAL concern was seeing what would happen. As for the OP himself, sometimes there is guilt by association, but if the guy was simply tagging along with them, well, that may be a little different.

What about the ones who have a LTCh and no handgun?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I didn't see that posted as the case in this instance.

Post #72.
    He doesn't have a handgun.

Does have an LTCH, does not have a handgun as he is waiting until he turns 21 to purchase one from an FFL.

That is insightful. Thank you. Still doesn't explain the the way they acted after determining there was no threat though, which they did from outside the restaurant and again inside before drawing on us.

I started recording after having a loaded AR pointed at my body and being unlawfully instructed to leave the restaurant. Thanks for making assumptions though.

Already being done.

If it was only about calling out the officers, don't you think I would have publicly listed their names?

Where did you see that he did it to see what would happen? Not trying to be a jerk, just didn't see it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just not really sure what this accomplishes... I would hate to live in society where carrying an AR was normal.

I would love to live in a society where it's normal for everyone to carry whatever they feel the most comfortable using whether it was a handgun or rifle.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well I'm happy to know that there are others here that do not like gun owners ripping on other law abiding gun owners. This whole "my way is the only right way and anything else isn't helping our cause and should stop" attitude is exactly what antis are like.

What about those who infer that any criticism of fellow gun owners is antigun?

For all we know our unlicensed friend with the AR at MickeyD's had no clue of how to SAFELY handle a rifle in a crowded business? How many folks might he have swept? What do you think his trigger discipline might have been? Not quite the same as OCing a handgun in a proper holster is it?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I took it as you were saying that you would be willing to stoop low enough to do to him what was done to Jeremy. If that's not what you meant, I apologize.

A gun is a gun is a gun is gun. Strapping a tool designed to defend yourself to your waist, in my opinion, is no different than throwing one over your shoulder. Just like my keys and my phone, it goes everywhere with me, provided it is legal. Whether I choose a 3.5" barreled pistol or a 26" barreled rifle, that is irrelevant.

He stated up thread that his friend did it because he does not have a handgun. Because he has no handgun, should he be required to disarm in public? No. He carried the rifle for the same reason you, presumably, carry a handgun. Defense. It doesn't matter that they were a group of three or in McDonalds. Would you rather be in a group of 3 people with all of you carrying a firearm, or just 1 of you? I know my choice. Calling them idiots for carrying a rifle is what I was saying is asinine. What could be the outcome of carrying a rifle in public? Education. If it went the way he claims, it could have been handled much better. LEO shows up, addresses the group, leaves. It will never happen because of one thing. Support. We, as gun owners, can't even support each other when something like this happens, what makes anyone ever think that the public will ever support us? I hope that one day the carry of long guns and handguns alike are both socially acceptable. I would love to be able to walk into a store carrying a long gun and not be judged as a mass murderer by anyone in that store, especially ones that are also on this forum.

I was not saying your entire post was asinine, just calling this poster and his friends an idiot for carrying a long gun in public.

Point taken. That I see the action as idiotic is of course my opinion.
    I also stated up thread that emotions are running very high in our community and some (myself) see these situations as avoidable. Again, my opinion.
    Name calling (idiots/asinine) is emotional and that is not an opinion...it is fact. My emotions run amok when I see anything that can have a negative effect on these fragile (yes, very fragile) freedoms/rights.
    I see your points, I wish that some would see mine and use their heads a bit more.
    In a rational way of thinking..long gun in a burger joint is just not "Fashionable" right now.
    My 1911 (yes, I carry) goes with my boots.....:):

Edit....I never assumed he was anything but law abiding and stated as much.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Post #72.

You are correct. It doesn't matter if a person has a LTCH if they choose to carry a rifle. Again, if the guy was carrying a rifle because that was his choice, I see nothing wrong with it.

Where did you see that he did it to see what would happen? Not trying to be a jerk, just didn't see it.

Again, you are correct. That was a comment made my another member. Still, only those three know the real intent, but I would certainly give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I will not vilify the guy just because he was carrying an AR.

Thanks for setting me straight.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What about those who infer that any criticism of fellow gun owners is antigun?

For all we know our unlicensed friend with the AR at MickeyD's had no clue of how to SAFELY handle a rifle in a crowded business? How many folks might he have swept? What do you think his trigger discipline might have been? Not quite the same as OCing in a proper holster is it?
    You mean his licensed friend who hasn't purchased a handgun because he isn't 21 and wants to buy from an FFL?

And the guy that had the rifle slung over his shoulder?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I would love to live in a society where it's normal for everyone to carry whatever they feel the most comfortable using whether it was a handgun or rifle.

Agreed.

Remember folks, Open Carry is bad, it draws unwanted attention to gun owners and the soccer moms will vote to get us disarmed for simply Open Carry of a handgun because they are scared and their rights are being infringed upon. Think of the children

Top Bottom