• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    Seems to me that you guys need to comprehend what he is talking about. I believe he was referring to the incident in the OP and claims that it was'nt video taped to record any reaction to someone carrying a rifle.

Reread his post yourself.

Answer to quote 1: No

Answer to quote 2: I don't think that ever happened

Answer to quote 3: And definitely not yesterday

My comprehension is fine. Sorry it doesn't line up with your belief.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When I carry no one knows so it is not an issue.

That doesn't make it invisible.
    And you've probably been noticed by another carrier, they just didn't say anything.
    So if you reach or somehow uncover your pistol, do you think you should receive the same treatment? Because people are scared of guns and someone did something wrong with one?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    So....when are you guys going to carry your rifles to a public restaurant?

As soon as you lend me one. I'll bring it back, I promise.

I'll lend you one of mine, and I'll video the encounter that will most assuredly happen, as long as I get half of the payout if you get the chance to sue.:):

Deal. Now, I will preface this by saying the resulting thread/video will NOT be focused on rifle carry, but instead how society (LEO and non-LEO alike) reacts. If something goes down, it is not intentional. My intentions are to show support for the others who have done so...

Yet another high profile mass shooting involving an AR, this time at an airport. And you are going to video someone OC'ing an AR to record the public's reaction? I think that reaction is a given dude. You are dreaming if you expect to condition the public to not respond negatively to OC'ing a long gun. Be prepared to be confronted by LEO who are rightly concerned about yet another mass shooting. And don't be surprised if they are adrenalin pumped.

Deadly LAX shooting: Why did he do it? - CNN.com
    Here is where it starts getting confusing.

When did that happen?
    It didn't.

Yesterday.
    wrong
    No. I don't think that ever happened. And definitely not yesterday.
    correct
    Grunt got lost.
    Take your head out of the sand dude.
    so did Owgem.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Perhaps some of you would have better interactions with the police if you took 30 seconds to put yourselves in their shoes. That is just common courtesy. The golden rule.

If you are out on the town looking to prove a point to the powers that be, you have no excuse to $&%^* when the police come prove a counter point to you.
    What the heck are you talking about?
    what "counter point" was made?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Seems to me that you guys need to comprehend what he is talking about. I believe he was referring to the incident in the OP and claims that it was'nt video taped to record any reaction to someone carrying a rifle.
    Also wrong.
    he was referring to Stephen87's and my posts.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Here is where it starts getting confusing.

It didn't.

wrong

correct

Grunt got lost.

so did Owgem.

OK, my post #887 was not referencing the OP but the post before mine, #886.

My error for not quoting. Everything else stands.

And I will not be drawn into discussions with straw man posts.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Also wrong.
    he was referring to Stephen87's and my posts.
    Half wrong. I was referring to those other two guys thinking KW730 was talking about the lax incident. I may have missed the posts you are referring to about you and stephan87.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Reread his post yourself.

Answer to quote 1: No

Answer to quote 2: I don't think that ever happened

Answer to quote 3: And definitely not yesterday

My comprehension is fine. Sorry it doesn't line up with your belief.
    His posts were not referring to the lax incident. You might wanna reread it yourself. See post #888 for the original context where he responded to the specific portion of the previous post he quoted.

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    His posts were not referring to the lax incident. You might wanna reread it yourself. See post #888 for the original context where he responded to the specific portion of the previous post he quoted.
    My bad.........I took his responses to reference the link to the LAX shooting. I need more :coffee:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My bad.........I took his responses to reference the link to the LAX shooting. I need more :coffee:
    No sweat. I might've come come off as a bit abrasive. I think it might be time to move on to something else. There's not much meat left on the bone here when we all start debating interpretations of who said what.

Cheers.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Why would you conceal carry an AR in McDonalds? Why would you conceal carry your 1911? Your Glock? Your SIG? Your KelTec?

Because you can and you're are under no obligation to carry what someone else wants, how they want you to carry. That simple. When you pay my bills, pay for my firearm, answer for what I do, then you can tell me what to do. Until then, you don't matter to me.

No offense to anyone in this thread:: it's a statement for all of those people who criticize others for how or what they do. Not directed towards anyone in particular.

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Why do people feel the need to fight so hard for your right to carry as long as you carry the way they think you should, otherwise they become as bad as the antis?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Why do people feel the need to fight so hard for your right to carry as long as you carry the way they think you should, otherwise they become as bad as the antis?

Why do SOME gun owners feel the need to compare their fellow gun owners to the enemy for stating an opinion different from theirs?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Why do SOME gun owners feel the need to compare their fellow gun owners to the enemy for stating an opinion different from theirs?

And what if they aren't stating an opinion that differs, but instead they state that if they saw you carrying a long gun they would call 911 as well? Isn't that just becoming an anti for those few minutes?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And what if they aren't stating an opinion that differs, but instead they state that if they saw you carrying a long gun they would call 911 as well? Isn't that just becoming an anti for those few minutes?

That's not the question I asked, but following your lead;

How would you handle seeing someone dangerously handling an AR in a crowded public place?

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    What do you consider dangerously?

But following YOUR lead... How would you handle someone with a rifle slung correctly and safely over their shoulder? That's what this thread is about. Not someone walking around sweeping people with a fully loaded AR with their booger hook on the bang switch.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Eric Holder stated a few years ago that his mission was to make gun ownership "un-cool", he would turn people agianst the NRA, and view people who carry as evil and the enemy. I remember as a kid walking to the 50 acres of woods behind our house carrying .22's. Back then ,Officer Toneff would give us pointers on squirrel hunting. I remember seeing shotguns in the back of pick-up trucks driving around during hunting season. Now they shoot young children for playing with toy guns, suspend them from school for wearing a NRA shirt, can't even eat a sandwich without worrying if it might look like a Glock after a few bites! I wouldn't carry a AK into a McDonald's, but the 2nd Ammendment says I can. I guess I underestimated Eric Holder. Guess alot of people did.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... How would you handle someone with a rifle slung correctly and safely over their shoulder? That's what this thread is about. Not someone walking around sweeping people with a fully loaded AR with their booger hook on the bang switch.

That's where you are mistaken. I'm not sure you know what is "correctly and safely"? Nor am I sure a lot people, including the mentioned party, know what is "correctly and safely" when it comes to running their AR in a crowded restaurant?

Top Bottom