• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm.....$300/hr for attorney vs. $140ish for new lifetime LTCH.....

Agreed. In post #37, I said:

Getting at LTCH is a lot easier, less expensive, and less time consuming than fighting a criminal case.
    :)

I'm a big advocate in getting the LTCH, even if one doesn't plan to carry.

Point of order: OP is not Poster #27. Jlane is the OP, not Wstar45. Jlane indicated he (she?) is in Allen County. I guess there could be an Allen county in another state too, but more likely here.

As you were.

Gotcha. I think it's getting confusing! :laugh:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Reality check here my friend. In most areas you own the property down to the sidewalk. A least that is how it is in our area. That big patch of grass between the walk and the street belongs to the city. Yes we have to mow it but they own it.

And in some areas you own to the middle of the road, the road is only an easement... check you survey to know for sure.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Point of order: OP is not Poster #27. Jlane is the OP, not Wstar45. Jlane indicated he (she?) is in Allen County. I guess there could be an Allen county in another state too, but more likely here.

As you were.
    I got confused on that too Cm. Indiana law vice Cheese-head law? That's a whole other thread.

jlane

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2019
    Allen County
    This. I even recommend this to people who dont want to carry, but do want to go to the range. It makes it MUCH less of a headache during transport. And, as a bonus, if you ever DO decide to carry, you are ready.

Is there a particular reason you dont want to get a license?

Me personally, no reason other than funding right now

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The current five year license is rather inexpensive ($40?). However, as of 1 Jul 2020, it will be free. It's money well spent IMO.

I thought the lifetime was free but the NICS compliant 5 year had a cost?

Either way, you can do it for nothing in about 10 months.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I’m sorry for the confusion.

i was actually asking about the Indiana situation of the sidewalk and grass strip not being owned by the home owner. Then I interjected an out of state scenario/question which in hindsight just confused the issue.

I find it a little silly, tho maybe not legal, that stepping on or across the sidewalk in front of your home would put you into an illegal situation IN Indiana if you didn’t have a LTCH. That is all.

I grew up in Indiana and travel back there at least once a year, which is why I’m here.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

i was actually asking about the Indiana situation of the sidewalk and grass strip not being owned by the home owner. Then I interjected an out of state scenario/question which in hindsight just confused the issue.

I find it a little silly, tho maybe not legal, that stepping on or across the sidewalk in front of your home would put you into an illegal situation IN Indiana if you didn’t have a LTCH. That is all.

I grew up in Indiana and travel back there at least once a year, which is why I’m here.

There is a lot of silliness. Much will be ended with Constitutional Carry.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I thought the lifetime was free but the NICS compliant 5 year had a cost?

Either way, you can do it for nothing in about 10 months.

I tried to look into it today, and I'm confused as to the stipulations to the free one. I also heard that the five-year one was going to allow reciprocity with more states as some states don't like the idea of our non-expiring licenses. This came from a connection I have at the State House, but I can't be for sure. I know that the idea was that if one wanted more reciprocity, he could have both the lifetime and the five-year. It's all maddness. Constitutional carry needs to happen.

While on the topic of reciprocity, do you have a WI CCW/LTCH? If so, you can carry here all you want when you visit.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    While on the topic of reciprocity, do you have a WI CCW/LTCH? If so, you can carry here all you want when you visit.

Yes, I have a WI CCL (Conceal Carry License) and I carry when I am in Indiana. As mentioned before, we also have unlicensed open carry, which I do when the weather permits. I’m a little less brave about that when I’m out of state, but I have open carried around New Paris, where we visit.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I agree on that. Hopefully we take another swing in 2020 and see how it plays out

Part of me wants to wait and go for 2021 after the free 5-year LTCH kicks in. Move the sticks this year: valid out of state LTCH for 90 days after becoming an Indiana Resident, take a run at the State tax credit for training/storage device. Definitely bring back the firearms training for teachers/school staff for 2020.

Don't get me wrong, if Jim Lucas puts ConC up there, I'll be there.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Part of me wants to wait and go for 2021 after the free 5-year LTCH kicks in. Move the sticks this year: valid out of state LTCH for 90 days after becoming an Indiana Resident, take a run at the State tax credit for training/storage device. Definitely bring back the firearms training for teachers/school staff for 2020.

Don't get me wrong, if Jim Lucas puts ConC up there, I'll be there.

True. Once they lose the revenue on the 5 year latch, they can't use that as a reason to not get behind constitutional carry

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I have a WI CCL (Conceal Carry License) and I carry when I am in Indiana. As mentioned before, we also have unlicensed open carry, which I do when the weather permits. I’m a little less brave about that when I’m out of state, but I have open carried around New Paris, where we visit.

Gosh, a liberal state like Wisconsin has constitutional open carry – and we don’t. Indiana talks a big red state game, but we can’t fully walk-the-walk.

You’re fine to open carry here with your WI license. May draw stares in Indy and in Bloomington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    L
    Gosh, a liberal state like Wisconsin has constitutional open carry – and we don’t. Indiana talks a big red state game, but we can’t fully walk-the-walk.

You’re fine to open carry here with your WI license. May draw stares in Indy and in Bloomington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey!!!! Wisconsin voted for Trump this last election!!! We had been red on all three branches until Walker lost to Evers last election. Now he’s trying to implement red flag laws, talking about all the normal Dem talking points but other two branches Repub majority. Like most states, Madison and Milwaukee can overwhelm the rest of the mostly CONSERVATIVE state. Many farmers were on the Obamacare bandwagon as lots of them had no insurance. I’d say we’re purple, hard to predict which way the state goes, and polls/media often get us wrong.

I’d like to see an electoral college system for Governor!

We’ve been open carry since 1848 when WI became a state, the ONLY way you could carry. Sadly, second to last to get a concealed carry option. The Police Chief of Milwaukee has said as of a few years ago that his officers will put any open carriers ON THE GROUND until WE determine if you are legal to do so. It’s just not addressed, not legal except it’s not illegal. I wouldn’t be surprised if our new Governor tries to change that, following Walmart’s lead, but I haven’t heard anything about it.

Madison learned their lesson a few years ago, but Milwaukee is a different place. You don’t see much open carry here. I open carry whenever the weather is nice, but I live in a small rural farming community. We have a large sausage factory, hiring mostly Hispanic workers. My wife is the School Administrator, which is 50-60 percent Hispanic. For the most part, everyone gets along. People have trouble putting us together when they first meet us. She’s not my biggest open carry fan, but will be seen in public with me after giving up getting me to change. She has her CCL and shoots a Sig 229, her bedside gun. She carried on the remote trails in N WI, but NEVER in public.

I always think we are rated too low in the “states with best gun laws” rankings. Usually below Texas, which I certainly don’t get. You can get a CCL with Hunter Safety that you took as a 12 year old, having never touched a handgun. (Why our reciprocity sucks) Otherwise, a NRA Basic Pistol class, Police or Military training, and $50.00 for 5 years. You can open or conceal into a bar, but you can’t drink if you’re concealed. You actually can if you’re open! It makes no sense, like most of what .gov does. Our no gun signs carry the weight of law, you can be trespassed if you refuse to leave.

Ripon, WI is onsidered the home of the Republican Party, although there is some dissent on that with Exeter, NH also laying claim to that title.

https://www.loc.gov/item/90705492/

Last edited:
    Top Bottom